iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Dec 11, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #977 of 1,036
Hi all, my review of the IT00 is finally up here on Head-Fi!
For anyone who might be interested, here is a link to the review:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ibasso-it00.24516/review/24899/

Key take-home point: ear tip selection really makes a difference on this one.
So my humble advice would be for you to make like a scientist and experiment! :D

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #978 of 1,036
Hi all - how would the IT00 be for someone who loves the H40, wants a single DD IEM for EDM/Gaming/Deep House and finds the Starfield a little forward in the mids leading to harshness?

Appreciate the help!

Jan 26, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #979 of 1,036
Hi all - how would the IT00 be for someone who loves the H40, wants a single DD IEM for EDM/Gaming/Deep House and finds the Starfield a little forward in the mids leading to harshness?

Appreciate the help!

Hi, I haven't heard the H40, but I think it's likely the IT00 will meet those specific needs. I didn't find any harshness (and I'm sensitive to that), plus the low end, excellent detail retrieval for its price and pretty holographic soundstage should be ticking all the boxes you'd be looking at for EDM/Gaming/Deep House :)

For all those reasons, I'd also add that if you can stretch to a higher budget, then the IT03 (perhaps a used one for a much cheaper price) would probably be an excellent choice too. It's mids are good, but fairly laid back, detail retrieval is superb and the soundstage and sub-bass extension and timbre still astonish me to this day!

Jan 26, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #980 of 1,036

Appreciate the help!

My honest recommendation is to look elsewhere. I had to return mine for severe driver flex and channel imbalance.

Jan 26, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #983 of 1,036
Thanks for the advice all, really appreciate it, especially the QC comments. However, they're such good value and available via Amazon that I'd have no concerns with speedy returns. They sound like a winner right now.
IT00s are superb for vocals (as you mention EDM) and bass, especially if you find the starfield/oxygen harman tuning a bit intense (you could always add another damper to your Starfields though to bring the top end down a bit).
Enjoy :)

Jan 29, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #985 of 1,036
So... I've been a loooong time lurker of Head-Fi, and have never posted. Yet the IT00 has been sufficiently enjoyable to bring me out of hiding.

Being notorious for having too much on my mind, I somehow lost my first pair. Yet still opted to get a replacement pair instead of upgrading. Love these IEMs.

Anyway, I wanted to offer my experience regarding the aforementioned channel imbalance. BOTH of my IT00's seem to have occasionally had level problems; however, it has always resolved itself after I've induced some driver flex by pressing the tip deeper into my ear for a moment. I don't know why this occurs, but I suspect it may have something to do with pressure differences between the helmholtz resonators? Regardless, still not a deal-breaker.

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #986 of 1,036
Really amazed at how good these are for the money, totally blown me away! Wasn't too impressed with the stock cable, so swapped it out but it's more of a looks/comfort thing as I don't honestly hear any sound difference, didn't expect to either. Tips were a lot of trial an error, eventually settled for Final E. Finally, I swapped in gold IMR nozzles as I prefer laid back recessed upper mids/lower treble and those helped a fair amount. Signature is about perfect for me now.

Channel imbalance happens from time to time, it seems to be entirely a fit/seal issue and taking them out and in again sorts it - I wonder if that is what other people have had too?

Exactly what I was looking for as a spare set where they're cheap enough to lose and not really worry too much, so top recommendation, thanks everyone. I find I am using them all the time now though!

IT00_1.jpg
IT00.jpg

Feb 3, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #987 of 1,036
Oh, this is interesting. Perhaps switching the filter to IMR black would add some clarity to the IT00.

Feb 5, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #988 of 1,036
Really amazed at how good these are for the money, totally blown me away! Wasn't too impressed with the stock cable, so swapped it out but it's more of a looks/comfort thing as I don't honestly hear any sound difference, didn't expect to either. Tips were a lot of trial an error, eventually settled for Final E. Finally, I swapped in gold IMR nozzles as I prefer laid back recessed upper mids/lower treble and those helped a fair amount. Signature is about perfect for me now.

Channel imbalance happens from time to time, it seems to be entirely a fit/seal issue and taking them out and in again sorts it - I wonder if that is what other people have had too?

Exactly what I was looking for as a spare set where they're cheap enough to lose and not really worry too much, so top recommendation, thanks everyone. I find I am using them all the time now though!

IT00_1.jpgIT00.jpg

I absolutely love these. Of all the...lets just say affordable....IEM's...these are the ones that I recommend to everyone on a budget. You simply can't beat the performance for the price!

Feb 14, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #989 of 1,036
well I'm just received my IT00 😁
so much like about the fitting and also my unit free from driver flex 💖, after rolling tips from spinfit, jvc, final etc.... i found that eartips come from TiN HiFi T2 Plus really match for IT00 it's make higher frequency more focus and slightly sharper. first Impression love it so far and need sometime to cooked a driver in 🔥

IMG_20210214_210644_136.jpg
IMG_20210215_040555_549.jpg

Feb 16, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #990 of 1,036
well I'm just received my IT00 😁
so much like about the fitting and also my unit free from driver flex 💖, after rolling tips from spinfit, jvc, final etc.... i found that eartips come from TiN HiFi T2 Plus really match for IT00 it's make higher frequency more focus and slightly sharper. first Impression love it so far and need sometime to cooked a driver in 🔥

IMG_20210214_210644_136.jpgIMG_20210215_040555_549.jpg
@chichaphile We seem to have similar tastes in IEM's; I have this one too, haha :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back