iBasso IT07 IEM, 7 Drivers. Release: Mid. November 2020
Jan 16, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #151 of 409
I'm thinking about getting a fairly high end IEM again, after recently having picked up the LZ A7 and Blessing 2 Dusk. Neither of them are pulling me away from my trusty ISN H40, and I want a big step up from that! So my thoughts are choosing between the IT07, Clairvoyance, and Penon Volt. I'm on the fence between those three (and bet I'd not go wrong with any of them).

I don’t have the Clairvoyance but just compared the Volt and IT07 in my review here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/penon-volt-est.24706/reviews#item-review-25131

pm me if you have any specific questions

Jan 16, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #152 of 409
Thanks for pointing me to your review... that really helps. I think I've added a fourth IEM to the consideration mix though, the Dunu Zen.

Between the Volt and IT07, which would you say has a "larger" vocal presence, and a grander sense of space? Those are two traits I just totally dig about the H40, and in spite of losing out somewhat on ultimate detail to the LZ A7, I find that I am preferring the H40's naturalness of tone, unconstrained vocals, and huge stage which has possibly the best height I've ever heard in an IEM (including the likes of the IER-Z1R).

Jan 16, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #153 of 409
I should receive the Zen sometime next week. I will respond with my thoughts after that. I sold my H40 almost 8 months ago so I don’t remember how it sounded anymore. I think I sold it because it had a slow and blunt bass clashing against fast and open sounding BAs. Also I could not get along with its timbre.

Jan 16, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #154 of 409
I'm thinking about getting a fairly high end IEM again, after recently having picked up the LZ A7 and Blessing 2 Dusk. Neither of them are pulling me away from my trusty ISN H40, and I want a big step up from that! So my thoughts are choosing between the IT07, Clairvoyance, and Penon Volt. I'm on the fence between those three (and bet I'd not go wrong with any of them).
As someone who was away from the hobby for years until this past summer, I am blown away by how many great options we have in the mid-priced (Generically, $600 - $1,000) segment now. Summit-fi in the IEM space has gotten crazy (YMMV, as always), but one can still get great IEMs without reaching that high, IMO.

Jan 16, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #155 of 409
Hi,

How do you find the sound from the IT07?

Thx

Whilst I appreciate very much your interest in my humble opinion, the fact is that I am burning them in for 200 hours first before I start any listening.
And of course finding out how to use the filters :sweat_smile:
So my impressions will certainly be coming (along with a full review), but just.. not yet.
Watch this space. Although preferably not if you're driving :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jan 16, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #156 of 409
Whilst I appreciate very much your interest in my humble opinion, the fact is that I am burning them in for 200 hours first before I start any listening.
And of course finding out how to use the filters :sweat_smile:
So my impressions will certainly be coming (along with a full review), but just.. not yet.
Watch this space. Although preferably not if you're driving :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Thanks, I wiil 🙂

Jan 16, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #157 of 409
As someone who was away from the hobby for years until this past summer, I am blown away by how many great options we have in the mid-priced (Generically, $600 - $1,000) segment now. Summit-fi in the IEM space has gotten crazy (YMMV, as always), but one can still get great IEMs without reaching that high, IMO.

Yeah, that's what I'm gathering as well. The budget level is improving massively too! The sound quality at both levels is helping to bury any desire for me to explore the mutli-thousand dollar pricepoint thankfully!

Jan 16, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #158 of 409
Yeah, that's what I'm gathering as well. The budget level is improving massively too! The sound quality at both levels is helping to bury any desire for me to explore the mutli-thousand dollar pricepoint thankfully!
Very true! Top of my list right now are the IT07 and the Zen. While I’m also still interested in the Z1R and u12t, that’s as far price wise that I am interested in. I can honestly say that I really don’t have interest in anything above $2000, not that I have anything against such TOTL IEMs.

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #159 of 409
First review in 2021 goes to iBasso IT07. I don't normally say this but the IT07 is world class and it can hold its own against more expensive flagship IEMs. Didn't manage to cover all the comparisons with other flagship hybrid IEMs but all I can say is it is that good to challenge on all fronts. The best part is its price and relatively speaking, extremely reasonable. A winner. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! Happy New Year. :)

iBasso IT07 Review

photo_2020-12-24_10-56-03.jpg

Great Review @audio123 I appreciated very much comparison with Solaris 2020 and it's difficoult to chose between IT07 and Solaris 2020 even if IT07 cost less.
We wait your new "RED" iem review, make a sense compare it with Solaris 2020 and IT07 or Tansio Mirai TMSR-10/zodiac?

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #160 of 409
IT07 in my ears now — Wow!

Never heard Phil so well-represented from an IEM (St. Stephen — 2/18/71)

Comparing vs IT04, both simultaneously out of Hugo2go. It’s like two different mixes — tonally and spatially. Comparing 04 & 07 is like comparing HE-560 & HEKse in more ways than one: tonality, headstage, refinement.

