iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jan 7, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #1,791 of 6,795
Hiss during playback. I can turn the volume to 0 and hear hiss while something is playing. A little disappointing as I don't have that issue with other devices, like the DX90. Using my IE800's is much better - very little hiss at 0 volume, unnoticeable hiss at normal playback volumes. Then somewhat higher impedance headphones like DT1350 no hiss at all.

Jan 7, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #1,794 of 6,795
I'm definitely curious to find out if those folks getting a replacement device due to hiss with their SE846's or other headphones find that the issue doesn't occur with the new device. That might be the route I need to go.

I returned my original dx80 and received a new one, same Problem.

Keep. In mind se846 is a sensitive low. Impedance iem.

Mojo makes it bliss (however se846 is a little bland for me, need something funner)

Trying Angie next

Jan 7, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #1,795 of 6,795
I returned my original dx80 and received a new one, same Problem.

Keep. In mind se846 is a sensitive low. Impedance iem.

Mojo makes it bliss (however se846 is a little bland for me, need something funner)

Trying Angie next

I have the Mojo as well.  It does take care of the hiss for me. Only issue I have, using coax-out to the Mojo, are pops when sample rate changes between files. That isn't limited to the DX80 though - it happens on other devices as well.  It doesn't seem harmful but it is annoying.  But that's probably better left to a Mojo thread.

Jan 7, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #1,796 of 6,795

At least for my ears I can't notice any hiss at al when using the SE846 with the DX80. 

I stand corrected. I listened with low volume and compared it with my DX90. There is a slight hiss with my DX80/SE846. The DX90 is all quiet. When I listen with my Oppo PM 1 or EL8C it's not noticeable.  The impedance of the SE846 is 9 ohms, so it is very sensitive indeed. The sound quality of the SE846 with the DX80 is so much completer than with the DX90, so for me it's a bit disappointing but not a major problem.

Jan 7, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #1,797 of 6,795
I have the Mojo as well.  It does take care of the hiss for me. Only issue I have, using coax-out to the Mojo, are pops when sample rate changes between files. That isn't limited to the DX80 though - it happens on other devices as well.  It doesn't seem harmful but it is annoying.  But that's probably better left to a Mojo thread.

I've asked it in mojo thread and people are blaming th4 source so dx80, I've posted it here too and hopefully there will be a software update to fix it.. I tried other DAPs with mojo and none have that issue... It's a dx80 prob

Jan 7, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #1,798 of 6,795
I've asked it in mojo thread and people are blaming th4 source so dx80, I've posted it here too and hopefully there will be a software update to fix it.. I tried other DAPs with mojo and none have that issue... It's a dx80 prob

Ok - looks like that may be the case.  Just tried it with X3, no issues changing sampling rates with the Mojo.

Jan 7, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #1,800 of 6,795
  You have plenty more volume on the Dx80 that you haven't used. Some of my phones I go to 120 and that doesn't affect sound quality, it just means the headphones need more power and has nothing to do with needing an external amplifier. The P5 is excellent and competes with my desktop amp so what you get is a portable with desktop performance and the ability to change out op amps and buffers. 

I have had no issue with any of my 20 micro cards from 8gb to 200gb that are formatted in FAT32 or exFat. I have no issues with the software reading them but did have a few tag issues that I dealt with. 

Thanks for your answer, I've tried with a Sandisk Ex-fat formatted and it's worst than FAT32, it's lagging, and I have little jumps on the tracks :frowning2: ... I really wonder if it doesn't come from the hardware himself. It seems that I'm not the only one in this case...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back