iBasso DX50 MODS
Mar 18, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #167 of 378
I just wanted to do a quick update for the "pop-killer-mod": link. (btw. this is no sound mod, it only removes the "pop" at startup)
I've been using this mod for almost 2 months now and I can say that it is working prefectly. It is not harming the player nor the headphones, in contrary it protects them.
I was in doupt that my reverse-engineered schematic part was not correct, but it was! I didn't see that @demem has linked the schematics of the whole amp section of the DX50 (well, missing some detail about amp model and cap sizes but thats iBasso politics).
Looking at the schematics showed me that my mod is absolutely correct and I don't understand why iBasso did not include from beginning this resisitor I added with the mod.

Thanks demem for sharing this shematics:

Mar 18, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #169 of 378

Thanks a lot 
smile.gif
. Just a small detail about the schematic (that I think are really done by you, arn't they?) the 2k2 resistor R26 i have measured to be on the R24 side of the Relay. For the rest, great work! It is difficult work to do reverse engineering! Thank you.

Mar 18, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #170 of 378
  Thanks a lot 
smile.gif
. Just a small detail about the schematic (that I think are really done by you, arn't they?) the 2k2 resistor R26 i have measured to be on the R24 side of the Relay. For the rest, great work! It is difficult work to do reverse engineering! Thank you.

You're right!
I desoldering relay and checked. The correct diagram:

Hi-res I replaced too.

Mar 18, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #171 of 378
Oh, so much work! I was too lazy, I measured over headphone cable when player was booting. But many thanks anyway!
By the way, the head-fi pictures are hi-res too (in "desktop" mode). Just press Original to see it. 

And an other quick question: If you are that handy with the soldering iron: did you do the mod?

Mar 27, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #172 of 378
Would sb direct me the link or show me how to disassemble the unit?  I was stuck after removing all the 7 screws.  I didn't want to crack or damage the chassis of the player.

Pls help.  Thanks in advance.

Mar 28, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #175 of 378
who already try muses8832?

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #176 of 378
B3H3MOT, have You already done simpler upgrades like capacitors? I would start with those first...

Mar 29, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #177 of 378
  B3H3MOT, have You already done simpler upgrades like capacitors? I would start with those first...

4 capasitor HO and 2 LO already replace with panasonic FC, i already replace some nano/ smd capasitor into blackgate, and the improve was so much
maybe no need to replace for awhile because after i try use stock firmware it became flat and abit natural, 
but microdetail not improve so much, so i think i will need replace the opamp
next mod maybe replace 3 opamp, and something....

Mar 29, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #179 of 378

4 capasitor HO and 2 LO already replace with panasonic FC, i already replace some nano/ smd capasitor into blackgate, and the improve was so much
maybe no need to replace for awhile because after i try use stock firmware it became flat and abit natural, 
but microdetail not improve so much, so i think i will need replace the opamp
next mod maybe replace 3 opamp, and something....

Ok. Btw, what cans/iems are You using? And did You try those upgrades with Sound Unlocked 1.3.3 or some DOC`s FW? Stock firmware isn`t good imo.
Only after HO/LO capacitor change I already got improvement in microdetail. Used Panasonic FC and didn`t change any smd caps. Atm, I don`t hear any need to mod anything else.

Mar 30, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #180 of 378
i already try it with SU 3.3 and 4.0
3.3 high became abit sharp it make me fast to tired
and 4.0 it bcame more forward
FAD Heaven 2 and EtyKids with triple flange from er4p or wetstone startips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back