iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jun 1, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #6,468 of 6,795
We have uploaded the DX80 FW 1.6.0 for a regular download now. The bugs noted above will be addressed on the next FW. I have given the information to the software team to work on.

Yes, playlists have to be imported one by one. Actually, we fixed one playlist bug on this firmware. You can add the same song to a playlist multi times. On the previous firmware, if one of this song is deleted, all of them will be removed. On this firmware, if you delete it once, only one will be removed while the others still remain.

Thanks Paul, and you got it in just in time for the end of May deadline! My biggest issue (play order) has at last been fixed, but I look forward to the others too. Any word on how long we have to wait for the next release? I do hope it won't be another year!

Jun 1, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #6,470 of 6,795
Man, what a letdown. FW 1.6.0 still resets the current playing playlist to alphabetical order when powered off. It looks like they only fixed that issue when playing albums, not playlists. They'll probably take another year to fix that too.

Also, I don't know if I'm the only one, but for the second time since I bought it last year, the play button has become broken. The button doesn't click anymore, and becomes activated at the slightest touch. I can't even put it in my pocket without the player pausing and unpausing itself.

I guess I'm done with iBasso for now.

Jun 1, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #6,473 of 6,795
Ok, that is my impression, too. I'm only hearing music via playlists and after powering off and on all is in alphabetical order....
I am not sure I understand. You have to power off and back on to hear music?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 1, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #6,474 of 6,795
Man, what a letdown. FW 1.6.0 still resets the current playing playlist to alphabetical order when powered off. It looks like they only fixed that issue when playing albums, not playlists. They'll probably take another year to fix that too.

Also, I don't know if I'm the only one, but for the second time since I bought it last year, the play button has become broken. The button doesn't click anymore, and becomes activated at the slightest touch. I can't even put it in my pocket without the player pausing and unpausing itself.

I guess I'm done with iBasso for now.
I am sorry you are having issues with the pause/play button. Please contact me by email and I will issue you an RMA number so your DX80 can be repaired.

I have reported the issue of the playlist to our software team.

Jun 2, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #6,476 of 6,795
Hi Paul,
no, I just meant that the sort bug still exists when you use playlists. After power off and on the titles in the playlist are in alphabetical order...

But I think sound is better now as Cold Train wrote. Thank you :)
Thank you. I have given this information to our software team.

Jun 3, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #6,477 of 6,795
Just did some listening of Lurker0 1.6.0 LO, and call it placebo or not, I hear the sound crispier than official 1.6.0 (beta). This is the way it should be! Thanks iBasso for support, many thanks Lurker0 for you optimization & fonts work, well done.

To me this is the best sounding fw so far. Now fix the small GUI glitch, and call it definitive.

Probably you're right: it's surely a placebo effect but also for me the sound of lurker's firmware is.. more "brilliant" than official.
There is also great credit for the new PB3 just arrived: great sound ... I'm very happy.

Jun 5, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #6,478 of 6,795
Hi Paul,

I want to pin something I noticed a few weeks ago, my balanced TRRS 3.5 cables works flawlessly in the DX80 !

AFAIK, the DX80 does not have a balanced output?!

I can hear some small nuances and somewhat a larger soundstage compared to TRS, but don't know if it's placebo??? Does the DX80 has the same properties as the Sony ZX2 or Oppo HA-2 in terms of separated grounds but no REAL balanced output?

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #6,479 of 6,795
HI to everyone here....does anybody here can advise me on how to install the new firmware V1.6.0 on my DX80?....Thanks in advance...Alexandros

Users who are viewing this thread

Back