iBasso SR1 semi open Headphone. Limited production.
Oct 11, 2018 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,043
The SR1 over the ear semi open headphone has been released. This limited run new technology headphone has been designed to bring about the richness of musical enjoyment with quality of materials and design.

At 499 USD you are getting a headphone that competes at any level. With R&D of over 2 years, it is all about Enjoying the Music!

2.jpg
11.jpg

Attachments

•  ◊“≥.jpg
     ◊“≥.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 11, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #2 of 1,043
Having heard these at the New York show they are easily worth twice the price. Slightly warmer than the focal Utopia and not quite as open sounding they nevertheless presented very high quality image of the sound.

Oct 12, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #6 of 1,043
I have nothing to compare SR1 sound with: sticked with IEMs for past several years. Recently got Audeze Mobius from IGG campaign, but it is quite different beast: can't be used in passive mode.

I was very surprized how light SR1 are, and how comfortable they are. They are definitely made to relax and listen, and the sounds is tuned to relax while listening!

While I use IT04 from balanced output of DX200Cu at 70, high gain, SR1 from single output at 110, most probably, are slightly louder, but that's the level I started with. Also, they are semi-open, so that the amplifier works not only into my ears, meaning, it can't be directly compared with IEMs in impedance and sensivity numbers to numbers. I didn't miss anything in sound, so SR1 can be called easy to drive.

My congratulations, Paul! The Russian proverb says "the first pancake is always lumpy", but with your style of development (months or even years from demonstrated samples to the product), it seems, you eat all lumpy pancakes yourself, presenting only perfect result. This was with IT03 (your first IEMs) and now SR1!

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #8 of 1,043
Just ordered this one yesterday as it intrigued me, especially at that price. I believe it has already shipped, I will let you guys know what I think when it comes in.

Oct 12, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #9 of 1,043
Ordered just now, I’d already had a listen to these at the 2017 London CanJam and was impressed back then.
I had only popped back on the Sunday to pick up a cable and got chatting to Amy lol
@jamato8 suggested I have a listen to these prototype full size headphones and I’m glad he did. Thanks dude, hope yourself and Ibasso can make it back to London for next years CanJam. :smile_phones:

Oct 12, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #14 of 1,043
Based on photos, I cant' identify are those cups made of metal or plastic. Can someone clarify that?
Even having SR1 in hands, I'm curious as well! It can be well plated plastic or lightweight alloy, I'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back