iBasso SR2 Reaching for more music.
Nov 9, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #61 of 205
@Paul - iBasso I love the SR2 and the stock cable is superb, still... any plans for a balanced upgrade?

Nov 9, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #62 of 205
@Paul - iBasso I love the SR2 and the stock cable is superb, still... any plans for a balanced upgrade?
I'm using the Meze 99 balanced upgrade cable with mine. Works like a charm, though I'm considering a proper custom cable for these great headphones.

Nov 9, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #63 of 205
Nov 9, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #64 of 205
Good question, David. I will get back to you later today, depending on mail delivery :wink:

Great thanks!

The SR2 will be my first headphone review, I'd like to go balanced to check how it scales even further :p

The stock cable is really great! From what I remember reading from @Paul - iBasso it's not SPC but a silver/copper alloy quite interesting!

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #65 of 205
Yes, we have the CB17 that is just coming out. It is a very reasonable (and worth much more) 99 USD.

4.4mm Balanced Cable

High Purity Silver Copper Alloy
Braided Tangle Free Construction
Plug: 4.4mm gold plated balanced TRRRS
Length: 180CM ± 5CM

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 9, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #66 of 205
Yes, we have the CB17 that is just coming out. It is a very reasonable (and worth much more) 99 USD.

4.4mm Balanced Cable

Awesome. Please update when it becomes available. Do you know what the length will be?

Nov 9, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #70 of 205

4.4mm Balanced Cable

I am ordering right away! (Looks like it's not on the website yet, sending you an email)

Nov 12, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #71 of 205
Here is a close up of iBasso CB17 cable for SR2 (though, can be probably used with other 3.5mm-earcup jack headphones). It is the same cable as stock, the same length as well, but with a balanced termination - nice quality plug with a carbon fiber insert. Typically, you will find a lot of desktop equipment with 3.5mm/6.35mm headphone outputs, thus I assume the reason why iBasso chose that plug/adapter in SR2 stock cable. This will give you an option to upgrade the cable for use with 4.4mm balanced DAPs.

ibasso_sr2-x14.jpg ibasso_sr2-x15.jpg
ibasso_sr2-x16.jpg

Nov 12, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #72 of 205
Here is a close up of iBasso CB17 cable for SR2 (though, can be probably used with other 3.5mm-earcup jack headphones). It is the same cable as stock, the same length as well, but with a balanced termination - nice quality plug with a carbon fiber insert. Typically, you will find a lot of desktop equipment with 3.5mm/6.35mm headphone outputs, thus I assume the reason why iBasso chose that plug/adapter in SR2 stock cable. This will give you an option to upgrade the cable for use with 4.4mm balanced DAPs.

ibasso_sr2-x14.jpg ibasso_sr2-x15.jpg
ibasso_sr2-x16.jpg
I was hoping it would be a little shorter, like 4.5 ft. It's a little long for me and use with a dap. Sure is a nice cable though.

Nov 12, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #73 of 205
I was hoping it would be a little shorter, like 4.5 ft. It's a little long for me and use with a dap. Sure is a nice cable though.

It is longer than a typical 1.2m cable, though only 1.8m, still better than some desktop 3m cables :D Plus, this is a typical dual 3.5mm 2ring earcup termination, nothing proprietary so you will be able to find a shorter replacement, just don't know if cheaper consider CB17 and stock cable feature high purity silver copper alloy and this one cost $99. I mean, I have seen a lot of cheap cables but they either use low quality copper or spc wires.

Nov 12, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #74 of 205
@twister6 Thanks for the pics, should be getting one soon, too bad it's longer... looks like the exact same as the stock only balanced, am I wrong?
Not a bad thing, stock sounds great!

Nov 12, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #75 of 205
It is longer than a typical 1.2m cable, though only 1.8m, still better than some desktop 3m cables :D Plus, this is a typical dual 3.5mm 2ring earcup termination, nothing proprietary so you will be able to find a shorter replacement, just don't know if cheaper consider CB17 and stock cable feature high purity silver copper alloy and this one cost $99. I mean, I have seen a lot of cheap cables but they either use low quality copper or spc wires.
I'm using the Meze upgrade cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back