iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jan 10, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #1,876 of 6,795
  Had anyone received their Dignis iBasso DX80 leather casing 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Would love to see an impression!

No.  Ordered January 7.  Due to arrive in 2-3 weeks...

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #1,877 of 6,795

Hi Paul, FYI. I've just tried 1pc 128Gb Strontium Nitro (SRN128GTFU1T) formatted to FAT32. It's worse, playback just stopped randomly.

Also, library rescan is not 100%, this issue persists from day 1.

Looking forward to a fix soon.

Have you tried a factory reset? Are the music files on the new card the same files that were on your older card?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 10, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #1,878 of 6,795

Have you tried a factory reset? Are the music files on the new card the same files that were on your older card?

1. Factory reset each time I change cards.
2. Music files are identical on different cards. (Folders are 2 layers deep - \Artist\Album, one jpeg file in each album folder, all 16/44.1 WAV rips)
3. When rescan library, unit goes blank perhaps reset (heard relay clicked) when progress reaches 20%.

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #1,879 of 6,795
  Anyway, to get back on topic I will explain how I use my DX80.

1) Only use 16/44 FLAC files
2) x1 64GB micro sd card (only one slot used)
3) Browse by directory 'only'
4 No repeat, no shuffle, just play in 'order'

Besides some of my album art not showing (even after some checking on the issue with MP3Tag) I really don't have any major concerns with my DX80 unit. I run 1.1.4 firmware and it doesn't exhibit any major problems. I'm not saying its the same for everyone because obviously we're using the player for different tasks. In my situation, limited file variety its smooth sailing.

Atm I use DX80 with Aurisonics ASG-2 for about a 4-5 days now every night.

This is how I've been using the unit as well. (and all units in the past) I have a folder with each artist, which contains their albums and I play album by album which I retrieve through the directory. The only two things that frustrate me are not being able to play through folders and the abrupt way the final song on an album ends. Paul said they're working on a fix for the latter but I haven't heard anything with regards to the former.

Jan 10, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #1,881 of 6,795
@ Paul. Can a new fw update perhaps accommodate a software based Hold switch? I use my dx80 and dx90 at the gym, and do sometimes inadvertently hit one of the hard buttons on the front. A software based Hold switch for the dx80, that approximates the hard Hold switch on the dx90, would be so helpful, but I don't know if it can be configured via software. Thanks.

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #1,883 of 6,795
On the face of it a software Hold\Lock seems feasible. Perhaps have it as an option which you can turn on or off.
When the screen turns off, all buttons are disabled other than the power button, so you can turn the screen back on via a click of the power button

Jan 10, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #1,885 of 6,795
Been lurking for a few weeks and appreciate the useful conversation and information that's been provided.  My new dx80 should be arriving tomorrow.  Has anyone heard an update about when the next FW release will happen?  

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #1,886 of 6,795
  Been lurking for a few weeks and appreciate the useful conversation and information that's been provided.  My new dx80 should be arriving tomorrow.  Has anyone heard an update about when the next FW release will happen?  

A new FW should be out today.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back