iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
May 30, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #6,722 of 6,795
Well, my dx80's battery is finally shot. I can literally watch the percentage tick down. Lol

It's too bad, I was thinking of getting a dx150 or a used dx200, but now I'm maybe thinking otherwise. At least my trusty dx50 is still rocking!

Please email me at paul@ibasso.com. I can issue you an RMA for battery replacement.

Yeah, suddenly, my dx80's battery is shot, too.. even in standby, it discharges dramatically.

I think I'll have to contact Paul... but I don't know if it's worth it.. it has some other problems too, which I've bypassed mostly by using the line-out with an amp.

May 30, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #6,723 of 6,795
Thanks Paul. I didn't realize that was an option!
Yeah, suddenly, my dx80's battery is shot, too.. even in standby, it discharges dramatically.

I think I'll have to contact Paul... but I don't know if it's worth it.. it has some other problems too, which I've bypassed mostly by using the line-out with an amp.
I sent my for battery replacement and my unit also had other problems. Just describe the issues in email and there is good chance you will get it back fixed. I was very happy with iBasso support.

May 30, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #6,724 of 6,795
I sent my for battery replacement and my unit also had other problems. Just describe the issues in email and there is good chance you will get it back fixed. I was very happy with iBasso support.

Thanks, wormcycle

I'm not sure how to describe the problems with my DX80--it transmits this loud popping sound to the headphones, it always detects the line-out in use even when it's not, and the sound occasionally cuts out when using the LO.

Some of these problems have already been brought up here but the quickly discharging battery is probably the most troublesome.

Jun 1, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #6,726 of 6,795
Well woke up to use my DX80 this morning only to find the back bulging out because the battery had expanded. This is the third time I've had a dysfunctional battery, only this time it's ****ed the entire player.

pppDBgT.jpg

Jun 1, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #6,727 of 6,795
Well woke up to use my DX80 this morning only to find the back bulging out because the battery had expanded. This is the third time I've had a dysfunctional battery, only this time it's ****ed the entire player.

pppDBgT.jpg
Please contact me at paul@ibasso.com so we can get this fixed for you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 21, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #6,729 of 6,795
Hi Paul,

a time ago you told us, that you are working on firmware for DX80. In the meantime there had been new firmware for DX 150 and DX 200, but not for DX 80.

When will there be a new firmware for DX 80 as you told? The last one is over one year old....

Please give a short feedback.

Thank you

Jun 22, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #6,730 of 6,795
Hi Paul,

a time ago you told us, that you are working on firmware for DX80. In the meantime there had been new firmware for DX 150 and DX 200, but not for DX 80.

When will there be a new firmware for DX 80 as you told? The last one is over one year old....

Please give a short feedback.

Thank you
What update would you want?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 24, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #6,731 of 6,795
What update would you want?

Hi Paul,
here are my issues, which I mentioned several times in this blog and this blog iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here on Feb 9, 2018:
- Sorting Bug: When playing music via playlist. After power off and on the titles in the playlist are in alphabetical order.
- automatically scan chosen folder with playlists and import every playlist automatically
- if playlists are changed in e.g. foobar, new playlist should overwrite old playlist at import. At this time nothing happens when importing changed playlists. Or
- just scan playlist folder for new or changed playlists and automatically import them (and overwrite older) :)
- in playlist overview, alphabetical order of playlists, not import order as it seems to be now
- maybe searching in artists, albums or all music first selection of a character and then jump to artist, albums starting with this character (would be very useful with many albums or artists, in my DX80 I have two 400GB sd cards with many music on it and it works great :) )

Jun 24, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #6,732 of 6,795
Hi Paul,
here are my issues, which I mentioned several times in this blog and this blog iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here on Feb 9, 2018:
- Sorting Bug: When playing music via playlist. After power off and on the titles in the playlist are in alphabetical order.
- automatically scan chosen folder with playlists and import every playlist automatically
- if playlists are changed in e.g. foobar, new playlist should overwrite old playlist at import. At this time nothing happens when importing changed playlists. Or
- just scan playlist folder for new or changed playlists and automatically import them (and overwrite older) :)
- in playlist overview, alphabetical order of playlists, not import order as it seems to be now
- maybe searching in artists, albums or all music first selection of a character and then jump to artist, albums starting with this character (would be very useful with many albums or artists, in my DX80 I have two 400GB sd cards with many music on it and it works great :) )

I seem to get the sorting bug when playing a folder. I have albums in separate folders with file names sorting the tracks in order. 1, 2, and so on. If the unit auto powers off, tracks are played out of order.

Jun 24, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #6,733 of 6,795
I seem to get the sorting bug when playing a folder. I have albums in separate folders with file names sorting the tracks in order. 1, 2, and so on. If the unit auto powers off, tracks are played out of order.

try ensuring they are named as 01. track 1 etc etc
they 0 and the . sometimes makes a difference!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back