iBasso IT07 IEM, 7 Drivers. Release: Mid. November 2020
Dec 9, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #76 of 409
hello,
about the nozzle/grill, does it use a cloth filter or just metal grill?
I'm worried about moisture issue with cloth filter,

thank you,

Dec 9, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #78 of 409
Looking forward to some reviews. If positive enough, my OG Solaris will be put on the market!

Dec 9, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #79 of 409
I havent yet but I have a feeling it will have a slight effect on treble more so than the rest of the tuning. Will try them out tonight and let ya'll know.

No rush, just curious

Dec 9, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #80 of 409
I had tried the filters once and didn't find the difference between white, gold and silver so striking. When then only very fine nuances. I still use the silver filters.

I also mentioned it in my early first impressions post: " It does come with 3 sets of replaceable mesh guard screens like in other iBasso IEMs, but here the mesh has a different opening density which is visible under the light, and it does affect the sound. From a default Silver (the most open mesh) to Black the change is more subtle and then more noticeable going to Gold (least open mesh) and results in sub-bass going up and getting thicker and mids/vocals going down and being less focused, from silver to gold the signature changes from more w-shaped to more L-shaped."

I kept it at silver filter, my favorite.

Dec 9, 2020 at 11:01 PM Post #81 of 409
I also mentioned it in my early first impressions post: " It does come with 3 sets of replaceable mesh guard screens like in other iBasso IEMs, but here the mesh has a different opening density which is visible under the light, and it does affect the sound. From a default Silver (the most open mesh) to Black the change is more subtle and then more noticeable going to Gold (least open mesh) and results in sub-bass going up and getting thicker and mids/vocals going down and being less focused, from silver to gold the signature changes from more w-shaped to more L-shaped."

I kept it at silver filter, my favorite.
comparison with Meze Rai Penta?
mainly listen to metal songs,
thank you,

Dec 10, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #82 of 409
Trying out the gold filters. Seems the black ones are somewhere between the silver default and the gold ones. So it turns into more of a bass oriented phone. The more dense filter seem to have a closed vent effect which affects the bass end. This somewhat restricts the great mid range and open sounding silver filter. I think most will like the stock filter the best but this is a cool option for folks that want a bit more bass and warmth to the sound for when out an about.

Being outdoors drowns out bass the most so there is an actual use case scenario with these filters. Silvers for relaxed listening in doors. Gold for outdoors or you can throw on the black ones for a middle ground of both. Gold does seem to take on a more warmer tone due to ample bass and it seems to be filtering out a bit of the treble end as well.

Well I found the first source of complaint on the IT07. These filters are a bit smaller than actual nozzle filters by LZ for example which is much more easier to screw in and out. They provide a big plate where you screw on the filters for safe keeping. Aesthetically it is premium looking. Function wise. If you have sausage fingers. Forgetaboutit. Your gonna have a tough time screwing these little filters in and out of the plate. I dont have sausage fingers per se but it was not easy taking these filters in and out.

They should have just provided a straight metal block imo. For folks getting these you will understand once you get em.
1607579292761.png

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #83 of 409
Did my isolation test on the IT07. These have crazy good isolation. The build of the IT07 is so dense and packed with them drivers it seems to isolate better than most Resin built IEMs. If I was to put a number on it I am thinking around 28-30dbs of isolation. Above average for certain. These would make for perfect commute IEMs. Once the world gets vaccinated that is.

The build of the IT07 shells are quite genius. Instead of making the housing bigger /wider as you would figure that would be the case with more drivers per housing vs the IT04. They made the back end of the earphones protrude out vs making the housing wider. It is a bit more bulkier but the end results is the IT07 is actually more ergonomic and even more comfortable vs the older IT04.

So while the earphones stick out of the ears a bit/ no sleeping with these. The trade off is these have all the space the housing needs to incorporate 7 drivers with great comfort throwing out a bigger spacious sound.

1607629647726.png

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #84 of 409
@Dsnuts Reecho Insects Awaken does the same for me, it’s the most comfy iem ever dressed🤩

Dec 13, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #85 of 409
Kindly dont forget to put ier M9 in the comparison list!

Dec 15, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #86 of 409
1C9DEB1A-A9B3-4C2F-981B-4A38C0F8BC7C.jpeg
23EDDECF-8E36-4E83-B5F6-2AD7C804903A.jpeg
B3A58E09-3DB9-4A2C-9B86-898CF6E1A33C.jpeg
3A94E8E2-E5E3-4151-938D-C2100D0C69D7.jpeg

unnamed (1).jpg

What a stunning presentation both visually and sonically!

Of all of the earphones I’ve tried recently, the IT07 has been the biggest eye-opener, delivering clarity and resolution unlike anything else I’ve heard lately. It effortlessly produces extremely nuanced and refined sound and the atmosphere of a recorded place within the entire frequency range, complete with fantastic instrumental separation, forward projection and imaging.

I do believe that the best Hi-Fi component is one that does its job so well, you don’t even know it’s there, and IT07 gets you there so effortlessly. This thing simply fades away, leaving only the music and I am sitting here speechless.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #88 of 409
1C9DEB1A-A9B3-4C2F-981B-4A38C0F8BC7C.jpeg23EDDECF-8E36-4E83-B5F6-2AD7C804903A.jpegB3A58E09-3DB9-4A2C-9B86-898CF6E1A33C.jpeg3A94E8E2-E5E3-4151-938D-C2100D0C69D7.jpeg32C0B672-585E-44C6-95BD-ED0200EF686A.jpeg
What a stunning presentation both visually and sonically!

Of all of the earphones I’ve tried recently, the IT07 has been the biggest eye-opener, delivering clarity and resolution unlike anything else I’ve heard lately. It effortlessly produces extremely nuanced and refined sound and the atmosphere of a recorded place within the entire frequency range, complete with fantastic instrument separation, forward projection and imaging.

I do believe that the best Hi-Fi component is one that does its job so well, you don’t even know it’s there, and IT07 gets you there so effortlessly. This thing simply fades away, leaving only the music and I am sitting here speechless.
You just raved about the Volt in the other thread, saying everything else sounds unnatural. Which one do you prefer?

Dec 15, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #89 of 409
You just raved about the Volt in the other thread, saying everything else sounds unnatural. Which one do you prefer?

Hey, I just got the IT07 about 4 hours ago. Volt is definitely denser and richer sounding whereas IT07 is more transparent and dimensional sounding. Will need more time to compare, but IT07 might edge out the Volt in terms of classical music that I listen to 80-90% time. Volt is still preferable when I listen to anything vocal centric.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #90 of 409
Hey, I just got the IT07 about 4 hours ago. Volt is definitely denser and richer sounding whereas IT07 is more transparent and accurate sounding. Will need more time to compare, but IT07 might edge out the Volt in terms of classical music that I listen to 80-90% time. Volt is still preferable when I listen to anything vocal centric.
So natural is not accurate? I you don't mind me asking. I will be interested in your comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back