iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Dec 21, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #526 of 3,079
I'm not really surprised, my earlier thoughts are still the same. The IT01 still goes deeper and has more quantity than the CH9T
I actually agree and retract my earlier comment, IT01 has quite deep sub-bass, especially after I found right fit, tips and put some foam inside of the tips, DIY hybrids :wink: Obviously I cannot compare it to CH9T until my replacement unit arrives, but form the memory CH9T bass and sub-bass are a bit more precise, while IT01 is a bit warmer.

In other words and speaking technically (yet subjectively, of course), CH9T seems to react very quickly to transients, not changing ADSR (aka envelope) of LF sounds, so they hit a bit harder yet do not "reverberate", while IT01 seems not too have as fast transient response, this may and most likely will change with burn-in as many posters mentioned tidying up of bass over time. Also, IT01 seem to add harmonics to LF sounds (hence "warmer" bass and quantity), while CH9T just gives you pure fundamental, sounding somewhat colder, although this may be due to CH9T's scooped out mid-bass...

Anyway, to not to confuse things further my conclusion is: IT01 is DEFINITELY a keeper!

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #527 of 3,079
I actually agree and retract my earlier comment, IT01 has quite deep sub-bass, especially after I found right fit, tips and put some foam inside of the tips, DIY hybrids :wink: Obviously I cannot compare it to CH9T until my replacement unit arrives, but form the memory CH9T bass and sub-bass are a bit more precise, while IT01 is a bit warmer.

In other words and speaking technically (yet subjectively, of course), CH9T seems to react very quickly to transients, not changing ADSR (aka envelope) of LF sounds, so they hit a bit harder yet do not "reverberate", while IT01 seems not too have as fast transient response, this may and most likely will change with burn-in as many posters mentioned tidying up of bass over time. Also, IT01 seem to add harmonics to LF sounds (hence "warmer" bass and quantity), while CH9T just gives you pure fundamental, sounding somewhat colder, although this may be due to CH9T's scooped out mid-bass...

Anyway, to not to confuse things further my conclusion is: IT01 is DEFINITELY a keeper!

I have not tried to delve that deep technically, maybe I'm getting too carried away by the high enjoyment factor of the IT01. lol But since you mentioned it, I'm also hoping that the sound will only get tighter to have quicker transient response. On the other hand, the CH9T is known not only for its good attack and dynamics, it also adapts well into various sources without much compromises. Let's hope the IT01 can also achieve such qualities in the long run.

Dec 21, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #528 of 3,079
Does anyone know which Comply Foam Tips fit the IT01 as well as CH9T?

Comply website lists the 600 as compatible with CH9T, but they don't list IT01. They do list IT03, which calls for the 500 tips.

Thanks!

Dec 21, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #529 of 3,079

Comply website lists the 600 as compatible with CH9T, but they don't list IT01. They do list IT03, which calls for the 500 tips.

Thanks!

The IT01 is fairly new so I won't expect them to show up this early at their compatibility list. I have been looking to try the Symbio tips by MandarinEs. They have selections of wide and normal bore tips. I want to try the wide bore ones for my CH9T and IT01 but still can't find a reseller locally.

Dec 21, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #530 of 3,079
If anyone in the uk wants a bargain (or an excuse) amp3 have got two box opened it01's in stock for £50.87. Had box opened stuff from them before and can't tell the difference. Only downside is that you may now not get it before christmas. They are under the clearance section. Was tempted myself until I remembered that my mutant right ear doesn't like iems and so wouldn't fit me :frowning2: :)

aaaand they're gone! :D Thanks for the heads up @davidcotton
I will now expect them patiently, I hope FedEx will be fast enough

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #531 of 3,079
The IT01 is fairly new so I won't expect them to show up this early at their compatibility list. I have been looking to try the Symbio tips by MandarinEs. They have selections of wide and normal bore tips. I want to try the wide bore ones for my CH9T and IT01 but still can't find a reseller locally.

You can get the MadarinEs directly from the manufacturer here. I sent Paypal and he shipped in a week. His profile on here is: garcsa

Dec 21, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #532 of 3,079

Thanks!
I tried to reply to your Pm but the keyboard on my phone wouldn't pop up on the reply page, anyway....
The IT01s come with two pairs of foam tips as far as I know so those will get you started and you can check out the Bore size I think it should be around 5 to 7mm.
I like these and have been using them for a few years now, they are a little firmer and are not porous like a lot of the Comply tips I have used.
https://penonaudio.com/havi-foam-eartips.html?search=Havi

I've heard others say they like these. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072...m+ear+tips&dpPl=1&dpID=41Dz6aZBtJL&ref=plSrch
And these are a hybrid silicon with a foam core, they get great reviews but I haven't tried them myself yet.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/SYMBIO-W-Wid...s/122760360642?_mwBanner=1#vi__app-cvip-panel

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #533 of 3,079
You can get the MadarinEs directly from the manufacturer here. I sent Paypal and he shipped in a week. His profile on here is: garcsa
Any idea if the ones with normal bore size will fit (3,8mm) ?

Dec 21, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #534 of 3,079
IMG_20171221_182909616.jpg

Having a good time.

Dec 21, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #535 of 3,079
Any idea if the ones with normal bore size will fit (3,8mm) ?

I got both the small and large bore sizes. The inner sleeve is very flexible/stretchy and will fit just about any size nozzle, even the small will fit larger. But there is a difference in sonics between the two. The smaller had narrower soundstage and emphasised the mid bass. The larger had a wider more open sound, and had more sub-bass. The IEMs I was using fit Comply 400 size tips.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #536 of 3,079
Almost decided by to IT01 looking forward to the detailed review.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #538 of 3,079
My pair arrived today (well yesterday here now). I haven't listened to them yet but I'm looking forward to it. What burn in rules do you guys have? This is actually my first audio purchase in a quite a while, my previous purchase was the ATH E40's a few years ago and I didn't bother burning them in. I will be burning these in but can't remember what's the best method to use. I have a site bookmarked called bassdrive.com which is a radio station that plays non stop heavy bass music. Should I just play that for 120 hours non stop at a volume slightly higher than what my ears can handle?

Dec 21, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #539 of 3,079
My pair arrived today (well yesterday here now). I haven't listened to them yet but I'm looking forward to it. What burn in rules do you guys have? This is actually my first audio purchase in a quite a while, my previous purchase was the ATH E40's a few years ago and I didn't bother burning them in. I will be burning these in but can't remember what's the best method to use. I have a site bookmarked called bassdrive.com which is a radio station that plays non stop heavy bass music. Should I just play that for 120 hours non stop at a volume slightly higher than what my ears can handle?
I suggest using Log Sine and Pink Noise from this thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/free-burn-in-files.466827/. I've created a playlist with the two files and play it in an endless loop for 10 - 12 hours a day for several days. As for the volume, some say turn the volume knob slightly lower than normal listening volume and others say slightly higher - I play the files at slightly lower than normal listening volume and turn it up for a couple of hours each night.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #540 of 3,079

I've been using the TARA Labs Cascade Noise Burn In file. I can say that it's effective because I once had an earbud with overwhelming bass. Just a night of burn in, the bass was almost gone. I think the driver got roasted because I set the volume way too high. Since then, I just set the volume slightly above my comfortable listening level. I have a FLAC version of this and it's quite long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back