iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Apr 14, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #6,316 of 6,795
Hello Guys, I have procured a DX80 and have been using it for a few weeks now. It is well past the Burn in period. But the vocals and mids still sound a bit recessed to me. I currently have only one earphones and a pair of AKG K240 MKll headphones and they both give the same result with DX80. What should I do now?
Thanks.

Vocals and Mids definitely shouldn't sound recessed. Perhaps try turning off the equalizer?  

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #6,317 of 6,795
Every time I'm away from my work rig for a few days I'm always amazed at how great the DX80 is with my PM-3. I get an itch to upgrade sometimes, but after a few hours of listening I put those thoughts to rest and just buy more music. It's such a fantastic and powerful sound. No idea how more people don't jump for this DAP. I guess so many people just want BT and android interfaces. Blech.

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #6,322 of 6,795
I have to send mine back for a battery replacement but cannot till tuesday as it is a Bank holiday weekend here. But will be so glad to get it back it is such a great dap

Apr 15, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #6,326 of 6,795
I'm sending mine from the UK but will send it registered. Mine is a first batch one as I bought it soon as it came out, as I liked the DX50 so much

Apr 15, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #6,328 of 6,795
Hello Guys, I have procured a DX80 and have been using it for a few weeks now. It is well past the Burn in period. But the vocals and mids still sound a bit recessed to me. I currently have only one earphones and a pair of AKG K240 MKll headphones and they both give the same result with DX80. What should I do now?
Thanks.

The k 240 ii is tuned to be fairly flat, neutral and only for monitoring - They are not really designed for consumer use. 
The DX80 is a phenominal player that punches way above its price point, Your main weakness here is your headphone.  I have used the 240M on the DX80 and it sounds very dull and unmusical. However using the 240 DF - the player sounds very good indeed even though the 240DF is one the hardest phones out there to drive to its full potential.
Headphones that are known to have a sweet midrange sounds superb on the DX80. for example the Sennheiser HD 530 is hard to beat with this player
There will always be a synergy between any particular headphone and a player.
If you can - take your player to a shop where you can demo different headphones  - There is world of eargasms waiting for you when you find the right headphone !!

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #6,330 of 6,795
Fellow DX80 owners...I sent my DX80 from U.S. to Ibasso-China for repairs via U.S. First Class Mail. After 6 weeks it is still a no show at their offices. I fear my unit is lost...has anyone had shipping take longer to get to Ibasso?

6 weeks sound ridiculous. I sure hope this is not the normal.
In any case I hope you opted for the insurance..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back