iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Aug 31, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #3,031 of 3,079
Hello Paul, I am really surprised to be saying this but the cable has some issues. When I position it in certain ways I can hear both of my earplugs but once it falls off from that position one of the ear drivers just cuts off. Is there some possible way to fix this or did I just pull the short straw as usual :D Would be very grateful if you give me some advice on what to do as I really was enjoying the earplugs - for the first time ever!

Aug 31, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #3,032 of 3,079
Hello Paul, I am really surprised to be saying this but the cable has some issues. When I position it in certain ways I can hear both of my earplugs but once it falls off from that position one of the ear drivers just cuts off. Is there some possible way to fix this or did I just pull the short straw as usual :D Would be very grateful if you give me some advice on what to do as I really was enjoying the earplugs - for the first time ever!
Have you tried any other cable with the IT01? This problem is right at the plug and when it is positioned so there is sound on the right and left, as long as you don't move the plug, you get sound continually? What about when you wiggle the plug but don't rotate it?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 31, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #3,033 of 3,079
Have you tried any other cable with the IT01? This problem is right at the plug and when it is positioned so there is sound on the right and left, as long as you don't move the plug, you get sound continually? What about when you wiggle the plug but don't rotate it?
Well the cable spot that joins the plug and the cable doesn't have any issues when being rotaded or anything but let me give you an example - whenever I put the earplugs in my ears the way they're supposed to be there's no sound to one of the plugs ( can't remember which one was it right now since I haven't used them in weeks but I think it was the right ). However, when I take the cable away from my ear and rotate it exactly 180 degrees so basically not going over my ear but freely in the air there is sound and again - at very specific positions. Moving around or just moving the cable away from the position it is working in the sound completely cuts off to the plug.
Edit: I haven't tried any other cables as I have none that are of this type :s

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #3,034 of 3,079
Well the cable spot that joins the plug and the cable doesn't have any issues when being rotaded or anything but let me give you an example - whenever I put the earplugs in my ears the way they're supposed to be there's no sound to one of the plugs ( can't remember which one was it right now since I haven't used them in weeks but I think it was the right ). However, when I take the cable away from my ear and rotate it exactly 180 degrees so basically not going over my ear but freely in the air there is sound and again - at very specific positions. Moving around or just moving the cable away from the position it is working in the sound completely cuts off to the plug.
Edit: I haven't tried any other cables as I have none that are of this type :s
So it is the MMCX at the IEM and not the plug that goes into your dap or source for the sound. Is that correct?

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #3,035 of 3,079
So it is the MMCX at the IEM and not the plug that goes into your dap or source for the sound. Is that correct?
Yeah it's the detachable cable that I plug into the earplugs that gives me this cut out upon moving it. Everything else works absolutely fine, as far as I know.

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #3,036 of 3,079
Yeah it's the detachable cable that I plug into the earplugs that gives me this cut out upon moving it. Everything else works absolutely fine, as far as I know.
Please email me at paul@ibasso.com with the warranty card and invoice.

Sep 1, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #3,038 of 3,079
Hi guys. As I've been using my IT01 every day for about a year, I've noticed the cable, which is still good, is not quite as supple or straight as it was, or what I mean is that it's formed some wavy kinks mostly at the part of the cable between the movable metal ring and the iems. I want the cable to lie flatter and stay away from touching my face. Has anyone else's cable done this?

I'm not saying it's unique to ibasso, I'm sure this happens on all cables. I've got mine hanging from a hook to see if it will help straighten it out.

Sep 1, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #3,039 of 3,079
Hi guys. As I've been using my IT01 every day for about a year, I've noticed the cable, which is still good, is not quite as supple or straight as it was, or what I mean is that it's formed some wavy kinks mostly at the part of the cable between the movable metal ring and the iems. I want the cable to lie flatter and stay away from touching my face. Has anyone else's cable done this?

I'm not saying it's unique to ibasso, I'm sure this happens on all cables. I've got mine hanging from a hook to see if it will help straighten it out.

You could try using a hair dryer at low to medium heat... carefully... do not do it too close to the ear pieces.

Sep 1, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #3,040 of 3,079
You could try using a hair dryer at low to medium heat... carefully... do not do it too close to the ear pieces.

Interesting, I'll try that. I guess the idea is that the heat will soften the cable?

Sep 1, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #3,041 of 3,079
Interesting, I'll try that. I guess the idea is that the heat will soften the cable?

Yes.. hopefully. I would clean it first in case there are body oils on it.

People use that method on cables with pre-formed ear hooks if the shape is too tight or needs to angle a little differently.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #3,042 of 3,079

My IT01 cable also is NOT so soft like it was but I think it is due to having it used with cold weather, after that it isn`t so soft/flexible anymore. I think KPE cable is WAY better in every way and so far it hasn`t reacted to temperature change :wink:

Sep 6, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #3,043 of 3,079
Hello guys,
As i think that without grills they do the best..
Anyone using themij that way? With the holes open?
And did you put some material in order to cover the holes from earwax?

Sep 13, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #3,044 of 3,079
As i think that without grills they do the best..
Anyone using themij that way? With the holes open?
I do. I regularly clean my ears before using IEM for listening session.
If You are afraid, then just use some very thin but strong enough nylon fabric installed over nozzle and just use tips to "lock" them in place.

Oct 31, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #3,045 of 3,079
The left side keeps cutting out and it appears to be due to the gorgeous IT01 cable as cheaper cables do the job. Has anyone been able to fix a broken mmcx cable? I can imagine maybe using tweezers to reshape it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back