iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Aug 7, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #2,567 of 3,079
I keep hearing good things about them but I have a feeling all silicon tips will cause itchiness? Also they aren't sold in Canada so expensive to order from overseas

Do you wash the silicone tips before using them? I expect there are chemicals still on them from the factory. Just like washing clothes when they are brand new... get the factory chemicals off of them. Also don't put them in dry. Some people suggest a little olive oil or mineral oil... not much! Or wet your figure with some water (not saliva) and rub them a bit. I cannot try a whole bunch of tips in one day or do a/b comparisons between iems because taking them in and out over and over will irritate my ears. If that happens I can only wear headphones or use speakers for a couple of days.

Aug 7, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #2,568 of 3,079
Do you wash the silicone tips before using them? I expect there are chemicals still on them from the factory. Just like washing clothes when they are brand new... get the factory chemicals off of them. Also don't put them in dry. Some people suggest a little olive oil or mineral oil... not much! Or wet your figure with some water (not saliva) and rub them a bit. I cannot try a whole bunch of tips in one day or do a/b comparisons between iems because taking them in and out over and over will irritate my ears. If that happens I can only wear headphones or use speakers for a couple of days.

Good idea

Aug 7, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #2,569 of 3,079
I keep hearing good things about them but I have a feeling all silicon tips will cause itchiness? Also they aren't sold in Canada so expensive to order from overseas

Your mileage may very, but I've found that some silicone tips are irritating and some are not. I've had good luck with the spiral dots and also with spinfits. If those are easier to get for you, that might be worth a try as well, but they may not sound as good if you like wide bore tips.

Aug 7, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #2,570 of 3,079
I've had these for a while and I'm on the fence. Overall the sound signature is up my alley but a little warmer than I like... That's fine.

These sound the best with the silicon wide bore tips but those make me itchy. The foam tips included and complys fit very well and is comfortable but they kill the bass extension and treble extension. Ruins the sound signature for me. So I'm stuck picking between itchy ears or subpar sound.

Same here, the original wide bore tips with the earphones made my ears itch like hell. The itching was caused due to the angle of insertion of these earphones, it's angled upward, so the bottom part of the tip used to scrape against my ear, causing the itch. Using these bi-flange tips helped the issue alot, though sometimes they also touch the lower ears at certain angles, causing the itch.
z2xMsAm.jpg

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #2,571 of 3,079
Same here, the original wide bore tips with the earphones made my ears itch like hell. The itching was caused due to the angle of insertion of these earphones, it's angled upward, so the bottom part of the tip used to scrape against my ear, causing the itch. Using these bi-flange tips helped the issue alot, though sometimes they also touch the lower ears at certain angles, causing the itch.
z2xMsAm.jpg
After using widebore tips, both stock & Tenmarks, I've given these doubleflange tips a go. They're more like a medium bore but soundstage seems a lot more extended especially in depth and I'm rediscovering a new IEM. I always found the IT01 to have less soundstage than my KZ ZS5 so I'm a happy camper right now.

However, fit is finicky and I cannot move an inch as the effect varies greatly with fit of course, making it sound thin..:D
Does anyone know of double or triple flange tips with a wider bore? I'd love to give those a try.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #2,572 of 3,079
z2xMsAm.jpg
These are my go to tips as well, haven't tried any after market ones yet....yet.

Aug 12, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #2,573 of 3,079
Probably due to the fact that Balanced output gives you more power, but I doubt that it could give you a full upgrade over the entire frequency response and make it sound like a completely different IEM tbh.....
Thinking same. Read about upgrading to balanced but first of all didn`t want to leave my DX5X soundwise and secondly it would cost me a lot to find such sound signature in new DAP with balanced option. Additionally to that, my modded DX5X give out A LOT of power per channel ;P
Before upgrading to balanced cable, I also recommend to re-terminate original cable with better jack and mmcx. Though latter isn`t maybe required.
After using widebore tips, both stock & Tenmarks, I've given these doubleflange tips a go. They're more like a medium bore but soundstage seems a lot more extended especially in depth and I'm rediscovering a new IEM. I always found the IT01 to have less soundstage than my KZ ZS5 so I'm a happy camper right now.
However, fit is finicky and I cannot move an inch as the effect varies greatly with fit of course, making it sound thin.
Does anyone know of double or triple flange tips with a wider bore? I'd love to give those a try.
You should try these tips with "lock-rings" that I`m using with my modded IT01:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-P...33fb-4c9f-8095-b7c84ea2f671&priceBeautifyAB=0
Alternatively You could try also these wide bore long stem tips but these probably will fit for ppl with small ears and ear-canals with deep fit like I have and use:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...429.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.9abf4c4dto224P

