iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Oct 1, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #2,686 of 3,079
I'm after a warm but analytical sound
Well depends on your preference, these are from good enough to very good. And from what I've read, Final e5000 are quite different from these.
L

Oct 1, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #2,687 of 3,079
Please help me with advise.

I listen only streaming sources(tidal ,Spotify) ,quality always 320kbs, and I listening about 90% from laptop ,and 10% phone(pixel2) . Level of loud is good, I don't need more volume, but on quality I thinking that it's not 100% that this iems can give me from my laptop.

Does I need an amp+dac for my goals? I want better quality but does dac+amp give me this boost of quality on streaming music on 320kbs? ? And if it's -yes, how good will be boost of quality?

I can't waste much money,so I looking at 100-200$ combo = oppo-ha2 , xduoo xd-05, fiio e-10k.

Thanks!!

Hi @Rozzko,

Honestly, depending on your needs & budget, it's up to you if you think a amp+dac will help &/or add anything more.
It certainly wouldn't hurt though I am curious about your laptop specs, particularly audio chip &/or codec used if you seem fine with things so far.

Whether you notice any real change given your source is mainly streaming services is difficult to say as everyone hears things differently.
Oppo HA 2 is the only one from the list you mentioned I own.

Though if you're don't want to spend too much to start, I suggest Lexicon Alpha, a good usb conputer interface from the pro audio side for as little as $ 50 USD though pro audio places might offer it for cheaper.
This would be probably a better lower cost alternative as most of your listening is done at your computer.

Let me know how it goes, feel free to PM me so to not derail this thread.

Hope you have a great day !

Oct 1, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #2,692 of 3,079
guys what do you think is ibasso it01 still best under 100 bucks iem or are there other iems ... btw which source are you all using with this iem ....

Oh, and regarding source: the IT01 should sound good with any source, although if it hisses, the IT01 will pick it up. If you have a tube amp, try the IT01 with it. I really, really like the IT01 with the Phatlab Phantasy.

Oct 6, 2018 at 11:24 PM Post #2,694 of 3,079
How do you remove the cable from the IT01s? It was easy pushing them on, but it doesn't seem like brut force is a good idea to pull it off.

Oct 7, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #2,695 of 3,079
holymoly... I haven`t listened KoRn - Follow The Leader album loooooong time (I think it was before getting into modding and hi-fi)... today transported it (EAC) into my modded DX50 and pushed play while using IT01 (modded)... and... I`m amaaaazed what I`ve been missing on this album! Especially the tight,cruncy,deep slapping punchy bass and clean detailed weighty guitar riffs, without disturbing eachother... added clean punchy defined detailed drums. '
KoRn - It`s ON! ;P I`m blown away! Wow....

Oct 7, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #2,696 of 3,079
How do you remove the cable from the IT01s? It was easy pushing them on, but it doesn't seem like brut force is a good idea to pull it off.
You can wedge a thin edge between the shell and the MMCX connector and it should separate. Some people have also used their fingernails on each side but I don't like doing that. A thin edge should work.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 7, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #2,697 of 3,079
Hi guys,

I currently have a KZ ED9, KZ ZSR and TY HI-Z 32ohm. I mainly listen to songs and video through my phone/laptop through youtube or spotify.

I'm wondering if I would be able to appreciate and hear the difference in sound quality if I were to get this Ibasso IT01? since I didn't use a dedicate DAC/AMP or DAP for listening.

I'm just hesitating cause I can't return it after I buy it and If i don't really hear an improvement, it is 100 usd down the drain which is alot of money for me as a student.

Oct 7, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #2,698 of 3,079
Hi guys,
I currently have a KZ ED9, KZ ZSR and TY HI-Z 32ohm. I mainly listen to songs and video through my phone/laptop through youtube or spotify.
I'm wondering if I would be able to appreciate and hear the difference in sound quality if I were to get this Ibasso IT01? since I didn't use a dedicate DAC/AMP or DAP for listening.
I'm just hesitating cause I can't return it after I buy it and If i don't really hear an improvement, it is 100 usd down the drain which is alot of money for me as a student.
While I can say that You`ll probably hear difference in SQ, it is not much from such typical sources.
If I were You, I would get DAP/DAC or portable mini-DAC for mobile/laptop before moving to pricier level than KZ mainstream IEMs. SuperDAC, dragonfly etc.
It`s all in the source. You can`t squeeze out much improvement when Your source/file quality is foundation to everything You hear.
But even if You get iBasso IT01, You won`t be disappointed.

Oct 7, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #2,699 of 3,079
While I can say that You`ll probably hear difference in SQ, it is not much from such typical sources.
If I were You, I would get DAP/DAC or portable mini-DAC for mobile/laptop before moving to pricier level than KZ mainstream IEMs. SuperDAC, dragonfly etc.
It`s all in the source. You can`t squeeze out much improvement when Your source/file quality is foundation to everything You hear.
But even if You get iBasso IT01, You won`t be disappointed.
If i buy a cheapo DAC/AMP such as the Zishan Z2, connected to laptop/phone, but only use youtube to play the files, will i still hear a difference?

Oct 7, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #2,700 of 3,079
If i buy a cheapo DAC/AMP such as the Zishan Z2, connected to laptop/phone, but only use youtube to play the files, will i still hear a difference?
Well... before You jump into one certain choice, I suggest You to make some points to Yourself and ask help from other threads meant for that:
* What type/genre of music You listen? Not much help from brightish/neutral source if You are mainly into bass-heavy genres/music.
* What kind of sound siganture You prefer? Neutral, warm, bright, something inbetween?
* How much is Your price limit? Often jumping on cheaper gear doesn`t justify spending less than Your limit and lot depends on needs/functionality.
* What kind of gear are You using or planning to use with DAC/DAP? This is about gear matchup (impedance, amping need, sound signature matchup etc.)

There can be more questions...
Anyway, better think through what You really want and need and will serve You longer time than jump on something based on emotion/others "praise".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back