iBasso DX50 MODS
Dec 2, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #361 of 378
Do you know if happens something to iBasso I have send a dx50 for service and after a few message by email they muted for 2 weeks now.
Do you mean that you have sent in your DX50 but have not had any updates? Normally we don't contact you until we have received what has been sent but you can always email me at paul@ibasso.com.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 2, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #362 of 378
I've recently been in touch with the ibasso customer services, all messages have had quick response times, the staff have been super helpful. I wanted some extra screen protectors and a silicon case.... a couple of emails, and all sorted out for me!

You probably just need to give it a day or two more.

But I'm sure @Paul - iBasso can help you if you're worried

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #365 of 378
@Paul - iBasso Paul I want to give my beloved DX50 (first batch bought from your website) a facelift. Can the front and back metal plate be ordered (if available)? Thanks
The front part of the DX50 or 90 is part of the screen. We no longer have the screen section/front for the DX50. The DX50 can look good with wear. Music on! And always, Enjoy the Music!

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 14, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #366 of 378
Does anybody here do the mods as I can't be trusted with a soldiering iron!?

Sep 13, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #367 of 378
Guys i've had the DX50 since 2013 (1st batch). I really love it but i would appreciate something with more punch in sq and maybe move in higher tier DAPwise. I bought the Hidizs AP80 since but i'm still drawn to the DX50. Maybe its the form factor, Rockbox and sound signature. I have recently been given the chance to score a DX90 for $150. Do you think its a great bargain? Being cash strapped since a while i have been slowly saving to get a better dap than the DX50. In my local market i can get the Fiio M11 for $350 and i'm holding off for maybe next year. Given the foregoing should i go for the DX90?

Sep 13, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #368 of 378
Guys i've had the DX50 since 2013 (1st batch). I really love it but i would appreciate something with more punch in sq and maybe move in higher tier DAPwise. I bought the Hidizs AP80 since but i'm still drawn to the DX50. Maybe its the form factor, Rockbox and sound signature. I have recently been given the chance to score a DX90 for $150. Do you think its a great bargain? Being cash strapped since a while i have been slowly saving to get a better dap than the DX50. In my local market i can get the Fiio M11 for $350 and i'm holding off for maybe next year. Given the foregoing should i go for the DX90?
150$ for DX90 is good price and I would take it... only if you have no skills and time to do mods on DX50 (which is the topic of thread) and turns it into "beast" :)
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ibasso-dx50-mods.720776/page-20#post-12652071

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #369 of 378
Well I just picked up a DX50 for $59 US shipped. I think I got a pretty good deal. Lets hope it is as advertised. I will probably just listen too it for a while and decide if I want to mod it. I have soldered in the past but never something as complicated as a board. Are there any of the mods that are no brainers and relatively easy?

Nov 9, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #370 of 378
Well I just picked up a DX50 for $59 US shipped. I think I got a pretty good deal. Lets hope it is as advertised. I will probably just listen too it for a while and decide if I want to mod it. I have soldered in the past but never something as complicated as a board. Are there any of the mods that are no brainers and relatively easy?
That`s really great deal! Just download latest firmware from ibasso webpage and enjoy.
Simplest hardware mod is to change HO and LO capacitors - cheap and relatively easy to do. Unsoldering is hardest part I would say. Only do mods if you find latest FW not pleasing your ears with not enough tight&punchy bass/percussion.

Nov 9, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #371 of 378
That`s really great deal! Just download latest firmware from ibasso webpage and enjoy.
Simplest hardware mod is to change HO and LO capacitors - cheap and relatively easy to do. Unsoldering is hardest part I would say. Only do mods if you find latest FW not pleasing your ears with not enough tight&punchy bass/percussion.

Have you tried Rockbox? Does that help sound quality or is Ibassos FW best. It only has version 1.5 nor. I think latest is 1.9.5. I'm already very happy with it. I just have a LG G6 for a source before this and it definitely blows that away.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #372 of 378
Have you tried Rockbox? Does that help sound quality or is Ibassos FW best. It only has version 1.5 nor. I think latest is 1.9.5. I'm already very happy with it. I just have a LG G6 for a source before this and it definitely blows that away.
Latest iBasso FW is great, no need for rockbox imho. If You use 1.5 now, certainly update to latest (which imo is best iBasso stock FW for DX50).

Sep 6, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #375 of 378

Users who are viewing this thread

Back