It’s interesting to speculate which mix is ‘correct’.

I mean should that track sound like it was played and mixed in a sound booth, or like it was mixed to sound like it was played and mixed in a studio (convoluted much)? By which I mean, in part that the 07 headstage seems more natural, while 04 sounds more spacey/ethereal. They’re both quite spacious and appealing, each in its own way.

Or, how prominent should the bass be in the mix? Or those high-pitched percussion instruments, how loud? and more hollow- or solid-sounding?

But other stuff is quantitatively better from the 07. The quality of a run of plucked bass notes, or Van Morrison’s voice on Sweet Thing, really all vocals. And qualitatively, that sense of refinement which touches the whole signature, up-and-down the freq spectrum, all instruments, all voices, coupled with a more coherent headstage, just an irrefutable sense of ‘better’. 560 vs HEK goes the same. Not saying 04 (or 560) are bad — they’re not.

I look forward to seeing how tough a battle 03 puts up.

Jan 22, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #161 of 409
Listened to the IT07 on my train commute to work and home. I did not feel the need to change to another IEM....(I had an extra two in my case)..... which is usually a good aign.

i did switch to final audio tips in the afternoon for a deeper insertion but will probably go back to the stock tips

Jan 22, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #162 of 409
... I look forward to seeing how tough a battle 03 puts up.
Interesting, IT03 mids seem quite deficient compared to ’07. Jerry Garcia’s voice sounds thin and nasal by comparison (Uncle John’s Band - Workingman’s Dead, Friend of the Devil - Dead Set). Of course there are those who say his voice is thin and nasal :) But I prefer the warmth the ‘07 adds.

And still there’s that sense of ‘better’ — bass timbre & texture, the ‘liquid’ quality of Jerry’s guitar (again from Friend of the Devil).

I guess I would call the ‘07 sound ‘richer’. Mids come up, but neither highs nor lows suffer as a result. In particular, I would call 07 bass every bit as powerful as 03 bass, perhaps a bit more. London Grammer Hey Now has some sort of synth bass which reaches very low — I literally feel my frontal sinuses vibrating along with that track.

Nick Drake’s Hazey Jane1 from Bryter Later features some sort of ‘rolling’ percussion. Just as prominent from 03 vs 07. But more well-defined from 07. 07 tonality is ‘further’ from 03 than from 04 — primarily in the mids. On Hazey Jane 1, the strings come up a lot on 07 vs 03. And his guitar is fuller and more present.

Headstage is another dramatic difference. I actually think the 03 headstage is more coherent & natural than that of 04. But it has a distant quality, and there’s a sense of ‘music-in-a-barrel’. Conversely the 07 headstage actually approaches the ‘That Instrument, Right There!’ precision of the Utopia headstage.

Jan 22, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #163 of 409
I’ve (relatively) recently trialed both CA Andromeda and Solaris SE. In both cases, I moved the CA IEMs on because they didn’t seem to be significant upgrades to IT04.

No such disappointment from IT07. Definitely keepers.

I guess I’m just an IBasso fanboy :)

Still keeping my Vegas for now though.

Jan 22, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #164 of 409
Interesting, IT03 mids seem quite deficient compared to ’07. Jerry Garcia’s voice sounds thin and nasal by comparison (Uncle John’s Band - Workingman’s Dead, Friend of the Devil - Dead Set). Of course there are those who say his voice is thin and nasal :) But I prefer the warmth the ‘07 adds.

And still there’s that sense of ‘better’ — bass timbre & texture, the ‘liquid’ quality of Jerry’s guitar (again from Friend of the Devil).

I guess I would call the ‘07 sound ‘richer’. Mids come up, but neither highs nor lows suffer as a result. In particular, I would call 07 bass every bit as powerful as 03 bass, perhaps a bit more. London Grammer Hey Now has some sort of synth bass which reaches very low — I literally feel my frontal sinuses vibrating along with that track.

Nick Drake’s Hazey Jane1 from Bryter Later features some sort of ‘rolling’ percussion. Just as prominent from 03 vs 07. But more well-defined from 07. 07 tonality is ‘further’ from 03 than from 04 — primarily in the mids. On Hazey Jane 1, the strings come up a lot on 07 vs 03. And his guitar is fuller and more present.

Headstage is another dramatic difference. I actually think the 03 headstage is more coherent & natural than that of 04. But it has a distant quality, and there’s a sense of ‘music-in-a-barrel’. Conversely the 07 headstage actually approaches the ‘That Instrument, Right There!’ precision of the Utopia headstage.
Thanks for your insight. I have the IT04 and maybe I will upgrade to IT07 if there is a real and substancial "improvement".

Jan 22, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #165 of 409

An excellent description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back