Ibasso SR2...... 🍀 🇺🇸...here 😳
Aug 20, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #77 of 915
I have the SR2 too, and I have to say they are very much good. I have the EarMen TR-AMp driving them, and I have to say that there is audible noise when wanting to listen to them at louder levels. I am waiting for my Burson Audio Playmate to see how it handles the SR2.
Can anyone confirm the presence of noice?

Aug 20, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #78 of 915
Amazing stuffs George!!!

Thank you, and always happy to help!!

Thank you George, now I have to buy them, my wallet doesn't say ty ahahah XD

Really sorry about your wallet, that's always the welcome message here... :)

I have to admit that this is one of the few videos from you that I respect. It was good, although you didn't include any explanation behind your terms - but this is okay, especially considering that you have your own approach to reviews.

I have the SR2 too, and I have to say they are very much good. I have the EarMen TR-AMp driving them, and I have to say that there is audible noise when wanting to listen to them at louder levels. I am waiting for my Burson Audio Playmate to see how it handles the SR2.

I think it's the best stock table, and also the screw on 6.3 mm adapter is a very nice touch.
iBasso has been around for almost two decades, they never stopped focusing on quality. Pay attention to this company, they are not about any BS and are serious about their business.

Happy to provide fun videos!

I usually don't re-explain the terms in the videos, because I try to do that in the written reviews, I forget that they are not a welcoming material for newcomers :frowning2:

On the other hand, I will try improving my videos every time, to make better and better content and bring awesome for everyone! :)

iBasso is one of the very few companies that really didn't disappoint on a product so far. They really released products they were sure about, and usually solid products. Especially sonicsally

As for Burson Playmate vs Tr-AMP, I am not entirely sure which one would be better, in the entry level, K5PRO from FiiO may do, but it also has background noise (as long as you hear the one from TR-AMP)

Aug 20, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #79 of 915
Can anyone confirm the presence of noice?

If you take TR-AMP at almost maximum, it has some slight hiss, but only at max volume .

It is not present with DX120, DX220, DX160 or DX220 MAX (?)

I probably wouldn't listen to TR-AMP to max for long periods of time

There's no hiss / noise audible with AAdac from AAaudio, or Mytek Brooklyn DAC+.

Aug 20, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #82 of 915
I will be buying these sometime next week, liking the small amount reviews that have come out. Just need to wait on my refund for Elegias to come trough. Fingers crossed these are going to pair well with my LCD2s and I can finally stop searching for a bit. The LCD2s are amazing for Hip-Hop/EDM (Half of my music) but I need a really good detail/vocal sound for more critical listening sessions and the other half of my library.

I'll leave a nice detailed review when I get em :]

Aug 20, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #83 of 915
I will be buying these sometime next week, liking the small amount reviews that have come out. Just need to wait on my refund for Elegias to come trough. Fingers crossed these are going to pair well with my LCD2s and I can finally stop searching for a bit. The LCD2s are amazing for Hip-Hop/EDM (Half of my music) but I need a really good detail/vocal sound for more critical listening sessions and the other half of my library.

I have a feeling you'll love what you hear!

I also reviewd on video the Elear, should come in the next few weeks, but a little spoiler, they didn't manage to impress me as much as SR2 did :)

SR2 is legit a good can. I compliment my listening setup between SR2 and LSA HP-1 right now, HP-1 is lighter, brighter, more open, better when I want more treble. SR2 smoother, better lows and impact, more musical and more vocal :)

Aug 20, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #84 of 915
If you take TR-AMP at almost maximum, it has some slight hiss, but only at max volume .

It is not present with DX120, DX220, DX160 or DX220 MAX (?)

I probably wouldn't listen to TR-AMP to max for long periods of time

There's no hiss / noise audible with AAdac from AAaudio, or Mytek Brooklyn DAC+.
Umm...
At max volume? What is max volume on TR-Amp? The knob turned all the way up until it cannot turn? I'm pretty sure you would damage the headphones if you turned the knob of the TR-Amp to the max. That sounds insane.

There is not way you are turning them up past 12 o'clock. I am getting noticeable noise at 12 o'clock - if no music is playing, you will hear white noise in the headphone. If you cannot hear it, your hearing is either damaged, or it's my TR-Amp unit that's faulty. However, I don't think it's my unit. I had noise with Kbear TRI i3 too, but it's a planar-magnetic IEM, so it's normal.

George, give me more detailed answers. I need to figure out what's the problem.

