iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Jul 27, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #286 of 1,036
Glad my order is in. Not sure what I'm expecting from these but will be a good point of reference for comparisons now everyone is going to buy them.

The hype train is going to really roll now.
Yep, I had the same thinking with the blon03's - just got them to see what all the fuss was and because everyone kept referring to them.

Jul 27, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #287 of 1,036
Or so we tell ourselves time and time again to justify owning all these sets...

I keep asking myself why I need another well tuned single DD and I just don't have a good answer other than "I want to". "I might need a backup to my backup to my backup lawn mowing set of IEMs" really doesn't seem to be sufficient justification anymore.
We all need more than 1 IEM :p

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #288 of 1,036
It's a hobby. We are going to spend our money on IEM's as long as it's a hobby. Especially in these days of Covid 19. Why not have a little joy, a little sweetness? You deserve it. And without you guys I would not have the faintest idea what is good in this hobby. So please don't stop buying and keep letting us all know what's the best to invest in.

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #289 of 1,036
It's a hobby. We are going to spend our money on IEM's as long as it's a hobby. Especially in these days of Covid 19. Why not have a little joy, a little sweetness? You deserve it. And without you guys I would not have the faintest idea what is good in this hobby. So please don't stop buying and keep letting us all know what's the best to invest in.
I have something on my hand that you might be interested in. Still listening before my verdict. :p

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #290 of 1,036
After mod IT00 gains density in vocal range akin to the Penon Orb. As well it cleared up slight haziness I felt in somewhere near the lower Mids.
@audio123 not sure if you mod your earphones, but hoping you or somebody can try this and share their experience.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #291 of 1,036
After mod IT00 gains density in vocal range akin to the Penon Orb. As well it cleared up slight haziness I felt in somewhere near the low Mids.
@audio123 not sure if you mod your earphones, but hoping you or somebody can try this and share their experience.
I keep all my IEMs non-modded so this way I can help to compare stock vs stock. Cheers.

Jul 27, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #292 of 1,036
I hate you guys....

:joy:

thats like 100 usd...so damn expensive for us europeans...
You could have got it cheaper at https://www.audiophonics.fr
That's where I found it, asked for a price match from that UK shop, and they matched the numeric value of the EUR price... in GBP. So I got it from Audiophonics anyway since it was cheaper due to currency exchange.

Jul 27, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #293 of 1,036
You could have got it cheaper at https://www.audiophonics.fr
That's where I found it, asked for a price match from that UK shop, and they matched the numeric value of the EUR price... in GBP. So I got it from Audiophonics anyway since it was cheaper due to currency exchange.
i ordered from https://headphoniaks.com/ it was around 85 euros with express shipping. ordered on Saturday, getting them tomorrow

Jul 27, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #294 of 1,036
Audiophonics sells them for 75€, with shipping included (Portugal, in my case).

Jul 27, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #296 of 1,036
By the time that these finally land in the U.S.:
Fiio will have an FH4
Moondrop will have something for sale (SSR/SSP)
UrbanFun will have sourced the proper driver
My orders from 6 weeks ago might get here
... not holding out too much, on the last one

1595878308910.png

Jul 27, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #297 of 1,036
Just got my AM05's in today. WOW. Pairing them with the DX220MAX that's burned in for 400 hours and it sounds AMAZING!

Jul 27, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #298 of 1,036
Quote @lgcubana:
By the time that these finally land in the U.S.:
Fiio will have an FH4 - probably, along with a Jade Audio EH4 at half the price
Moondrop will have something for sale (SSR/SSP) - maybe, but will probably have another supplier issue
UrbanFun will have sourced the proper driver - they will have sourced 3 different ones, who knows which one you will get though
My orders from 6 weeks ago might get here - nah, will still be stuck in customs
... not holding out too much, on the last one

Jul 27, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #299 of 1,036
Mine should arrive mid next week. Just a note to fellow Canadians... the $69usd doesn’t really work out for us with another $22usd in shipping, the exchange rate and $23cdn in import fees.. ugh!!! Hope these are as good as everyone is saying..

Jul 27, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #300 of 1,036
Mine should arrive mid next week. Just a note to fellow Canadians... the $69usd doesn’t really work out for us with another $22usd in shipping, the exchange rate and $23cdn in import fees.. ugh!!! Hope these are as good as everyone is saying..

Yep, I went through that painful currency conversion and importation fees, yet I am currently contemplating whether to get another set or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back