iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Sep 9, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #6,571 of 6,795
it sounds like I'm going to miss out on the benefits of the DX80 if I use it with the EDGE Headphones or any other wireless headphones which can be used in wired mode?
Some wireless headphones in wired mode act as usual headphones. But EDGE has noise cancellation and volume level control systems, meaning, an active circuit. I've failed to find an information whether they can be turned into fully passive mode or not.

Sep 9, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #6,572 of 6,795
Some wireless headphones in wired mode act as usual headphones. But EDGE has noise cancellation and volume level control systems, meaning, an active circuit. I've failed to find an information whether they can be turned into fully passive mode or not.
TYou are correct with EDGE they only work in "active" mode and yo cannot use them when the battery is discharged so probably not really "suitable" for my DX80. I think I would be better off with the SONY MDR 1000X or BOSE QC 35?

Sep 9, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #6,573 of 6,795
I am having issues updating to the 1.6 firmware. Not really sure what is happening. Have tried using the batch tool and the flash recovery option also but keep getting the same error. Anyone have any ideas? IMG_3554.JPG

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #6,574 of 6,795
1, I would run the batch tool a couple of times - In the past its taken a few times for it to work for me
You do have to read it quite closely!
2, Ive had this before as well - re download the firmware and try again
You'll get it, dont worry :)

Oct 3, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #6,576 of 6,795
Hi Paul,
I have an issue from past 15days on My DX80 play button is jammed (not clicking but fuctional) and after switching it on the player get automatically locked within 5minute(swipe to unlock) and getting battery backup of only 3hrs it also drains at an rate of 10% to 15% per day even though it's switched off, tried batch tool many times

Oct 3, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #6,577 of 6,795
Hi Paul,
I have an issue from past 15days on My DX80 play button is jammed (not clicking but fuctional) and after switching it on the player get automatically locked within 5minute(swipe to unlock) and getting battery backup of only 3hrs it also drains at an rate of 10% to 15% per day even though it's switched off, tried batch tool many times
You can email me at paul@ibasso.com . I can issue you an RMA number to have these issues corrected.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 3, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #6,578 of 6,795
Hi Paul,
I had exactly the same problem. I sent it to iBasso, they fixed it all: replaced screen with the button, battery. What we do not appreciate enough is iBasso support. Those guys were answering emails in hours, explained to me what will be repaired etc. Paul helped as well.

Oct 3, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #6,579 of 6,795
More praise to iBasso!
I have been lucky after purchasing my DX80 just short of a year or so ago I have had no problems and although I don't use it that often it performs flawlessly when I do.
I did have occasion to contact iBasso on Facebook as I was thinking of buying a particular brands new model of wireless headphones. Paul responded quickly and as a result of a short Messenger discussion with him over a couple of days I didn't go ahead.
Branded electronics is not so cheap where I am currently living but I have been waiting to purchase another brand/model from a few recommended and may try and pick up a pair duty free when I travel at the end of this month or when I get back to Australia. Probably a pair of the new "H.ear on 2 NC" from Sony. I'd love the 1000XM2 but they're a little too pricey for me.
My whole point here is the support from iBasso and particularly Paul is some of the best I have ever experienced. :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oct 5, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #6,582 of 6,795
thankfully my local shop was able to replace my dx80 battery, but I wonder why this unit has slow charging rate, even using a fast charger (5 v / 3 A) not effective
Was the battery a battery that we supplied? The circuit is not a rapid charge circuit in the DX80. Using a 2 amp or higher charger works best but having a higher current charger over 2 amps will not increase the charging rate.

Oct 6, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #6,583 of 6,795
Was the battery a battery that we supplied? The circuit is not a rapid charge circuit in the DX80. Using a 2 amp or higher charger works best but having a higher current charger over 2 amps will not increase the charging rate.
probably yes, I'm not sure but its too slow to wait especially when the unit is turned off now I always turn the unit on when charging to make sure

Oct 8, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #6,584 of 6,795
probably yes, I'm not sure but its too slow to wait especially when the unit is turned off now I always turn the unit on when charging to make sure
How long does it take to charge? There is a circuit on the battery we use for the DX80 so it needs to be a battery we supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back