iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Dec 12, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #361 of 3,079
IT01 has almost no driver flex actually - all Dynamic Driver IEMs need to be inserted slowly, except for fully open designs - IT01 is one of the happiest ones, almost no flex.

It is true that is you insert them quickly, they flex a bit, but inserting a BA quickly can cause serious pain, and I had at least a few IEMs that have considerably more flex.

About flex and durability, I don't think it matters - ie800 has driver flex, but it held up well to the test of time

(Sorry for going off topic)
But IE800 had no driver flex for me and they are designed to have none - one of the rear vents is connected to the front chamber via a tunnel of sorts, it acts as a front vent which removes pressure when inserting them. Could it be that you were covering that vent with a finger when inserting them and that caused flex?

Dec 12, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #362 of 3,079
There may have been a misunderstanding. We have not had any recall of the IT01. There have been no malfunctions or problems with the IT01.
Sorry, I just used the words they used, good to know of no unit problems, I guess by "recalled" they meant something along the lines of "sold somwhere else". :wink:

So I guess I will wait for 3 more days to wait for them to be back in stock and hopefully ship to me along with the N3 before christmas.
I followed the thread and I trust that I like their sound and the build and cables look great.
You know how it is, you read about one great sounding, affordable IEM and soon you find yourself in a world of ever growing special headphones, really special, because they all sound better than the other. :ksc75smile:
I wanted to avoid that this time round by ordering quickly, but now that I have to wait...

Both, my KEF M200 and XBA-H3 had driver flex. Could that result in overnight driver death as I experienced with both ?

Greetings
Marc

Dec 12, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #363 of 3,079
(Sorry for going off topic)
But IE800 had no driver flex for me and they are designed to have none - one of the rear vents is connected to the front chamber via a tunnel of sorts, it acts as a front vent which removes pressure when inserting them. Could it be that you were covering that vent with a finger when inserting them and that caused flex?

Nope, that was not the issue. They simply have driver flex, and I had 3 pairs of them through the years, all of them have it.

IT is different from the typical flex, you feel the pressure, but the vent equalizes it. This doesn't mean that the vent stays open or that it doesn't cause pressure, it just equalizes it after a few seconds. Interesting design, still could be named a kind of flex.

This doesn't mean nothing to me tho - ie800 is still somewhere at the top of my listening preferences, never climbed down :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #364 of 3,079
Sorry, I just used the words they used, good to know of no unit problems, I guess by "recalled" they meant something along the lines of "sold somwhere else". :wink:

So I guess I will wait for 3 more days to wait for them to be back in stock and hopefully ship to me along with the N3 before christmas.
I followed the thread and I trust that I like their sound and the build and cables look great.
You know how it is, you read about one great sounding, affordable IEM and soon you find yourself in a world of ever growing special headphones, really special, because they all sound better than the other. :ksc75smile:
I wanted to avoid that this time round by ordering quickly, but now that I have to wait...

Both, my KEF M200 and XBA-H3 had driver flex. Could that result in overnight driver death as I experienced with both ?

Greetings
Marc

You sleep with your IEMs in your ears?

Dec 12, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #365 of 3,079
Glad to see your first post here, man. .......

Thank you @pr0b3r, I registered here back when I was looking for a Headphone DAC for my T90. Did I mention I love my T90 ? :L3000: lol

Sorry for pulling this thread so off topic.

I guess the N3 should have no problem driving the IT01 to a proper level, any experience on synergies would be most welcome.

Dec 12, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #366 of 3,079
You sleep with your IEMs in your ears?
No, with both it was very uncomfortable trying to lie on the side. You mean because they died overnight ? Lol, no but everything was completely fine both times, no problems at all when I put them down and when I picked them up some days later ( might have been weeks in case of the sony) one side was dead. Same happened to a friend of mine who took the plunge and bought the JVC-FX850 from Japan. Tough luck I guess.

Greetings
Marc

Dec 12, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #367 of 3,079
No, with both it was very uncomfortable trying to lie on the side. You mean because they died overnight ? Lol, no but everything was completely fine both times, no problems at all when I put them down and when I picked them up some days later ( might have been weeks in case of the sony) one side was dead. Same happened to a friend of mine who took the plunge and bought the JVC-FX850 from Japan. Tough luck I guess.

Greetings
Marc

I see...

Kinda sad to hear that happen...

I never had this happen on my with any IEM or headphone, so not sure what to say...

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #368 of 3,079
@divinefrog Hi there and welcome!
I own the IT01. Having detachable cables is a big plus, since they're often the first thing to break.

Regarding the quality, I recall reading a post from @Paul - iBasso where he was saying they used the best quality components they could get within their budget precisely in order to assure that they would not break easily or quickly. And correct me if I'm wrong Paul, but I believe he said they come with a 1 year warranty as well?
And if so, you won't need to worry about iBasso honouring in the unlikely event that anything did go wrong; their customer service is second to none.

I'm extremely happy with my IT01. My IT03 and Noble Katana have been gathering dust since I received the IT01. I can only imagine how good the IT04 are going to be :)

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #369 of 3,079
Listening to one of my newly acquired balanced cables on a well burned in IT01.

The IT01 was made for balanced out. The sound is all encompassing. These should not sound as good as they do for the price. Balanced brings a whole new dimension to the IT01. Fuller more dynamic sounding from end to end. That clarity and detail bodes extremely well for the IT01. Some earphones don't sound all that impressive in balanced mode but these will leave you slack jawed once you throw them on a proper balanced source.

I'll just borrow @Dsnuts comment from the discovery thread. I thought it needs to be here as well.

Dec 13, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #371 of 3,079
Single ended is excellent and actually give you a taste of what balance kinda sounds like. WIth an actual balanced cable. The IT01 goes hyper SQ. It is not for the faint of heart.

Oh yea. I would try it in balanced. You just might forget about your multi driver uber expensive iems.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #372 of 3,079
I agree tho, it is a really good IEM. I have not heard it in Balanced yet, but really not feeling the need to, with the amazing cable iBasso included for SE.

Same here. I have not felt the need to use them in balanced mode, though I've tried them already. I'm satisfied with how they sound coming from almost every source I have, even my smartphone. But they scale dramatically with a nice source especially from a nicely implemented balanced out.

Single ended is excellent and actually give you a taste of what balance kinda sounds like. WIth an actual balanced cable. The IT01 goes hyper SQ. It is not for the faint of heart.

Oh yea. I would try it in balanced. You just might forget about your multi driver uber expensive iems.

Luckily for me, I have the IT03 only and they're not uberly expensive. Haha! :grin:

Dec 13, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #373 of 3,079
Same here. I have not felt the need to use them in balanced mode, though I've tried them already. I'm satisfied with how they sound coming from almost every source I have, even my smartphone. But they scale dramatically with a nice source especially from a nicely implemented balanced out.

Luckily for me, I have the IT03 only and they're not uberly expensive. Haha! :grin:

Well, they sound mighty good with DX200 as a source :darthsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back