iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jun 19, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #586 of 864
I don't get it. My DX90 now has some issue where if it is playing music in 'locked' mode, when I sometimes toggle back to 'unlocked' the playback crashes or shifts to another song entirely. I've rescanned the library, rebooted the device, reloaded the FW, and the problem persists. Has anyone else experienced this?

Is this where I finally exercise the warranty and send this to iBasso for a replacement? I want this thing to simply work.

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #587 of 864
  I don't get it. My DX90 now has some issue where if it is playing music in 'locked' mode, when I sometimes toggle back to 'unlocked' the playback crashes or shifts to another song entirely. I've rescanned the library, rebooted the device, reloaded the FW, and the problem persists. Has anyone else experienced this?

Is this where I finally exercise the warranty and send this to iBasso for a replacement? I want this thing to simply work.

Have you done a factory reset?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 19, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #588 of 864

I have, but I'll try it again.

I just replicated the problem, in fact — was playing through "all music," had the device in 'locked' mode with the screen dark. Rather than push the power button to illuminate the locked image first, I just toggled to 'unlocked' while the screen was still dark. Playback crashed.

Running FW 2.2.0.

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #589 of 864

It's official — after factory reset, if I unlock the device during playback while the screen remains dark, playback completely crashes and I'm forced to restart the device. Again, using FW 2.2.0. (I find the effect of the new code of 2.3.0 on the sound rather awful, so it is not an option.)

Can anyone else replicate this problem? It's easy. Just set your device to play a list of songs, lock the device, wait for the screen to go dark, then unlock and see what happens.

So Paul, do I have a lemon that I need to replace, or is this something that can be fixed? It doesn't really happen if I press 'power' before unlocking, but I'm not going to remember that every time, and it upsets me when the device crashes.

Jun 19, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #590 of 864
Can anyone else replicate this problem? It's easy. Just set your device to play a list of songs, lock the device, wait for the screen to go dark, then unlock and see what happens.

I also prefer and use f.w. 2 2 and tried it. It happens to me also, but only when you lock it when the screen is in the directory mode (with a list of maps) or one level lower (with a list of songs). If the screen is in "normal" play mode (with the timeline and album picture) there's no problem. I tried it several times with different songs (flac - mp3) and it happens, not always but several times. I never noticed this earlier, because I always play it using the "normal" play mode. It is strange indeed, but it's not (only) a problem with your DX90, so Ibasso, there's work to be done......

Jun 19, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #591 of 864
  I also prefer and use f.w. 2 2 and tried it. It happens to me also, but only when you lock it when the screen is in the directory mode (with a list of maps) or one level lower (with a list of songs). If the screen is in "normal" play mode (with the timeline and album picture) there's no problem. I tried it several times with different songs (flac - mp3) and it happens, not always but several times. I never noticed this earlier, because I always play it using the "normal" play mode. It is strange indeed, but it's not (only) a problem with your DX90, so Ibasso, there's work to be done......

Just tried it with f.w. 2.3, same thing happens. 

Jun 20, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #592 of 864
Another bug that happens with FW 2.3 is when using it as a DAC (Windows) and you accidentally push the play button the sound stops and the volume button does nothing anymore, the DX90 is totally bricked. It will only start working again after a total reboot. I tried this also with FW 2.2, there the play button does nothing in DAC mode, so no problem at all. I am a big fan of the DX90 but it looks to me there are several new bugs in FW 2.3, so I'm a bit disappointed. The sound quality is a matter of personal taste, but it should work normally after all these FW updates. Paul, is it possible not to ad any more functions in the next FW, but focus on the normal working issues? 

Jun 22, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #594 of 864
In 2.3.0 it doesn't seem to read the tags properly. I only get ALBUM read. IN Artists and Genre there is on one entry (null), and in All Music, it shows the file name instead of the track name.

I only use .ogg files on my DX ... over 15,000 of them. Works with 2.2.0 (which I've gone back to).

Jon

Jun 22, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #595 of 864
In 2.3.0 using the DAC fonction on an iMac 11,1 (late 2009) with Yosemite, it is realy buggy.
Plugged directly in the USB at the back of the iMac, the DAC is recognized, but as soon as I try to play some music (VLC, VOX, Audirvana+ or Youtube...), I loose the USB connection and bluetooth. And the DX90 is not recognized anymore till I hard reboot the computer.
Plugged via a USB hub or the keyboard, it stays conected, but the music fade-out and fade-in for 1 second every 5-10 or 15 seconds. No matter what source I use: Vox, VLC, Youtube, Audirvana+...

I have made an Apple Hadware Test with no issue, and I even made a clean install of Yosemite yesterday, with no luck.

Last important point, under Win8.1, it works perfectly fine.
As usual, I have made several factory reset on the DX90.

Jun 22, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #596 of 864
  In 2.3.0 it doesn't seem to read the tags properly. I only get ALBUM read. IN Artists and Genre there is on one entry (null), and in All Music, it shows the file name instead of the track name.

I only use .ogg files on my DX ... over 15,000 of them. Works with 2.2.0 (which I've gone back to).

Jon

Have you tried to rescan your music?

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #597 of 864
Yes. I did the factory reset, and then rescan.
Then I re-installed the 2.3.0 and did factory reset and rescan - and still the same, only the ALBUM tag used.
Installed 2.2.0 and reset and rescanned and all back to normal.

Jun 23, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #598 of 864
Then I re-installed the 2.3.0 and did factory reset and rescan - and still the same, only the ALBUM tag used.

I let the SW team know.

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #599 of 864

Did you also delete the "album art" dirs - or whatever they're called - on the SD card and internal memory before the rescan? Those won't be deleted by a factory reset.

Jun 25, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #600 of 864
I've just got my iBasso DX90 (few days ago) and I'm no sure whether this may be a firmware bug, rather than an hardware bug. What happens is that I got strange behaviours from the rwd and the ffw phisical front buttons. The ffw one in particular acts really weirdly: sometimes it skips to the next track (as it should), sometimes it skips to the previous one!!!! I would say 4 out of 10 it goes to the previous one instead of going to the next one. :frowning2:
The rwd button instead sometimes goes to the beginning of the track, sometimes it directly goes to the previous track. It's not like any other rwd button which normally goes to the beginning first and then to the previous track on the quick second press.
I'm actually on firmware 2.20. The rwd button acted this way even on the original firmware I received the dx90 with (I mean version 2.15).
Is anyone else experiencing such a problem? Or it's just my terrible luck and I got a faulty unit!?!?

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back