iBasso SR1 semi open Headphone. Limited production.
Jan 19, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #710 of 1,043
I read on the web that SR1 has recessed mids. Do you agree?
I have the same problem on my Elear, so I'm scared about doing the jump.
I don't know who said that but they must have been listening to something else or a system that is recessed in the mids. They are very well balanced and the mids do justice to voice, male and female. No, IMO, they are not recessed in the mids. The Utopia are slightly recessed in the mids (but not anything that is negative) compared to the SR1.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #712 of 1,043
I don't know who said that but they must have been listening to something else or a system that is recessed in the mids. They are very well balanced and the mids do justice to voice, male and female. No, IMO, they are not recessed in the mids. The Utopia are slightly recessed in the mids (but not anything that is negative) compared to the SR1.

Agreed with @jamato8
Something is not right with their system. Besides mine is fine I love the SR1 interacts well with DX208TI and DX204STI and Mini Dynalo amp. :L3000:

Jan 19, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #713 of 1,043
Agreed with @jamato8
Something is not right with their system. Besides mine is fine I love the SR1 interacts well with DX208TI and DX204STI and Mini Dynalo amp. :L3000:

Totally agree with everything said

Jan 19, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #714 of 1,043
Reactive and strong positions guys. I will take my final decision on Monday.

You won't regret it! If you end up buying them you have to buy the PT1 pads also. They are at the Ibasso website, this is very important. They will open the SR1 up without losing any dynamic.

The only bad thing about Ibasso is they have so many accessories and sooner or later you will end up buying most of them..:)

Jan 19, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #715 of 1,043
You won't regret it! If you end up buying them you have to buy the PT1 pads also. They are at the Ibasso website, this is very important. They will open the SR1 up without losing any dynamic.

The only bad thing about Ibasso is they have so many accessories and sooner or later you will end up buying most of them..:)

Ahahahah XD I already have some stuff made by iBasso, for example the CB12s that I will try with SR1 for sure. The pads will be a must have from what I read, so I will buy them too.
Where can I find the Mini Dynalo? Or where is the guide to build it?

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #716 of 1,043
I read on the web that SR1 has recessed mids. Do you agree?
I have the same problem on my Elear, so I'm scared about doing the jump.
Compared to something like hd650 sr1 can sound a bit on lower midrange. However compared to he560 sr1 has a lot beefier midrange. It comes down to what you prefer.. sr1 is kind of between all options. Which is great. Less tonality more authentic music reproduction.

Jan 19, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #718 of 1,043
@Glasha
You might also ask @Whitigir more details since he is really getting into it.

Uhm, these stuff, you just do it. There are no guides, and there are only discussions.

I would advise to buy GSX used or the GSX MKII. If you can pull it off, you would still have to wait for group buy or so

Jan 19, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #720 of 1,043
may I ask where you ordered a mmcx to XLR cable? I need one myself

It was a XLR to hd800 cable I bought last year, but no use.

Before, I try coper and silver plated of other brand then bought later one.
But PW5 is completely blind buy.
It sound warm and center centric imagine compare to standard cable.
Yesterday DIY the pin to mmcx.
Eidolic pin is near perection size as in pic. The gap is less than 0.1mm (on right side it is even more tight, still rotate by hand ok).
I think it is very stable connecting and always keeping at center of by the support of cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Back