iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Dec 14, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #256 of 1,489
  I am on the newest FW 1.1.4 and noticed the following bugs:

- The L/R Balance seems swaped (if i turn it to the left, the sound becomes more focused on the right channel vice versa)
- the album artwork on the list view with the 2 columns is really pixeled, even tough the artwork on the playing screen looks fine and not pixeled)

Maybe that could get fixed.

Yes, I noticed the album art re-sampling issue. pretty ugly.

Dec 15, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #258 of 1,489
Yesterday I have encountered something terrible in my DX80
frown.gif

Recently I have copied some FLACs to card1 through Cardreader mode.
card1: Transcend Premium 300x UHS-1 32GB FAT32 formatted (tested read speed is around 50~70MB/s)
Yesterday when I was listening those FLACs I heard some little "sparking" sound.
So I put it to computer cardreader find that read speed become terrible, so I thought it is due to bad card.

Today I brought another card, Kingston UHS-1 64GB exFAT formatted (tested read speed 60~80MB/s)
But "sparking" sound become much more terrible and nearly killing my ears...
confused_face.gif

Then I put it back to computer cardreader and play those music files, everything is normal.
I can't use dx80 now ...

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #259 of 1,489
  Yesterday I have encountered something terrible in my DX80
frown.gif

Recently I have copied some FLACs to card1 through Cardreader mode.
card1: Transcend Premium 300x UHS-1 32GB FAT32 formatted (tested read speed is around 50~70MB/s)
Yesterday when I was listening those FLACs I heard some little "sparking" sound.
So I put it to computer cardreader find that read speed become terrible, so I thought it is due to bad card.

Today I brought another card, Kingston UHS-1 64GB exFAT formatted (tested read speed 60~80MB/s)
But "sparking" sound become much more terrible and nearly killing my ears...
confused_face.gif

Then I put it back to computer cardreader and play those music files, everything is normal.
I can't use dx80 now ...

Have you tried a factory reset? You could also reinstall the FW and do a factory reset.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 15, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #260 of 1,489

Have you tried a factory reset? You could also reinstall the FW and do a factory reset.

I have factory reset twice after upgraded to 1.1.4.
if the system easy to get problem and need to factory reset again and again that also is a problem.

Now I'm testing with old 512MB microSD card with FAT32, without factory reset, it looks fine...
Hope you can make it more stable in the next firmware.

Previously I was mixing old 512MB card and 32GB/64GB card in DX80.  (microSD + SDHC/SDXC)
Will it also cause problem ?

Dec 15, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #261 of 1,489
  I have factory reset twice after upgraded to 1.1.4.
if the system easy to get problem and need to factory reset again and again that also is a problem.

Now I'm testing with old 512MB microSD card with FAT32, without factory reset, it looks fine...
Hope you can make it more stable in the next firmware.

Previously I was mixing old 512MB card and 32GB/64GB card in DX80.  (microSD + SDHC/SDXC)
Will it also cause problem ?

I have used FAT32 and exFat in each slot with no problem. With regards to cards, I haven't had any problem with 1.1.4 from 32gb to 200gb. 

Dec 16, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #263 of 1,489

I have used FAT32 and exFat in each slot with no problem. With regards to cards, I haven't had any problem with 1.1.4 from 32gb to 200gb. 

what kind of cards you are using ?
brand, type, etc.

I have tried factory reset DX80 again,
re-format card and copy music files,
still got some skipping while playing, and sparking suddenly...
looks like reading problem in the system.

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #264 of 1,489
@Paul I recently contacted ibasso customer services for my thump / pop noise issue they replied that they can make this issue gone but also make my dx80's Sq degraded, is that true?

What you are hearing is a very low volume sound from the caps being used. If you are hearing a pop sound that is loud, that is something else. The capacitors are part of the design on the DX80. They can be altered but the overall sound will degrade some.

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #265 of 1,489
  what kind of cards you are using ?
brand, type, etc.

I have tried factory reset DX80 again,
re-format card and copy music files,
still got some skipping while playing, and sparking suddenly...
looks like reading problem in the system.

Some of the newer SDXC will do this. We are working on a fix for this problem in a FW update.

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #266 of 1,489
What you are hearing is a very low volume sound from the caps being used. If you are hearing a pop sound that is loud, that is something else. The capacitors are part of the design on the DX80. They can be altered but the overall sound will degrade some.

it's variable thump noise with my dx80 not loud enough actually, it's the loudest coming from both channels of my cans then one side, the lowest thump noise that I heard similar like electric noise and sometimes it's disappear
Are 2A charger can be used to charge this unit?

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #267 of 1,489
Anytime I take my cards (128 GB SanDisk and 128 GB PNY, both latest models) out of the player and insert into card reader on Windows 7 windows reports something along the lines "corruption was detected, would you like to scan and fix. I select "yes" it then reports that issues were found and fixed in .audio 

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #268 of 1,489
it's variable thump noise with my dx80 not loud enough actually, it's the loudest coming from both channels of my cans then one side, the lowest thump noise that I heard similar like electric noise and sometimes it's disappear
Are 2A charger can be used to charge this unit?

Yes a 2 amp charger will work without problem. The DX80 will only take what it needs so higher amperage chargers are not a problem.

Anytime I take my cards (128 GB SanDisk and 128 GB PNY, both latest models) out of the player and insert into card reader on Windows 7 windows reports something along the lines "corruption was detected, would you like to scan and fix. I select "yes" it then reports that issues were found and fixed in .audio 

It could be that Windows is detecting something that in its program looks like an error. Do the cards play ok in the DX80? Do they do this with any other dap?

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #269 of 1,489
  Yes a 2 amp charger will work without problem. The DX80 will only take what it needs so higher amperage chargers are not a problem.

It could be that Windows is detecting something that in its program looks like an error. Do the cards play ok in the DX80? Do they do this with any other dap?

Cards play Ok (except randomly stops playing and i have to hit play again..). I used same cards in cowon plenue p1 and fiio x5 2nd  and did not experience this issue. I'm on the latest FW and cards are extFat. I reformatted them twice (once just using windows format and then with SDFormatter) still same issue.

Dec 16, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #270 of 1,489
  Cards play Ok (except randomly stops playing and i have to hit play again..). I used same cards in cowon plenue p1 and fiio x5 2nd  and did not experience this issue. I'm on the latest FW and cards are extFat. I reformatted them twice (once just using windows format and then with SDFormatter) still same issue.

The random playing problem will be fixed in the next FW. I am not sure why there are errors showing up but I have passed this to the software team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back