iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Jun 5, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #3,001 of 3,079
I had a loose MMCX and when I removed the left IEM from the connection and reinserted it, my cable prong broke off and one of the prongs on my left IEM broke as well. :triportsad: Sent an e-mail to Paul hoping it can be warrantied, they are only 7 months old, my third pair.

Edit: Great customer service and quick response from Paul@iBasso. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #3,002 of 3,079
I had a loose MMCX and when I removed the left IEM from the connection and reinserted it, my cable prong broke off and one of the prongs on my left IEM broke as well. :triportsad: Sent an e-mail to Paul hoping it can be warrantied, they are only 7 months old, my third pair.

Edit: Great customer service and quick response from Paul@iBasso. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Man, I love seeing the issues getting solved by quickly by responsible companies, it took less than an hour for you to get it sorted out, really happy to see iBasso standing strong behind their products :)

Jun 8, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #3,003 of 3,079
I just got a new pair, and these ones seems to have some sort of driver flex issue or something.
There's usual flex sound while inserting them, but they sound a little muffled, unless I push them in further with my fingers, and then they sound much fuller, but as soon as I let go off the fingers, they again come back to that muffled sound, both left and right.
I have tried spiral dots, RHA bi-flange tips, and the large grey stock eartips, all with same issue. It seems like an angle issue or either something is getting blocked. Anyone else facing this?

Jun 8, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #3,004 of 3,079
I just got a new pair, and these ones seems to have some sort of driver flex issue or something.
There's usual flex sound while inserting them, but they sound a little muffled, unless I push them in further with my fingers, and then they sound much fuller, but as soon as I let go off the fingers, they again come back to that muffled sound, both left and right.
I have tried spiral dots, RHA bi-flange tips, and the large grey stock eartips, all with same issue. It seems like an angle issue or either something is getting blocked. Anyone else facing this?
Does the nozzle screw off? I always insert at an angle so the air goes by the tip and then seat them.

Jun 9, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #3,005 of 3,079
Does the nozzle screw off? I always insert at an angle so the air goes by the tip and then seat them.

Yes, it's the new one. My old ones had the non removable screen design, and they never had this problem. Also I feel, the nozzle is a little thicker than the previous version, as these are putting a little more pressure on my ear walls with the same tips.
I tried inserting at an angle, but still the sound gets muffled. If this is a design flaw, then even RMA wouldn't solve it I think. And sending them back isn't exactly very cheap from here.

Jun 9, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #3,006 of 3,079
Hi guys, I've had the ibasso IT-01 for quite a while now and I've been absolutely loving them however I think I might have f'ed them up.. First of all, I regularly clean my foam tips with wet wipes right - well they foam is refusing to stay shrunk at this point. Is there a way to fix this ? I have previously never owned foam tipped earplugs so I had no idea that water, or well wet-ness in general, makes the foam refuse to shrink after a while. Second of all is very related to my first problem - since I clean them regularly the last time I did it I think I might have clogged the nozzles. Mine are the ones that are removable and I switched the left and right ones - well it did turn out to be the problem in the nozzle. The issue is that the "clogged" nozzle just sounds deafened a little bit, like everything is toned down through another layer of isolation. Tried to air blow it for quite a bit but it doesn't seem to have worked .. anyone have any solutions to my problems?

Jun 9, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #3,007 of 3,079
Hi guys, I've had the ibasso IT-01 for quite a while now and I've been absolutely loving them however I think I might have f'ed them up.. First of all, I regularly clean my foam tips with wet wipes right - well they foam is refusing to stay shrunk at this point. Is there a way to fix this ? I have previously never owned foam tipped earplugs so I had no idea that water, or well wet-ness in general, makes the foam refuse to shrink after a while. Second of all is very related to my first problem - since I clean them regularly the last time I did it I think I might have clogged the nozzles. Mine are the ones that are removable and I switched the left and right ones - well it did turn out to be the problem in the nozzle. The issue is that the "clogged" nozzle just sounds deafened a little bit, like everything is toned down through another layer of isolation. Tried to air blow it for quite a bit but it doesn't seem to have worked .. anyone have any solutions to my problems?
Easy for both. Buy some more foam tips, they don't last forever and for the screens, use some alcohol on a used tooth brush, preferably not your's but someone else's and clean it before you put it back (the tooth brush), and the wax will be gone on both!

Jun 9, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #3,008 of 3,079
Easy for both. Buy some more foam tips, they don't last forever and for the screens, use some alcohol on a used tooth brush, preferably not your's but someone else's and clean it before you put it back (the tooth brush), and the wax will be gone on both!
So you're saying I should dip a toothbrush in alcohol and brush the nozzles with it? Are you sure that's what I need to do? When I say they're clogged I am not sure if it's wax or water, I just know they sound as if they are.
As for the foams .. guess I'm buying new ones then :frowning2:

Jun 9, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #3,009 of 3,079
So you're saying I should dip a toothbrush in alcohol and brush the nozzles with it? Are you sure that's what I need to do? When I say they're clogged I am not sure if it's wax or water, I just know they sound as if they are.
As for the foams .. guess I'm buying new ones then :frowning2:
You brush the screens while using the alcohol on the brush. Very easy. Water? Hopefully not inside of the IT01. Just use some alcohol on the brush and clean the screens.

Jun 9, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #3,010 of 3,079
You brush the screens while using the alcohol on the brush. Very easy. Water? Hopefully not inside of the IT01. Just use some alcohol on the brush and clean the screens.
I don't think it's inside the drivers. I switched the nozzles as I said and the faulty one did switch the clogged sound to the other side. Guess I'll try brushing the nozzles's surface with an alcohol dipped toothbrush. Thanks for the advice!

Jun 12, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #3,013 of 3,079
Come one, a toothbrush is like less than 50 cents, just get one for IEMs :)

Maybe an extra soft one like for a baby. Some IEMs come with a little brush.

Jun 13, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #3,014 of 3,079
I really have to give a shout-out to @Paul - iBasso, who went beyond the call of duty on a recent warranty. Great customer service and standing behind their products. As of yesterday I am officially saving up for advanced iBasso gear - perhaps IT03 or a DAP. Thanks Paul!

Jun 22, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #3,015 of 3,079
I don't think it's inside the drivers. I switched the nozzles as I said and the faulty one did switch the clogged sound to the other side. Guess I'll try brushing the nozzles's surface with an alcohol dipped toothbrush. Thanks for the advice!
Brushed the nozzles with alcohol (rakia in my case, gotta stay true to the slav in me) and it seems like it did work - I can hear sound the same way from both the nozzles. However, even after brusing the foam lightly with the alcohol-dipped toothbrush that had absolutely no effect - guess I'll have to buy new ones .. anyone have any recommendations ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back