iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jan 7, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #1,801 of 6,795
Jan 7, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #1,805 of 6,795
I took it off eBay, I sell only in the US.

I have a question, can I plug my dx80 to the Mojo, via a micro usb (male) to micro usb (male)?

Sorry I can't answer the question but could somebody explain the rationale behind connecting the dx80 to a mojo DAC?
I'm a bit of a newbie in this area but I had understood that the mojo was designed to up the audio quality of smartphones and computers. Will it really deliver £400's worth of improvement to a DX80? If it does I could easily be persuaded to go down this road.....

Jan 7, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #1,806 of 6,795
Sorry I can't answer the question but could somebody explain the rationale behind connecting the dx80 to a mojo DAC?
I'm a bit of a newbie in this area but I had understood that the mojo was designed to up the audio quality of smartphones and computers. Will it really deliver £400's worth of improvement to a DX80? If it does I could easily be persuaded to go down this road.....

The Mojo is much better sound quality (collective opinion) over dx80,, I connect the Mojo to dx80 via a coaxial and it sounds super, but I rather connect via usb

Jan 7, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #1,807 of 6,795
The Mojo is much better sound quality (collective opinion) over dx80,, I connect the Mojo to dx80 via a coaxial and it sounds super, but I rather connect via usb

Collective not of mine. I like the Mojo and it does sound different and very good but on some music I find the DX80 to sound more open and on some the Mojo pulls out great sound. 

Jan 7, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #1,808 of 6,795
I think what Gerryhatrick means, is if you own a quality product like the DX80, why would you want to use a Mojo? If you're going to just use the Mojo, buy something fairly cheap and small like the Fiio X1, or Sansa Clip, and enjoy.. I don't think it was a question, I think it was just "Food for thought" or perhaps, just speaking logically to save someone some money.. If I wanted to spend $1k on a Mojo, I'm hooking it up to a smartphone of my choice and calling it a day.. UI and sound.. But.. That's not what I'm doing.. I'm waiting on the the iBasso DX80 to come in, so I can enjoy it for what it's worth! In my opinion, I am buying a Dap so I don't have to carry a stacked unit anymore.. Like my HTC One X+ and Fiio E12A combo, or iPhone 6 E12A.. Each one was fine by itself.. Adding a headphone amp, just gave it the power it needed to not be anemic.. I'm guessing that's all that is meant..

Jan 7, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #1,809 of 6,795
Question about OTG. When you plug a source into the usb using OTG cable or adapter, does a prompt automatically come up? I have various adapters with both thumb drives and micro sd's that used to all work on a Fiio. None seem to be recognized at all and wondering if I'm missing something. For my purpose, really need OTG to work. Just got this today and depending on that whether I keep it or not.

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #1,810 of 6,795
Question about OTG. When you plug a source into the usb using OTG cable or adapter, does a prompt automatically come up? I have various adapters with both thumb drives and micro sd's that used to all work on a Fiio. None seem to be recognized at all and wondering if I'm missing something. For my purpose, really need OTG to work. Just got this today and depending on that whether I keep it or not.

No OTG doesn't work for most people. See my recent post and thread. IBasso say this will be fixed in the next FW update. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but IBasso are pretty good at fixing bugs so hang on for a bit.

Maybe Paul can update us on an ETA

Jan 7, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #1,812 of 6,795

Users who are viewing this thread

Back