iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Feb 9, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #1,456 of 1,489
Hi Paul,

will these issues still be solved in next firmware for DX80:
- Sorting Bug: When playing music via playlist. After power off and on the titles in the playlist are in alphabetical order.
- automatically scan chosen folder with playlists and import every playlist automatically
- if playlists are changed in e.g. foobar, new playlist should overwrite old playlist at import. At this time nothing happens when importing changed playlists. Or
- just scan playlist folder for new or changed playlists and automatically import them (and overwrite older) :)
- in playlist overview, alphabetical order of playlists, not import order as it seems to be now
- maybe searching in artists, albums or all music first selection of a character and then jump to artist, albums starting with this character (would be very useful with many albums or artists, in my DX80 I have two sd cards, 256GB and 400GB with many music on it and it works great :) )

Thank you

Feb 10, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #1,457 of 1,489
We are still working with the DX80 FW. If you have a couple of songs that cause this problem could you please upload them to WeTransfer and send me the link to paul@ibasso.com? I will have our guys work on this.

I have figured out the tags issues - not a big deal. The other issues I have mentioned seem to happen at completely random times and are not related to specific files or resolutions. These were not fixed with a factory reset. I have discovered the current track number as 1/0 (when you tap the album art twice) bug happens to regular resolution files too. The progress bar issue seems to be limited to hi resolution files. If needed I can supply you with images or further reports.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #1,458 of 1,489
Hey, have I missed any new updates on getting rid of the pops/clicks when changing track? Doesn't seem to happen when the song moves naturally to the next, only when I am changing tracks manually.

I am using the most recent firmware.
Hi all,

I recently purchased a DX80 which came with f/w 1.3.3 loaded. I upgraded to 1.6.0.
I noticed the pop/thud when skipping tracks like some others on this thread.
It doesn't happen all the time but pretty often, and it is audible thru my headphones as well as through the DSP in my car (when I use the optical output of the DX80), so it must be getting introduced before the DAC section.
It's really objectionable in the car due to my subwoofer, and the car is going to be the DX80's main use.

I contacted Paul and he recommended performing a factory reset - which I did but it didn't help.
I have also tried gapless and both fast and slow rolloff. Nothing so far has eliminated the thumps.

Does anyone have a working recipe to remove the skipping track "thump"?

Hi guys, I am facing the same problems as you are as well.

@Paul - iBasso any information on this issue please? It has been some time already.

Apr 23, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #1,460 of 1,489
I’ve just bought the DX80 last week, and while I’m VERY happy with it’s sound, I encountered a big problem.
I use 2x254gb cards – the first with my library from A-K and the second with L-Z.
Now, my problem is this:
When I scan the cards, only one of them is accepted – that is, the DX80 start to scan the second, only to stop after a minute or so.
If I use the factory reset and scan card no. 2 first, then everything is fine and dandy, but the same happens when I then scan the first.
Furthermore, I can’t even go to the directory and do the a media scanning for the missing albums – It scans the chosen song/album alright, but when reaching 100% nothing happens.
It’s like the DX80 only want a certain amount of songs in its library.
My firmware is the 1.6.0… what am I doing wrong?!

Apr 23, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #1,461 of 1,489
I’ve just bought the DX80 last week, and while I’m VERY happy with it’s sound, I encountered a big problem.
I use 2x254gb cards – the first with my library from A-K and the second with L-Z.
Now, my problem is this:
When I scan the cards, only one of them is accepted – that is, the DX80 start to scan the second, only to stop after a minute or so.
If I use the factory reset and scan card no. 2 first, then everything is fine and dandy, but the same happens when I then scan the first.
Furthermore, I can’t even go to the directory and do the a media scanning for the missing albums – It scans the chosen song/album alright, but when reaching 100% nothing happens.
It’s like the DX80 only want a certain amount of songs in its library.
My firmware is the 1.6.0… what am I doing wrong?!

I see this when there's file issue. Take out the working micro SD and scan only the non-working one. See which folder and which song was the last scanned. Then remove that folder that it was stuck on and you'll see it continue to scan. Repeat till it finishes and try to see why those files are crashing the scan thread. (usually issue with file name, or corrupted mp3 etc)

Apr 23, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #1,462 of 1,489
I see this when there's file issue. Take out the working micro SD and scan only the non-working one. See which folder and which song was the last scanned. Then remove that folder that it was stuck on and you'll see it continue to scan. Repeat till it finishes and try to see why those files are crashing the scan thread. (usually issue with file name, or corrupted mp3 etc)

Thanks for the reply.
But I’ve already tried that.
Both cards are working fine - when I scan card 1, card 2 won’t scan and vice versa.
I also switched position of the cards in the two slots with no result.

Apr 23, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #1,463 of 1,489
Both cards are working fine - when I scan card 1, card 2 won’t scan and vice versa.
The most possible reason is not the number of tracks, but the volume required to store all the artwork. If you have artwork embedded into the tracks, you may try to remove them all, e.g. using Mp3Tag application, to see if it helps. In case of success, then you may add pics in separate jpg files, not more than 500x500 px (though DX80 supports bigger), one cover per album.

