iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Nov 30, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #1,711 of 1,733
I am surprised that the IT07 had such an under the radar launch. No dedicated thread for them or chatter about them. I for one can't wait to get my set. Will report here once I get them.

Nov 30, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #1,712 of 1,733
I am surprised that the IT07 had such an under the radar launch. No dedicated thread for them or chatter about them. I for one can't wait to get my set. Will report here once I get them.

Thank you for the reminder. I have started a thread now. :^)

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 30, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #1,714 of 1,733
Jan 11, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #1,716 of 1,733
So, read this thread start to finish, and am slightly worried about my purchase decision seeing how discussion really fell off mid 2019... But...

I have been searching for a set of IEMs which didn't disappoint; honestly, this has been a passive hunt for years, including
Sennheiser ie80 - never did anything for me, but i didnt hate them.
Campfire Audio Nova - I was excited to own these, and I loved the look, but the sound did not match. Sold them shortly after buying them
Audeze iSine10 - Man.. i LOVE my LCD-2, and had such high hopes for these. But every time i try using them, its disappointment city. Thin, grindy sound, absolutely unenjoyable to listen to.

All that said however, i kept on the hunt, and recently ran across these. The reviews here and elsewhere sounded good, and the price on amazon was hard to resist ($350 for the silver). They finally got here (after two shipping delays), and love them so far. As i said, i am afraid i made a wrong decision given how the conversation on these guys literally died off, but so far, they impress me. Using the stock foam tips (not ready to pony up the extra $20 for comply foam tips yet), and the sound is what i hoped to find in a portable... full size headphone quality, in a portable package. Nothing about it screams out that it is lacking, and the sound feels rich and full.

I think my only complaint right now, is that the upper parts of my ears (where the "hooks" put pressure) feel sore after a bit, but i suspect that is just due to me not being used to IEMs in general..

Jan 11, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #1,717 of 1,733
So, read this thread start to finish, and am slightly worried about my purchase decision seeing how discussion really fell off mid 2019... But...

I have been searching for a set of IEMs which didn't disappoint; honestly, this has been a passive hunt for years, including
Campfire Audio Nova - I was excited to own these, and I loved the look, but the sound did not match. Sold them shortly after buying them
Audeze iSine10 - Man.. i LOVE my LCD-2, and had such high hopes for these. But every time i try using them, its disappointment city. Thin, grindy sound, absolutely unenjoyable to listen to.

All that said however, i kept on the hunt, and recently ran across these. The reviews here and elsewhere sounded good, and the price on amazon was hard to resist ($350 for the silver). They finally got here (after two shipping delays), and love them so far. As i said, i am afraid i made a wrong decision given how the conversation on these guys literally died off, but so far, they impress me. Using the stock foam tips (not ready to pony up the extra $20 for comply foam tips yet), and the sound is what i hoped to find in a portable... full size headphone quality, in a portable package. Nothing about it screams out that it is lacking, and the sound feels rich and full.

I think my only complaint right now, is that the upper parts of my ears (where the "hooks" put pressure) feel sore after a bit, but i suspect that is just due to me not being used to IEMs in general..
The "in ear" range of Audeze is REALLY bad without using the cipher cable or a parametric equaliser. The isine and LCD-i are all untuned transducers otherwise.

You can readjust the hooks by gently heating them with a hairdryer then adjusting them to a shape that fits your ears better.

Jan 11, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #1,718 of 1,733
The "in ear" range of Audeze is REALLY bad without using the cipher cable or a parametric equaliser. The isine and LCD-i are all untuned transducers otherwise.

You can readjust the hooks by gently heating them with a hairdryer then adjusting them to a shape that fits your ears better.
Oh, i used para eq.. it gave a slight improvement in a way, but made them sound worse in others - the sound felt very shallow and harsh. I just could not find any enjoyment in their sound regardless of what i did. I would have managed with the hooks, but the crap sound quality just killed it for me. And i dont use any apple stuff, so no point in trying to hunt down a cipher cable.

These 04's sound excellent without any EQ though.. not even sure if i will try tweaking it, or just leave it as is...

Jan 11, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #1,719 of 1,733
Oh, i used para eq.. it gave a slight improvement in a way, but made them sound worse in others - the sound felt very shallow and harsh. I just could not find any enjoyment in their sound regardless of what i did. I would have managed with the hooks, but the crap sound quality just killed it for me. And i dont use any apple stuff, so no point in trying to hunt down a cipher cable.

These 04's sound excellent without any EQ though.. not even sure if i will try tweaking it, or just leave it as is...
You EQed it manually?

There are specific parametric EQ profiles that replicate the effect of the cipher cable that you need to use. You can find them in the isine thread.

Jan 11, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #1,720 of 1,733

I use them regularly. They are great.

Jan 12, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #1,721 of 1,733
You EQed it manually?

There are specific parametric EQ profiles that replicate the effect of the cipher cable that you need to use. You can find them in the isine thread.

Ironically, i was the dude that started the thread... :wink:.. indeed i used the para eq recommended (using UAPP on my LG V20/AR M2), and no matter what, was still disappointed. They truly felt like hot garbage before EQ, but to ME, the EQ still couldn't save it.

I use them regularly. They are great.

Glad to hear there are still happy users out there. It was rather baffling (reading from the start) to see the energy in the thread, only for it to basically die and go nowhere. And aside from a few cosmetic complaints, no one seemed to hate the phones, so i couldn't figure out why. Either way, no complaints at all for $350 (probably wouldn't have any complaints for $500...)

Jan 12, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #1,722 of 1,733
Ironically, i was the dude that started the thread... :wink:.. indeed i used the para eq recommended (using UAPP on my LG V20/AR M2), and no matter what, was still disappointed. They truly felt like hot garbage before EQ, but to ME, the EQ still couldn't save it.

Glad to hear there are still happy users out there. It was rather baffling (reading from the start) to see the energy in the thread, only for it to basically die and go nowhere. And aside from a few cosmetic complaints, no one seemed to hate the phones, so i couldn't figure out why. Either way, no complaints at all for $350 (probably wouldn't have any complaints for $500...)

We were too busy 'enjoying the music', haha
IT04 still sounding great, no one needs to worry about that (in my humble opinion) :wink:

Jan 12, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #1,724 of 1,733
I having been enjoying mine IT04 for some time mow. I rarely eq them. Sound great with no DSP.
I run them balanced with my HiBi R6 Pro.
Same portable rig here -- definitely ++

Slightly different, but equally compelling from my Cowon Plenue 2 Mark II

Which leads to the obvious question ... will I like IT07 are even better? upgraditis strikes again!

Jan 12, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #1,725 of 1,733
Same portable rig here -- definitely ++

Slightly different, but equally compelling from my Cowon Plenue 2 Mark II

Which leads to the obvious question ... will I like IT07 are even better? upgraditis strikes again!
The IT07 are among the best IEMs I have heard and have the largest soundstage of any IEM I have heard. Very layered and expansive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back