iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jun 5, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #4,666 of 6,795
  Wow, you're a lucky man. Congratulations, both on the wife and the DX80 
smile.gif

That's one of the kindest things I've ever seen anyone post online. Thank you. I'll be sure to pass your compliment on to my wife, who is by far my better. She's gorgeous, extremely intelligent, possesses multiple Master's degrees, and has the best heart out of anyone I've ever met. I married well above my pay grade and I damn well know it.

The DX80 is just icing on the cake at this point. As far as the Dignis case is concerned, I have one for my DX90 and it's held up nearly as well through considerable use as the exposed metal edges of the DAP's top. I would never want to own a DAP without a case this sexy and rugged to protect it. Absolutely worth the advertised cost.

Jun 5, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #4,667 of 6,795
  Today my wife surprised me by ordering me a DX80 and Dignis case. My DX90's phone out jack just started acting up recently and despite having the internal connections re-soldered it might need repairs at the source. My new toy arrives Monday, which cannot come soon enough! I've already downloaded Lurker0's firmware mods for 1.3.3, 1.4.0, and 1.4.2 in advance.

Impressions forthcoming.

That was very wonderful of her. Enjoy.
smile.gif

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 5, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #4,668 of 6,795

That was very wonderful of her. Enjoy.
smile.gif

She is a wonderful woman. I absolutely intend to.

Paul, while I've got you on the line, my DX90's headphone out jack is "touchy" in that rotating the cable causes the sound to drop in and out in the right channel. It's out of warranty but I still want to get you guys to fix it; however, I've also had the hardware modded internally by SanMigel. At this point, will iBasso touch it at all—even for a paid repair?

Jun 6, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #4,675 of 6,795
It is pathetic that iBasso has not released a firmware update that fixes the garbage (reboot while scanning) problems that 1.4.2 introduced--and that people like me are stuck running 1.3.3 while iBasso works on FW for their next hardware release. I know that shame is not a concept that is compatible with today's fast-paced business models, but iBasso should be ashamed that their programmer is so bad. Fire that person, and hire someone who understands the software.

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #4,676 of 6,795
I'm a developer. Sometimes it's not easy to replicate a specific problem. Specially in this case, maybe you are loading a lot of GB in files. If they don't have that problem there in their test conditions, they can't fix it.

And for you to understand better, I think they're doing the scanning in a different way. So, new possible problems. And it's hard to catch them all in test conditions. Some come in live usage by real users.

Ultimately, they should tell their Quality Assurance Engineer/tester to be more creative in trying to catch possible problems.

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #4,678 of 6,795
for some strange reason im encountering the same scan problem at the moment. after the update to 1.4.2, everything was ok, also scanning and rescanning of my two 128GB sandisk cards. but some days ago i added some music to card one and rescanned it. after 28% the dx80 stuck at scanning and rebooted. reflashing the FW via the bootloader and reformatting the cards didn't solve the problem. 

i also scanned all the music files for corrupt or bad files with no findings...  

another strange thing is that after i inserted a freshly formatted card to the dx80, booted it and connected the dx80 as card reader to my notebook, win10 states that there is a problem with this card, although the card was perfectly fine before i put it into the dx80... 

so im checking earlier versions of the FW... 

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #4,679 of 6,795
  for some strange reason im encountering the same scan problem at the moment. after the update to 1.4.2, everything was ok, also scanning and rescanning of my two 128GB sandisk cards. but some days ago i added some music to card one and rescanned it. after 28% the dx80 stuck at scanning and rebooted. reflashing the FW via the bootloader and reformatting the cards didn't solve the problem. 

i also scanned all the music files for corrupt or bad files with no findings...  

another strange thing is that after i inserted a freshly formatted card to the dx80, booted it and connected the dx80 as card reader to my notebook, win10 states that there is a problem with this card, although the card was perfectly fine before i put it into the dx80... 

so im checking earlier versions of the FW... 

I have passed this on to our SW team. Have you tried the card in any other device since formatting and loading it with music?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back