Nov 9, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #1,464 of 1,489
hello,
i have ibasso dx 80 ans firmware v1.6.
I'm facing a big problem because of the " slide to unlock screen " : every time i turn the volume up or down , use the equalizer, the slide bar appears and i have enormous difficulties to unlock it.(using the digital filter,the play mode, the gapless or the gain setting does not interact with the slide to unlock screen). If , finally, i can unlock it, it pops up again almost immediately at any try to slide the screen and even whithout any move from myself, and then, again, i have to unlock the slide bar.
I just can't use my ibasso anymore because i have to keep unlocking this slide bar for ever to change volume or album.
Can anyone help me solve this problem?
Otherwise, i'll have to get rid of my dx80

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #1,465 of 1,489
hello,
i have ibasso dx 80 ans firmware v1.6.
I'm facing a big problem because of the " slide to unlock screen " : every time i turn the volume up or down , use the equalizer, the slide bar appears and i have enormous difficulties to unlock it.(using the digital filter,the play mode, the gapless or the gain setting does not interact with the slide to unlock screen). If , finally, i can unlock it, it pops up again almost immediately at any try to slide the screen and even whithout any move from myself, and then, again, i have to unlock the slide bar.
I just can't use my ibasso anymore because i have to keep unlocking this slide bar for ever to change volume or album.
Can anyone help me solve this problem?
Otherwise, i'll have to get rid of my dx80

Thank you for your help.

have you re-install the fw?

Jan 2, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #1,466 of 1,489
Hey I think I got bugs when use line out mode from dx80, first is something similar happen when you touched discman that has no antishock mechanism or you are playing a dirty cd ( skipped or jumped about 1 sec in one track) randomly between playlist
Second is play button suddenly like pressed so the music just stop

Oct 14, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #1,467 of 1,489
Hi everyone,

I've been experiencing a weird issue the past few weeks with my iBasso DX80.
Actually, some audio files are disappearing from the Explorer menu and I have no idea why.
I'm using my DX80 with 2 MicroSD cards (1 Integral and 1 Kingston, both class 10 and 128gb of storage).
Both cards seem to work fine, when I scan them on Windows 10 there is no issue at all.
I'm using only 16/24bit FLAC audio files.

Description of the issue:
  • Some audio files disappear from Explorer menu
  • These files are still visible from Artist and Album menus, but cannot be played
  • If I connect the cards on my computer, the audio files are definitely gone from storage!
What I've done so far:
  • Firmware up-to-date (v1.6.0)
  • Both MicroSD cards reformatted entirely on Windows 10
In addition to all of that, the scan of both cards on the DX80 is working just fine.
Do you have any idea about what could cause this issue?
Or do you have any recommendations about what I could do next?

Best regards,
Aymeric

Oct 14, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #1,468 of 1,489
Hi everyone,

I've been experiencing a weird issue the past few weeks with my iBasso DX80.
Actually, some audio files are disappearing from the Explorer menu and I have no idea why.
I'm using my DX80 with 2 MicroSD cards (1 Integral and 1 Kingston, both class 10 and 128gb of storage).
Both cards seem to work fine, when I scan them on Windows 10 there is no issue at all.
I'm using only 16/24bit FLAC audio files.

Description of the issue:
  • Some audio files disappear from Explorer menu
  • These files are still visible from Artist and Album menus, but cannot be played
  • If I connect the cards on my computer, the audio files are definitely gone from storage!
What I've done so far:
  • Firmware up-to-date (v1.6.0)
  • Both MicroSD cards reformatted entirely on Windows 10
In addition to all of that, the scan of both cards on the DX80 is working just fine.
Do you have any idea about what could cause this issue?
Or do you have any recommendations about what I could do next?

Best regards,
Aymeric

A few things you can try...
You might have a corrupted area on the disks
If possible I would re-rip or use a different version of the files that are causing issues
For whatever reason sometimes there is issue with a specific file - It could be the file name is too long / foreign characters...not sure
Also - back up all your files and reformat the cards using the attached reformatting tool
I would also do a complete factory reset and then reinstall software followed by another factory reset

http://www.mediafire.com/file/43xmbz902f4q50d/toformattoFat32.zip/file

Attachments

• toformattoFat32 (1).zip
    31 KB · Views: 0
Oct 14, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #1,469 of 1,489
A few things you can try...
You might have a corrupted area on the disks
If possible I would re-rip or use a different version of the files that are causing issues
For whatever reason sometimes there is issue with a specific file - It could be the file name is too long / foreign characters...not sure
Also - back up all your files and reformat the cards using the attached reformatting tool
I would also do a complete factory reset and then reinstall software followed by another factory reset

http://www.mediafire.com/file/43xmbz902f4q50d/toformattoFat32.zip/file
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
I'll try to reformat both cards using the aforementioned tool as soon as I can.
About the potential corrupted area on the disks, I'm really not sure because I can scan both cards on the DX80 without having any issue.
If the scan would end before reaching 100%, it could be possible... To be sure, I'll try to scan both cards independently.

Oct 14, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #1,470 of 1,489
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
I'll try to reformat both cards using the aforementioned tool as soon as I can.
About the potential corrupted area on the disks, I'm really not sure because I can scan both cards on the DX80 without having any issue.
If the scan would end before reaching 100%, it could be possible... To be sure, I'll try to scan both cards independently.

The DX80 stores info on the unit from when it scans - maybe there is part of this process that gets corrupted?
Not sure. For now though it might be quicker just to leave off any files that seem bad
There are bugs like this that happened to me with certain files in the past. Still don't know what is wrong with them
but `i think its more likely that there has been a bug that occurred internally during use within the players software/daily usage ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back