iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Oct 22, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #1,606 of 1,733
That sounds like it’s gonna get worse. I had a pair of LZA2 triple hybrids that lost bass sound in one side. I had flexed the Dynamic driver from ripping them outta my ears too quick. I fixed the problem by blowing a quick burst of breath in through the nozzle of the iem with my mouth. Sounds crazy but it worked. If that didn’t work send them in to ibasso for repair.

Oct 22, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #1,609 of 1,733
i believe driver flex is normal occurrence and does not affect or destroy iems. correct me if im wrong. coz i remember my previous it01 suffers heavily from driver flex since day 1 but iv used it for more than a year
Such a relieved to hear that, it is just the rustling sound when inserting is causing me the unease feeling :D I tried blow through the nozzle but the problems weren’t solved, I will try burn-in with pink noise tonight to see if anything improve

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #1,610 of 1,733
Hi everyone,

Recently found another good cable pairing for all those who cable roll with the IT 04...Penon Orbit.

Subjectively & personally, better synergy (Source Dependant) than CB 13 which is perhaps still my favourite cable pairing I own with IT 04.

Have a listen for yourself & decide whether you think so too.

Hope everyone has a great day !

Oct 31, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #1,611 of 1,733
...found another good cable pairing for all those who cable roll with the IT 04...Penon Orbit.

Subjectively & personally, better synergy (Source Dependant) than CB 13 which is perhaps still my favourite cable pairing I own with IT 04...
Could you add a few words describing what you prefer about this pairing?

Thanks.

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #1,612 of 1,733
Could you add a few words describing what you prefer about this pairing?

Thanks.

Hi @LCMusicLover,

A little hard to describe as it is more a feeling in the way I precieve sound, if you search the thread for my previous posts on the CB 13 paired with IT 04, I have posted several threads about this a while back but some highlights :

Feelings Invoked, not just or necessarily emotion...
Staging & imaging is expanded while still gives an intimate feel & presence over CB 12 stock cable, this transfers to different IEMs with similar tuning to IT 04 as well...
Increased sense of clarity & presence overall which comes across clearly in the mids & mid highs blending well into the highs, with some height though height is track dependant...
Good, robust bass response a hair over natural though this is track dependant but overall is still tight & well extended.

Penon Orbit With IT 04 :
Pretty much the same as CB 13 but better natural height & imaging with a still natural but slightly tighter bass response.

As an interesting side note, Sony IER M7 cable is somewhere in between CB 13 & Penon Orbit.

Hope this makes sense, feel free to ask more if you need.

Hope you have a great day !

Nov 3, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #1,614 of 1,733
I have heard almost nothing about it except for the briefest of mentions by Paul that it is in development.
If there's been no public posts by iBasso about it recently, then that probably means it's 3-6 months away or more.
Nothing is certain of course, but that would fit the previous patterns of marketing and release behaviour.
Good things come to those who wait :)

Nov 25, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #1,617 of 1,733
I am considering purchasing this (2nd though) and use directly with my iPhone X (iTunes purchases, Spotify premium). Can the iPhone utilise enough the IT04? Thanks.
It is fairly easy to drive, I just need 60% Vol of my 6s+. The dongle might be better than the built-in DAC in 6s+ but I think you need like an ES100 :D Sound from iPhone is pretty poor.

Nov 25, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #1,618 of 1,733
It is fairly easy to drive, I just need 60% Vol of my 6s+. The dongle might be better than the built-in DAC in 6s+ but I think you need like an ES100 :D Sound from iPhone is pretty poor.

Thanks man. What are the chances of two Hanoians quoting each other on an international forum
Mình thấy có người bán IT04 2nd 5,5tr trên chợ 2nd. Đúng lúc con tai Astell&Kern Billie Jean đang bị tịt một bên. Theo như giải thích của shop thì bảo là bị cong driver hay sao đó, bây giờ không sửa nổi do phải đặt driver riêng từ hãng (khả năng là không hãng nào làm như thế này?). Trong trường hợp chịu chết thì có thu được gì từ xác tai không bác nhỉ?

Nov 25, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #1,619 of 1,733
Thanks man. What are the chances of two Hanoians quoting each other on an international forum
Mình thấy có người bán IT04 2nd 5,5tr trên chợ 2nd. Đúng lúc con tai Astell&Kern Billie Jean đang bị tịt một bên. Theo như giải thích của shop thì bảo là bị cong driver hay sao đó, bây giờ không sửa nổi do phải đặt driver riêng từ hãng (khả năng là không hãng nào làm như thế này?). Trong trường hợp chịu chết thì có thu được gì từ xác tai không bác nhỉ?

Haha, there are many Vietnamese here :D
For the VNese part : Billie Jean là 2 BA mỗi bên mà BA cũng bị cong driver hả bác @@ Em chưa bị tịt con tai nào nên không biết, chắc rao bán 1 bên tai cùng dây và 1 đống phụ kiện hoặc để lại làm kỉ niệm thôi ợ @@ Chắc tai hết bảo hành rồi chứ không thì bệnh đấy phải bảo hành chứ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back