iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Aug 27, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #693 of 864
  What FW are you using ? What step is that ?? 

I'm using 2.2.0. I like the sound and pretty much, most things work as expected. For the 2.3.0 charge bug, while the DX90 is off and charging, hold the power button until the screen is dimly lighted but still blank, continue to hold the power button until the screen light goes off again and the charge status will appear. It takes a little over 5 seconds for the cycling. 

Aug 28, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #694 of 864

I'm using 2.2.0. I like the sound and pretty much, most things work as expected. For the 2.3.0 charge bug, while the DX90 is off and charging, hold the power button until the screen is dimly lighted but still blank, continue to hold the power button until the screen light goes off again and the charge status will appear. It takes a little over 5 seconds for the cycling. 

Rolled back to 2.2.0 yesterday and it's better. It charges pretty fast to be honest and not sure but i think it also holds the charge for a little bit longer... Yeah I'm staying on 2.2.0 for now.

Aug 28, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #695 of 864
  Rolled back to 2.2.0 yesterday and it's better. It charges pretty fast to be honest and not sure but i think it also holds the charge for a little bit longer... Yeah I'm staying on 2.2.0 for now.

Hopefully we won't have to wait forever for 2.x.x to fix existing bugs but I'm not going to hold my breath, now that the DX90/50 are no longer a priority. 2.2.0 is comfy, since I don't need the DAC function (Mac) and the additional file formats. 

Aug 29, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #701 of 864
Hello,

I would like to know if anyone had problem with DX90 not being able to skip to the music screen when you turn on power. Have tried to turn off, reset by pressing the power for 7 seconds, remove battery. Also tried to conect to computer but does not recognize it. Unfortunately still stuck on the first screen where it shows the dx90 iBasso asshown on the picture.

Hope someone can help!

Aug 29, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #702 of 864
so it suddenly started doing that? or did you do something with it? something similar happened to me when I tried to install rockbox and messed up a little bit.

anyway look in the first post in this topic http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/dx90-2x-sabre-1st-page-downloads-info-inst-lurker0-fw-mod-link-1st-page-new-fw-2-3-0  

there is link to "batch tool" and quite detailed walkthrough how to use - you can try to flash firmware, maybe that can help. but use only original ibasso firmware, not lurkers modded fw.

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #703 of 864
so it suddenly started doing that? or did you do something with it? something similar happened to me when I tried to install rockbox and messed up a little bit.

anyway look in the first post in this topic http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/dx90-2x-sabre-1st-page-downloads-info-inst-lurker0-fw-mod-link-1st-page-new-fw-2-3-0  

there is link to "batch tool" and quite detailed walkthrough how to use - you can try to flash firmware, maybe that can help. but use only original ibasso firmware, not lurkers modded fw.

Thanks Haens!

It happened when I was listening and the battery was low. It showed the turning off screen where it says "see you soon" and then I thought it was turned off, then it came back on with the screen that I uploaded earlier. I can not reinstall the firmware since I don't have a way to go to the screen where there is setup to reboot or delete the previous files since it is not recognized by the computer.

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #704 of 864
I dont understand. are you saying the "batch tool" method isnt working? because with batch tool you flash the firmware through PC. and you force the PC to see the DX90 by holding the volume up button when DX90 is turned off and then connecting to PC.

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #705 of 864
Thanks Haens!

It happened when I was listening and the battery was low. It showed the turning off screen where it says "see you soon" and then I thought it was turned off, then it came back on with the screen that I uploaded earlier. I can not reinstall the firmware since I don't have a way to go to the screen where there is setup to reboot or delete the previous files since it is not recognized by the computer.

If you use the batch tool you don't need the screen of the DX90 as it is all done on the computer. You can also install the FW by a micro card by shutting down the DX90 and pushing the power button and the volume + button at the same time. There is a menu there that you navigate. I use the batch tool though if needed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back