Edit: I want to say that I am a loud listener to, and listening to the SR2 at max volume of TR-Amp doesn't sound real. I only push the TR-Amp to the max volumes with planar-magnetic headphones (like I did for the Hifiman Deva), but none of my dynamic driver headphones passed the 3 o'clock mark (on TR-Amp knob). So please clarify.
If anybody else has the TR-Amp and the iBasso SR2, help me out. The noise starts at around 11 o'clock I believe, and should be noticed by any ear at 12 o'clock. Do not play any music, just without music there will be noise. And, I am not talking about the noise you get when you turn the knob on the TR-Amp, just clarifying.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #85 of 915

I don’t think you’ll use the LCD much after getting these.

Aug 20, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #86 of 915
@Paul - iBasso Suggestion for you. Consider a "blackout" version. A great way to sell even more. Change all the silver parts to black, and offer a black cable. I've also heard a review say it had more mid bass than sub bass. It may be in part due to perforated drivers. Offering identical but non-perforated pads could improve the sub bass level to be on par with the mid bass levels on it. When I tested the SR-m sub bass had equal impact as mid bass. They had the non-perforated pads. So if a 2nd pair you put into a "blackout version" was non-perforated, or offered as an additional purchase it'd be great.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #87 of 915
Umm...
At max volume? What is max volume on TR-Amp? The knob turned all the way up until it cannot turn? I'm pretty sure you would damage the headphones if you turned the knob of the TR-Amp to the max. That sounds insane.

There is not way you are turning them up past 12 o'clock. I am getting noticeable noise at 12 o'clock - if no music is playing, you will hear white noise in the headphone. If you cannot hear it, your hearing is either damaged, or it's my TR-Amp unit that's faulty. However, I don't think it's my unit. I had noise with Kbear TRI i3 too, but it's a planar-magnetic IEM, so it's normal.

George, give me more detailed answers. I need to figure out what's the problem.

Edit: I want to say that I am a loud listener to, and listening to the SR2 at max volume of TR-Amp doesn't sound real. I only push the TR-Amp to the max volumes with planar-magnetic headphones (like I did for the Hifiman Deva), but none of my dynamic driver headphones passed the 3 o'clock mark (on TR-Amp knob). So please clarify.
If anybody else has the TR-Amp and the iBasso SR2, help me out. The noise starts at around 11 o'clock I believe, and should be noticed by any ear at 12 o'clock. Do not play any music, just without music there will be noise. And, I am not talking about the noise you get when you turn the knob on the TR-Amp, just clarifying.

Interesting

I can turn the TR-AMP to the max with Deva

With SR-2, I can go to 13-15 o'clock, I listen relaly loud, but some of my music is a bit quiet too.

Maybe there is a little issue with your particular unit of TR-AMP, I notice hissing with it with some BA-IEMs, but only close to the max, and only without music playing, usually around 12 o'clock nothing really doesn't hiss (?)

To clarify for those reading the thread, SR-2 is not particularly sensitive to hiss, we're talking about a TR-AMP issue here, this is not a SR-2 issue, I am quite confident no one will notice hiss with them in general (?)

Aug 21, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #88 of 915
More and more intrigued. Gonna add these to the potential list for my next phones. Also have the Aeon Flow 2 closed and open on the list, as well as the Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation. Can anyone state any comparisons-contrasts with any of these headphones?

Aug 21, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #89 of 915
Interesting

I can turn the TR-AMP to the max with Deva

With SR-2, I can go to 13-15 o'clock, I listen relaly loud, but some of my music is a bit quiet too.

Maybe there is a little issue with your particular unit of TR-AMP, I notice hissing with it with some BA-IEMs, but only close to the max, and only without music playing, usually around 12 o'clock nothing really doesn't hiss (?)

To clarify for those reading the thread, SR-2 is not particularly sensitive to hiss, we're talking about a TR-AMP issue here, this is not a SR-2 issue, I am quite confident no one will notice hiss with them in general (?)
Hm. Weird.

I can also turn the knob to the max with the Deva, but at some bass heavy tracks, the Deva starts to make a clicking sound at the bass notes. This can be an issue with Deva or with my unit of TR-Amp.

I can hear the hiss at 12 o'clock when the SR2 is plugged in. How can I confirm if the problem is with my unit of SR2 or with my unit of TR-Amp?
I think this is my largest concern, I want to be able to know where the problem is.

Aug 21, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #90 of 915
Hm. Weird.

I can also turn the knob to the max with the Deva, but at some bass heavy tracks, the Deva starts to make a clicking sound at the bass notes. This can be an issue with Deva or with my unit of TR-Amp.

I can hear the hiss at 12 o'clock when the SR2 is plugged in. How can I confirm if the problem is with my unit of SR2 or with my unit of TR-Amp?
I think this is my largest concern, I want to be able to know where the problem is.

The problem can only be at the DAC/AMP level, if a headphone is broken it doesn't hiss, it usually just doesn't play, or it distorts :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back