iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Aug 26, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #5,375 of 6,795
I enjoy the hell out of this device. I usually don't go for DAPs that aren't Android or wifi capable, but the optical/digital output, dual SD cards, combination of touch screen and playback buttons, and file playback capabilities makes this all add up make a great device for its asking price, and a DAP that compliments today's smartphones. I bring my DX80/D14 Bushmaster rig with me just about anywhere I can. If I'm at the desk and want to stream music, I simply attach my LG-V10 to the DX80 via micro to micro otg, using the DX80 as an external DAC (with a slightly warmer and more musical sound than my V10). If I want to really pump up the output power I will go line out to the Bushmaster. Looks like a bomb, and the sound is the bomb!

The versatility is great.

If the DX200 can take all of these aspects and make the touch screen more user friendly, add wifi/network capabilities, Bluetooth, a balanced line out, and maybe a analog volume pot, it will be a pretty amazing device for sure.

The latest offerings seem to often be repeats of older models stuffed into a new shell. After seeing what ibasso is capable of creating with the DX80 (which sells for only $350 USD) I have faith that their flagship will kick butt.

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #5,377 of 6,795
I've had this DAP for over a month now and it's been quite an upgrade from Ipod. I did the update to FW 1.5.2 right away but I've noticed two things. First, battery drains pretty fast so I'm not sure if it will actually last 10 - 12 hours as mentioned (I used basically flac and a few mp3 files). Second, I've noticed that with some files the dap stops playing 6 seconds before the end of the song. The files play fine in computer. I'll be updating to 1.5.8 to see what happens.

Another thing that annoys me (not a bug but a user problem if you like LOL) is that I keep deleting the files when I touch the screen by mistake (remember: Ipod user). It would be nice to have an option at the Advanced menu like: Allow / Do Not Allow file delete.

Aug 26, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #5,378 of 6,795
I have a few questions about this unit..
My first problem I am having is that I can not get this thing to play as a DAC on my iMac. 
The process I have to use to get it to register on my pc is to set it to reader. Turn it off, then on again and then plug it into the computer. If I change modes and then hook it to the computer before turning it off then on again it will not be recognized at all. 
I tried the same with DAC mode but it did nothing. What do I have to do to get this to play as a DAC?

2nd thing is just a question.. Will this device play out through the USB and integrate with my car stereo? iPod is simple plug into USB and it works great.. I was surely hoping this would do the same thing.

Aug 28, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #5,382 of 6,795
now waiting for my dx80 from supplier, having battery issue. 
triportsad.gif

Aug 28, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #5,383 of 6,795
Just did a quick try, as someone said before, sorting bug is half fixed
They fixed 6 second cut bug on last song of a list, that is fine; still a gfx glitch when changing gain, filter, gapless settings.
I think we are almost there, come on Ibasso!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back