iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Dec 14, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #376 of 3,079
D6EAEC3E-192D-475D-B5EB-322789714F45.jpeg

Just a shot. Working on my IT01 review

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #377 of 3,079
Guys, what tips are you all using to get the good fit and sound?
I'm using spinfits which give great sound. Better for me than comply tips. But I need comply for isolation too.
Any suggestions for any other tips that can help me achieve good sound and isolation too?

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #378 of 3,079
Guys, what tips are you all using to get the good fit and sound?
I'm using spinfits which give great sound. Better for me than comply tips. But I need comply for isolation too.
Any suggestions for any other tips that can help me achieve good sound and isolation too?
Mandarines Symbio Wide Bore. Think these are my tips going forward, period.

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #379 of 3,079
Could you post a link from where I could buy them? That'd help a lot.
I listen to a lot of Progressive rock, metal, psychedelic, post rock and instrumentals. So don't want to compromise on the separation and detailing but do want good isolation as well.

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #381 of 3,079

Just a shot. Working on my IT01 review
Nice image. Listening to the IT01 with the DX200 or the WM1Z. Great sound and very even frequencies with wonderful mids and just a slight bass bump after they are burned in and the driver limbers up. These go way above their price point. I wouldn't even compare them to other monitors in the same price range but ones costing much more. I am surprised by the cable also, very flexible and basically no microphonics.

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #383 of 3,079

I haven't heard them but I think that this is safe to say anyways. In the past, I've seen multiple ATH E40 and Shure se215 comparisons with trading blows (se215 is seriously outplayed by much much cheaper IEMs today). If those comparisons have any truth to it, then IT01 is miles and miles ahead in every way.

Dec 14, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #385 of 3,079
I haven't heard them but I think that this is safe to say anyways. In the past, I've seen multiple ATH E40 and Shure se215 comparisons with trading blows (se215 is seriously outplayed by much much cheaper IEMs today). If those comparisons have any truth to it, then IT01 is miles and miles ahead in every way.

Thanks ☺️

Will do :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #386 of 3,079

That's a 5-year difference in age. If the ATH E40 (2016) compares to the SE215 (2011) only then yes, it's gonna be miles away from the IT01.

*correct me if I'm wrong with the years

Dec 14, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #387 of 3,079

Don't have the E40 but I do have a bunch of other Audio Technica earphones. I suppose the closest to the E40 would be my CKR9 or CKR10. To me the closest the IT01 comes to these are the tuning on the CKR9. Gonna say with better stage width and depth, better imaging for certain and sounds more refined in general over the CKR9. Better bass extension and texture. Will go toe to toe with any Audio technica earphone/ headphone I own including my IM03, Which I can guarantee is a better phone than your E40 sonicaly

I am very certain once you get the IT01. You will change your pic. lol. I can't recommend a phone more than the IT01 right now. It is awesome sauce and everyone must figure out how to get these bad boys in balanced cause it is amaze ballz in balanced.

Yes that means you will have to spend the money for a new balanced cable. How much you want to spend is up to you. You think your IT01 sounds good in single mode? Mines sound better :ksc75smile:

Dec 14, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #389 of 3,079
Question about the fit - I had to let go of the IT03 as the "lock" pinched when in place and I couldn't wear it for more than 30 minutes. Is the "lock" (or whatever the correct term is) similar/same on the IT01?
They are shaped differently. I can't see anyone having issues with the fit but who knows. Anyway, you can see by the images that they are really pretty neutral and yet stay in place well.

Dec 14, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #390 of 3,079
Don't have the E40 but I do have a bunch of other Audio Technica earphones. I suppose the closest to the E40 would be my CKR9 or CKR10. To me the closest the IT01 comes to these are the tuning on the CKR9. Gonna say with better stage width and depth, better imaging for certain and sounds more refined in general over the CKR9. Better bass extension and texture. Will go toe to toe with any Audio technica earphone/ headphone I own including my IM03, Which I can guarantee is a better phone than your E40 sonicaly

I am very certain once you get the IT01. You will change your pic. lol. I can't recommend a phone more than the IT01 right now. It is awesome sauce and everyone must figure out how to get these bad boys in balanced cause it is amaze ballz in balanced.

Yes that means you will have to spend the money for a new balanced cable. How much you want to spend is up to you. You think your IT01 sounds good in single mode? Mines sound better :ksc75smile:

They are absolutely remarkable... no hyperbole. Out of all the drivers I've ever had (and I've had many, most of which were full-sized), the IT01 might be in my top 3, overall. I can't image how good the IT04 will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back