iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Jul 17, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #856 of 1,733
I ordered them last week from iBasso, but I don't know where they are since the tracking is not updating :/
I ordered the blue and Paul told me it was backorder for a week

I asked for the silver version and it got to me within a few days. I'm in the US.

Jul 17, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #858 of 1,733
I ordered the Silver version, they shipped it, but the tracking is not updating, I'm pretty sure my earphones will be in my ears within this week though :wink:
Fulfillment for me was very quick -- ordered on Friday (Saturday their time) received on following Wednesday. And shipping to me in my small, remote Oregon town usually takes an extra day.

Apparently I got the last in-stock Blue :gs1000smile:

Jul 18, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #860 of 1,733
So I have to say fellas. The IT04 and a pure silver cable is about as good as it gets for me. I am just loving the resolution out of the IT04.

If at any point of your IT04 fandom you want to become even more of a fan. Get yourself a nice silver cable is all I am gonna say!

Just stupendous sounding.
What exact cable are you using?

A big part of why I'm justifying the it04 for myself is the stock cable.... If I don't LOVE the it04 the stock cable is still very good.

Jul 18, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #861 of 1,733
I have no issues with the stock cable. One of the better ones.

@Dsnuts which silver cable are you using?

Jul 18, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #862 of 1,733
Just got to try out the IT04.

20180718_192020.jpg

Really enjoyed the soundstage and instrument separation. If only it had more crunch and a more solid edge in the bass and mids then it'd be a no brainer for me.

Jul 18, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #863 of 1,733
Just got to try out the IT04. If only it had more crunch and a more solid edge in the bass and mids then it'd be a no brainer for me.

Hey there! Just curious, but what DAP were you using? And if DX200/150, which AMP unit?

It occurs to me that you might still be able to get the things you want, by choosing an appropriate pairing for the DAP/AMP unit (and possibly cable) :)

Jul 18, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #864 of 1,733
Hey there! Just curious, but what DAP were you using? And if DX200/150, which AMP unit?

It occurs to me that you might still be able to get the things you want, by choosing an appropriate pairing for the DAP/AMP unit (and possibly cable) :)
I was using the Opus 1 metal. Granted, its a little warm so perhaps it would be perfect if I had used my N5ii.

Jul 18, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #865 of 1,733
To add, I'm still experimenting around with AMP units and I need to try some different tips, as the seal I'm getting with my wide bore Symbio tips isn't staying in place well enough.
With a less than perfect seal, I'm finding the bass and the overall fullness of the sound decreases noticeably.

I'm going to try with the included foam tips, and anything else I can think of.
I need to do some more specific A/B testing, but my impression thus far is that the bass presence on these is not emphasised in the way that it is on the IT01 or IT03.
It's a more balanced signature, but also feels more like stepping up into the realm of TOTL sound.

Jul 18, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #866 of 1,733
That's.... Intriguing. As a new Andromeda owner, I absolutely positively would have thought you mixed up the it04 and Andromeda in your comparison.

So you're saying the $500 it04 is more revealing, has better separation and a wider soundstage than the $1100, world renowned, Andromeda? That's a bold claim....
Personally, I absolutely do not like the Andromedas or any campfire audio iem (jupiter, polaris, etc) because of their tuning. Mids are too muddy for me.

Jul 18, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #867 of 1,733
How would the it04 compare with the Shure SE846 and the Audio Technica ATH-E70? Wondering if I should just enjoy those two that I already have, or pick up the it04s...
Haven't heard the E70 but the IT04s absolutely trump the Shure in terms of soundstage and clarity.

Jul 18, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #868 of 1,733
What exact cable are you using?

A big part of why I'm justifying the it04 for myself is the stock cable.... If I don't LOVE the it04 the stock cable is still very good.

I have no issues with the stock cable. One of the better ones.

@Dsnuts which silver cable are you using?

Nothing wrong with the stock cable. I honestly believe it is better than 99% of stock cables out on the market if not the best included cable for any earphone I have ever purchased. I am using that cable on my Fiio FH5. However believe me when I say the sonics on the IT04 can actually improve with silver. I will PM you guys and let you know what I am using. There is a reason for this.

Just got to try out the IT04.

Really enjoyed the soundstage and instrument separation. If only it had more crunch and a more solid edge in the bass and mids then it'd be a no brainer for me.

Try out the N5ii with the IT04 better yet with a silver cable it is astounding.

Jul 18, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #869 of 1,733
By the way the Fiio FH5 is a solid earphone for the price but they aren't the IT04. I have nothing in my possesion that is as refined as the IT04 actually.

FH5 has an engaging full bodied sound but the IT04 has the better sound balancing and every region of sound has better definition with a wider stage as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back