iBasso PB3 Mockingbird Portable Balanced Headphone Amplifier
Jan 16, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #18 of 249
I've got a quick unboxing of the iBasso PB3 near the end of my most recent video on YouTube. Before that, I go over the gear I've got in the queue for early 2017. All in the usual lo-fi glory, lol!

I'll put up some unboxing pics later tonight, too...

Thanks for the video. Really looking forward to reading your views on how it sounds.

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #20 of 249
Jan 17, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #22 of 249
Do I? Prolly...

I need to put my desk back up to standing position at work. Much better for me!

So what's the band on the shirt in your avatar, bro? Looks black metal, but I'm on mobile and can't zoom in...
ABBA, Swedish Metal ☺

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #24 of 249
Jan 17, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #25 of 249
Jan 17, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #27 of 249
Don't have much time to play with it, and had been waiting for my balanced cable and it's finally here!

Before this I'm only running it on 3.5mm standard with dx90 mod, initial impression is very positive!
One thing is obvious, it has got good synergy with dx90, considering dx90 by itself has quite a good amp, therefore I never bothered to use my Sony pha1 for pairing as I hardly hear any improvement in sound,
whereas pb3 really takes the dx90 to another level in most department.
Will report back after I do some running on balanced!

Jan 17, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #29 of 249
Don't have much time to play with it, and had been waiting for my balanced cable and it's finally here!

Before this I'm only running it on 3.5mm standard with dx90 mod, initial impression is very positive!
One thing is obvious, it has got good synergy with dx90, considering dx90 by itself has quite a good amp, therefore I never bothered to use my Sony pha1 for pairing as I hardly hear any improvement in sound,
whereas pb3 really takes the dx90 to another level in most department.
Will report back after I do some running on balanced!

Glad someone else has PB3!

Just curious, have you heard iBasso D14?

Sexy amp!  Daayyyuumm!  You've got a lot of interesting toys to play with Nik!  Following..  ^__^

It was a birthday present to myself, along with Shanling UP. Looking forward to getting to know both!

:L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back