iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Apr 26, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #302 of 1,733
I'd budgeted my it04 for April, and I can't just have that money sit around!

If they push back the date any further, I'll have to find something new to buy, and that scares me....
Same here, I have the money budgeted and I'm ready to push the order button when it appears on the website.
My birthday is coming in a few weeks, I was hoping to give me a nice present with the IT04.

Please give us the expected release date ("before summer" is a very broad period...).

Apr 26, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #303 of 1,733
Same here, I have the money budgeted and I'm ready to push the order button when it appears on the website.
My birthday is coming in a few weeks, I was hoping to give me a nice present with the IT04.

Please give us the expected release date ("before summer" is a very broad period...).

Hi, just to help you out here, that information is not going to be forthcoming I'm afraid :p
iBasso's modus operandi is to only release a product when (to the best of their knowledge) it is free of all defects, the manufacturers are totally ready, the tuning is perfected, everything necessary is in stock and so forth. Industry in general has many sad cases where products are rushed to market to satisfy customer demand, only to lose massive amounts of goodwill and reputation due to quality control issues, unexpected delays and so forth.

@Paul - iBasso has said many times that in the past he's stated a deadline, only to have it turn around and bite him in the posterior :p
So his new policy is straightforward and honest; when a product is ready for sale, he tells us.
Usually with a little bit of notice. And any efforts by myself or any others to elicit such information ahead of time are politely deflected.
I'm as excited about the IT04 as anyone, but it'll be ready when it's ready and I'll only know it's ready, when it's ready :wink:

All in all, I think this is a more mature and sensible approach by iBasso, even if it's frustrating sometimes :)

Apr 26, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #304 of 1,733
I understand and I think you are right: it is possibly frustrating, but it is a better policy in reality.
It is better to wait a little longer but be sure that the product is actually ready for sale, rather than receiving a bad product.

I hope the IT04 will be ready soon, I'm really looking forward to that after all the reviews I read. I'll try to keep the money there in the meantime :grimacing:

Apr 26, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #305 of 1,733
I understand and I think you are right: it is possibly frustrating, but it is a better policy in reality.
It is better to wait a little longer but be sure that the product is actually ready for sale, rather than receiving a bad product.

I hope the IT04 will be ready soon, I'm really looking forward to that after all the reviews I read. I'll try to keep the money there in the meantime :grimacing:

Yes, you and me both :D

Apr 26, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #306 of 1,733
Patience, folks. Good things are worth the wait. Curious to see how these would penetrate the market. It's a good stepping stone into the realm of TOTL iems. I've not forgotten the amount of headstage these IEMs gave. They're so close to feeling like open-backs!

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Apr 27, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #307 of 1,733
So when will the review tour line start? I'd sign up.

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #308 of 1,733
We are working on it. It is the plan to have them out before summer but whenever I make a date it bites me. We want the IT04 out as much as everyone wants them. We are trying.

Hi Paul,

Just take your time to make sure it's right & keep up the good work.

Have a great day !

May 1, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #311 of 1,733
If the policy was not to announce the product until it is ready, why was it Paul who announced the product on Feb 24 by starting the thread? My guess is they thought they had it ready to go or very nearly so, and hit a snag after the 2/24 start of this thread that pushed them back. Seems they tried to play both sides, they want the hype that comes from an early announcement but don't want to commit to a deadline. Do us all a favor and don't bait the field and then wonder why animals are lining up.

May 2, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #313 of 1,733
From the pictures I see online I understand they will come in two colours, Black/blue and Black/Gray?

May 3, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #314 of 1,733
Hi Paul,

Just take your time to make sure it's right & keep up the good work.

Have a great day !
We are working on it. I don't think anyone wants an IEM that doesn't meet their expectations.

edited. :relaxed:

Last edited:
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back