iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 19, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #6,631 of 6,795
What issues are you having with the current firmware?

Hi Paul,
here are my issues:
- Sorting Bug: When playing music via playlist. After power off and on the titles in the playlist are in alphabetical order.
- automatically scan chosen folder with playlists and import every playlist automatically

- if playlists are changed in e.g. foobar, new playlist should overwrite old playlist at import. At this time nothing happens when importing changed playlists. Or
- just scan playlist folder for new or changed playlists and automatically import them (and overwrite older) :)
- in playlist overview, alphabetical order of playlists, not import order as it seems to be now
- maybe searching in artists, albums or all music first selection of a character and then jump to artist, albums starting with this character (would be very useful with many albums or artists, in my DX80 I have two sd cards, 256GB and 400GB with many music on it and it works great :) )

This would be great.
Thank you very much

Dec 19, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #6,632 of 6,795
Hi Paul,
here are my issues:
- Sorting Bug: When playing music via playlist. After power off and on the titles in the playlist are in alphabetical order.
- automatically scan chosen folder with playlists and import every playlist automatically

- if playlists are changed in e.g. foobar, new playlist should overwrite old playlist at import. At this time nothing happens when importing changed playlists. Or
- just scan playlist folder for new or changed playlists and automatically import them (and overwrite older) :)
- in playlist overview, alphabetical order of playlists, not import order as it seems to be now
- maybe searching in artists, albums or all music first selection of a character and then jump to artist, albums starting with this character (would be very useful with many albums or artists, in my DX80 I have two sd cards, 256GB and 400GB with many music on it and it works great :) )

This would be great.
Thank you very much

I also have a problem with the latest firmware not taking advantage of "album artist" metadata. If a collection includes many "Various Artists" anthologies, the presence of hundreds of one-song artists clutters the "Artist" view option and makes it worthless. Seems like this would be straightforward to fix, and yet people have been complaining about it in these forums forever.

Dec 19, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #6,633 of 6,795
Question on updating firmware via the efficient Lurker method on page 1 of this thread (I have yet to update to 1.6). I am a bit confused by Lurker's more efficient instructions (see below):

• Does one press volume + or volume - while also powering on to do this firmware update? The instructions suggest both. The first sentence says "press and hold Vol+", yet the third sentence says: "So, you turn (on) DX80 once, press Vol-, then press Power to start the process." Can Lurker or some other pro (Jamato8), please clarify? Thanks!

From Lurker0:

"I remind you all that the fastest and safest method to perform the firmware update is via recovery console: press and hold Vol+ while turning the device on. It flashes the firmware and then performs the factory reset and then boots the device, all automatically! So, you turn DX80 once, press Vol-, then press Power to start the process, and in a few seconds you have your DX80 turned on, updated and in the initial state, to start using again."

Dec 19, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #6,634 of 6,795
Second one... @Paul - iBasso: About a year ago, I sent my DX80 to IBasso in HK for a battery replacement due to fast drain, and discharge while turned off. The same pattern of battery drainage is happening again. For example, after a full charge the other day, the charging level decreased from 100% to 95% merely in a turned off state (duration was about 1.5 days). Battery level declines about 8%-10% over the course of an hour of active use. I am thinking that I may need to get another battery replacement. Please advise. Thank you.

Dec 22, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #6,636 of 6,795
Thanks, Lurker.

Dec 23, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #6,637 of 6,795
Second one... @Paul - iBasso: About a year ago, I sent my DX80 to IBasso in HK for a battery replacement due to fast drain, and discharge while turned off. The same pattern of battery drainage is happening again. For example, after a full charge the other day, the charging level decreased from 100% to 95% merely in a turned off state (duration was about 1.5 days). Battery level declines about 8%-10% over the course of an hour of active use. I am thinking that I may need to get another battery replacement. Please advise. Thank you.
From Old Gardener
Had the same issue, even gained a couple of % overnight, was using 5v 2amp output charger, changed to 5v 1amp output, everything went back to normal, longer play time and no erratic battery readings,if you haven't got a slower charger use usb port, worth a shot. Prefers trickle charging.

Dec 23, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #6,638 of 6,795
Have you contacted me via email?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 24, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #6,639 of 6,795
Have you contacted me via email?

Thanks, Paul. No, I haven’t contacted you via email as of yet. I think I’ll give old gardeners advice a try (thanks, gardener), and then will reach out to you when I’d like to request service with regards to a battery replacement. Thank you.

Dec 26, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #6,640 of 6,795
Hi Paul,
here are my issues:

This would be great.
Thank you very much
Hi Paul,
what about my issues? Can you give me any feedback, if they will be solved in next firmware?
Thank you

Jan 7, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #6,642 of 6,795
my 1.6.0 (L0) current bugs :
- wrong album art and song's info shown, for example album art #2 shown in song #1, pressing next button changing to song #3 not song #2 as it's info shown in my dx80 (songs #1 #2 #3 are in sequence) ~ only once
- HO become silent after finishing all my songs list ( I didn't use a shuffle or repeat all mode, probably this cause I accidentally pressed next button after last track)

Jan 7, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #6,643 of 6,795
I think the dx80 always has issues with album art. My DX80 doesn't show album art for some of my tracks that just uses a folder.jpg, and most if not all of my cued lists doesn't show album art.

Jan 8, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #6,644 of 6,795
my 1.6.0 (L0) current bugs :
- wrong album art and song's info shown, for example album art #2 shown in song #1, pressing next button changing to song #3 not song #2 as it's info shown in my dx80 (songs #1 #2 #3 are in sequence) ~ only once
- HO become silent after finishing all my songs list ( I didn't use a shuffle or repeat all mode, probably this cause I accidentally pressed next button after last track)
I have given this information to the software team. Thank you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back