iBasso???
Nov 6, 2008 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

mortonjl

500+ Head-Fier
So I've read all the great threads on iBasso amps and went ahead and ordered a D3 python. Good news it shipped out of Hong Kong at 7:30PM on the third and it was delivered on the 4th at 11:30AM, or should I say it was left at my door. The bad news is that it was shipped to my billing address instead of my shipping address. I am on the road working in South Carolina and it sits at my door in New York until my sister can drive 50 miles to my house next week and get it. Since monday when I found out, I have sent several emails to iBasso from my work and home email locations and have heard nothing as of thursday evening. My paypal receipt has my shipping address here in SC, also a verified address. Not sure if there is anyone from iBasso on here but I would sure like some sort of correspondence from them. Great first thread huh? Rant over.

Nov 6, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #2 of 25
Maybe you could contact the shipping service (UPS or FedEx)?

Nov 7, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #4 of 25
I also ordered a D3 and used my office as the shipping address and it too was sent to my home address. Fortunately, I was home sick that day and it all worked out.

Nov 7, 2008 at 8:54 AM Post #5 of 25
well that sux man especially as you must've paid heaps extra for the fastest shipping available; they should give you $$ back. sounds like they have either a bug in there billing/delivery system or the place is full of morons. who ships to a different address and is happy to leave something like that on the doorstep... in New York for christ sake not the safest place to leave something valuable and pocket size. of course this last issue is as much DHL's fault but still

Nov 7, 2008 at 10:10 AM Post #6 of 25
Actually I just paid the regular shipping price on the iBasso website, couldn't believe how fast it shipped. It's in Syracuse, upstate NY, real quiet area of town so it's not that bad there. Like I said, still no reply from iBasso and it looks like it's not the first time it's happened.

Nov 8, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by mortonjl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok, another day has gone by with no reply, anyone else have any words of wisdom?

If you are using there email address, which I can only assume you are, I don't understand the lack of response. They have always been very good with responses. I know I emailed them the other day and it took a few days to get back to me and that was on an order.

Nov 8, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #9 of 25
Yeah, using the email address on the website. Also responded to the email they sent with the tracking number on it, not sure if it's the same. Sent from my work and home email addresses so you'd think one of them would work.

Nov 8, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by mortonjl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jamato8, i wouldn't hearing some feedback on your D3 if you have time, just to make the wait even worse.

I am not sure what you are saying. You wouldn't mind some feedback or you would? I mean I wouldn't want to torture you with mind teasing musical fantasies of what you might, could, should, be hearing.

Nov 8, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #13 of 25
But there has been write ups on the D3. I find that the USB dac section is very good with a clean sound. The nice feature about it, is that you can run just the dac section or just the amp or of course both. The D3 is spacious and more refined than past iBasso amps. The feel and fit is quality and though I didn't think I would like having to take the batteries out to recharge them, I do because I can use batteries like the eneloops, which are excellent for the sound. The gain control is effective and you even get two cases, which was a big surprise to me. iBasso has come a long ways. I have other amps from China and the companies don't seem to really push ahead. iBasso has been very concerned with quality and sound, and it shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back