But my first link is better bet and along with nozzle grills removal (yes it makes SQ better imho due to no double-mesh (nylon+metal).
For tips "locking" You can use some old generic tips stem cut to proper length (note that I think it shouldn`t be whole length of IT01 nozzle because about half length gives You better fit with those HS-930i tips and add littlebit air chamber size)).
Additional benefit could be achieved only opening up IT01 shells and making proper reflection/pressure/absorption "piston" behind driver venting hole :wink:
Still loving my modded IT01 very very much.... hope it lasts.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #2,574 of 3,079
I still find that using the medium wide bore grey tips work the best for me. Have tried other brands and types but they just seem to give me the best response in highs, mids and low frequencies for the IT01. Can't beat them for the price. I also like them balanced, the soundstage is a little wider, bass hits harder but even in single ended, no complaints.

Aug 18, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #2,575 of 3,079
Looking for 100$ in-ear - still didn't decide if this still a good deal since there are a couple of new options to consider like:
Massdrop Mee Planamic (Still on production - but planar on in-ear are quite interesting)
V-sonic Gr07 detachable (Vsonic is known for their hi-fi at a low price)
TFZ KING II (Really new version)

I lost this week my RHA MA750 after three years of heavy use with a replacement from them in the middle (Best Customer service).

I saw they have sales - but still, the sound quality is great but not as other in-ear at the same price.
Durability, Warranty, fun sound tune, and comfort are the main features that I'm looking.
Let's say after looking at IT01 cable I feel ashamed of my RHA cable.

Aug 18, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #2,576 of 3,079
Looking for 100$ in-ear - still didn't decide if this still a good deal since there are a couple of new options to consider like:
Massdrop Mee Planamic (Still on production - but planar on in-ear are quite interesting)
V-sonic Gr07 detachable (Vsonic is known for their hi-fi at a low price)
TFZ KING II (Really new version)

I lost this week my RHA MA750 after three years of heavy use with a replacement from them in the middle (Best Customer service).

I saw they have sales - but still, the sound quality is great but not as other in-ear at the same price.
Durability, Warranty, fun sound tune, and comfort are the main features that I'm looking.
Let's say after looking at IT01 cable I feel ashamed of my RHA cable.
Dunu dn-1000 is the best if you want v shaped

Aug 19, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #2,578 of 3,079
Yes, the IT01 is superb. I have a pair of Vsonic VS3DS which sound great and I used all the time until one ear connection broke. Thst happened on two pairs of VSD3S, their build quality isn't great. The IT01 are considerably better, much fuller sounding due to better mids. I don't know what the GR07 sounds like but I suspect not as good or probably no better than the IT01. IT01 also looks nicer and of course has the better cable.

Aug 19, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #2,579 of 3,079
Yes, the IT01 is superb. I have a pair of Vsonic VS3DS which sound great and I used all the time until one ear connection broke. Thst happened on two pairs of VSD3S, their build quality isn't great. The IT01 are considerably better, much fuller sounding due to better mids. I don't know what the GR07 sounds like but I suspect not as good or probably no better than the IT01. IT01 also looks nicer and of course has the better cable.
People say that it is hard to disconnect them, is that true?
Because people say that the connector can break after few disconnects.

Aug 19, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #2,580 of 3,079
People say that it is hard to disconnect them, is that true?
Because people say that the connector can break after few disconnects.

It is hard to pull off but there are some tricks to it. You have to get your nails in between the connector and iem and it should pop right off easily. If your nails aren't long enough you need something thin and sturdy and kinda wedge it in between.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back