iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Apr 20, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #6,346 of 6,795
Nope. I've been using this card for the other players I have for a while. Does formatting the card wipe out all the data in it? I've already tried a factory reset... But with no success.

Formatting the card wipes everything on it. Are there any other folders on the card besides the music?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 20, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #6,348 of 6,795
Yeah, pictures, videos etc. But it's all empty. While I can play most of the music apart from the ones that hasn't been sucessfuly scanned.

It sounds like a tagging issue. The DX80 gets to 65% and can't go further, something is causing this and in the past it has been tagging or card format. Have you run anything to clean the card. This doesn't get rid of files but can correct errors.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 20, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #6,349 of 6,795
It sounds like a tagging issue. The DX80 gets to 65% and can't go further, something is causing this and in the past it has been tagging or card format. Have you run anything to clean the card. This doesn't get rid of files but can correct errors.

Nope, haven't tried to clean the card before as I always use this card with different players without any issue in the past.

Apr 21, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #6,352 of 6,795
I don' think so. Probably a file issue. Troubleshooting is a bit a pita, but it's worth. Here's what I did: check what folders on your sd are not scanned, then add them on by one and every time do a complete scan. When it crashes you know what folder is guilty. Check art and tagging.

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #6,353 of 6,795
Hi,

I bought this ibasso dx80 this week.I am currently using audio technica cks77.I am looking for a iem suitable for dx80 sound.iBasso IT03 is appropriate? Could you suggest me a iem or earbuds under 300$? The music I listen to is usually electro house,progressive house and dance.Thank you in advance for helping.

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #6,354 of 6,795
Hi,

I bought this ibasso dx80 this week.I am currently using audio technica cks77.I am looking for a iem suitable for dx80 sound.iBasso IT03 is appropriate?

DX80+IT03 is a wonderful couple! But tastes are different...

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #6,355 of 6,795
I don' think so. Probably a file issue. Troubleshooting is a bit a pita, but it's worth. Here's what I did: check what folders on your sd are not scanned, then add them on by one and every time do a complete scan. When it crashes you know what folder is guilty. Check art and tagging.

So far every folder i've clicked on seems fine but some songs can't be scanned fully, just freezes...

Apr 22, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #6,360 of 6,795

I will make sure you are covered. I just hope it shows up and sorry for the delay.

If anyone ever had any doubt that iBasso is dedicated to customer service...

While I am certain they have no official policy to this effect, when my DX80 was lost in transit from U.S. to China, iBasso went out of their way to remedy the issue and reduce the sting of losing the unit.  This loss in shipping was in no way iBasso's fault (and more my own for not sending the package tracked/insured..which I will not do again).  Such service and customer care is above and beyond...thank you iBasso Team! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back