iBasso IT07 IEM, 7 Drivers. Release: Mid. November 2020
Mar 21, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #271 of 409
I am noticing one thing ... I have very often found myself looking for more details with many of my iems by turning up the volume. I don't know if the same happens to you, but with it07 I don't feel the need. Indeed very often I find myself, unknowingly, turning down the volume and finding many more details than with the normal sound level I usually listen to. Did the same happen to you? Why do you think?
Yes that happens when I listen to many of my IEM's. At lower volumes and if I'm in the right frame of mind I can pick out and enjoy all the micro-details in the music. I do consider myself to be a lower volume listener anyway as I worry about damaging my hearing during all day listening sessions in the office.

Mar 25, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #273 of 409
I also have the FD5 and I absolutely love it. I'm very curious to hear your impressions of both.
As promised I am writing to you my impressions on the comparison between it07 and fd5. I make two premises, the first is that I am not an expert but only a lover of music and everything that allows me to listen to it and the second that the fd5 does not have any kind of burnin (which I believe in). Let's start with the fact that they are both very balanced iem so not dark nor bright. What many people write about the peak in the fd5 tweeters I don't see it as a defect, but rather as a characteristic and so I won't waste time changing cables or looking for the tightest tip on the market :) to me they are fine as they are. The wow factor is in favor of the it07 for how they sound from the beginning while in favor of the fd5 for what they offer compared to the price. The details, which we all look for in abundance in all our iems, are not lacking in either of them but are presented in a different way. On the fd5 the details are more scattered and distant from each other, but very audible and distinct, while in the it07 they are more cohesive and close together. For example, the three-dimensionality, although present in both, is also proposed in a different way ... actually in the opposite sense ... and let me explain. In the it07 the soundstage makes us go towards the details ... even more minuscule, instead in the fd5 it is the exact opposite, from the details they present the soundstage. These are two ways of approaching listening, I don't know which one I prefer, they are just different (opposite). The fd5s are very analytical and will make you discover if your chain is of quality starting from the music recording and then moving on to the dap and finally also to the cable. The it07 instead will cover flaws with their personality, sometimes performing miracles. Is one worth three times the other? We all know the answer ... no. Is one better than the other? We all know the answer ... no. Good music everyone!

Mar 29, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #274 of 409
Will audition very soon...
1617040037432.png

Mar 29, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #275 of 409
Lovely IEM 🤩

Apr 10, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #277 of 409
Apr 10, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #278 of 409
Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #279 of 409
I'm looking at getting the IT07 or the Meze Rai Penta.

Has anyone ever compared the two?

Apr 14, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #280 of 409
I'm looking at getting the IT07 or the Meze Rai Penta.

Has anyone ever compared the two?

Yeah, i did. They got a different tonality. Penta more organic, IT07 a grander sound field, better Holographic presentation

Apr 15, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #282 of 409
Apr 15, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #284 of 409
In what ways, and to what degree does their tonality differ? Penta warmer?

Thanks
I'd say, a richer tone (Penta). If you're into vinyl, you know what i mean. They're not actually warm to my ears, using the dx300 & the dx229 as source.
They give off a really pleasant analog sound.
Whilst '07, the crispier pair. The main difference, a larger presentation on the'07, esp. Sound field Height...

Apr 15, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #285 of 409
If you like a touch of warmth on mids consider also Penon Volt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back