1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX50 MODS

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by babs, May 27, 2014.
First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last
  1. Reima
    Where did you get them?

2. polyrhythm
    Odered direct from Ibasso. I doubt they would want to get into the habit of supplying these though as they would understandibly want to handle 'repairs' etc themselves?

3. H20Fidelity Contributor

Sounds like DX90 sockets which are much better than the older DX50 units. Definitely better grip/hold/secure. One of my DX50 headphone out is becoming quite lazy. Will need replacing pretty soon I imagine.

4. Mayth
    Hey guys,

Been tweaking my DX50 with many many firmwares as I received my new Momentum 2.0. After 1 week, I found that SU 1.4 is the one I prefer.

I'm highly interested in upgrading capacitors tho seeing everyone seems to notice an improvement. 

So let me recap, I should buy 6 Panasonic FC 220uF 10V and replace the LO/HO capacitors shown in the first post ? 

5. CoiL
    4x 220uF 10V (HO) + 2x 100uF 10V (LO) are correct values. I have no idea where did You read "6x 220uF 25V".

6. Mayth
    Oh, Okay I thought they were all the same. I'm going to order these then.
    Anything I should know before doing it ?

7. CoiL
    Just make sure You know into what You are getting to (how to fully open DX50 and how to (de)solder).

8. Mayth
    I already had to open it and desolder the Phone out that was moving, my dad did it perfectly.

9. CoiL
    So, if You have the parts, then there shouldn`t be problems.

10. Mayth
    Oh crap,

I just realized the one I was about to order are 25V  : http://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/condensateurs-chimiques-panasonic/panasonic-condensateur-low-esr-220uf-25v-105deg-p-5684.html . 

The will not work properly, I need 10V caps, right ? 

11. cholero
    They work but probably dont fit inside the player. The space is very limited.
    They are 8mm diameter, and should be 6.3. Sounds like litte but they wont fit I think.

get exactly the EEUFC1A221S
    even the EEUFC1A221 don't fit well because the're longer

12. Mayth
    Alright, thanks for the fast answer cholero. 

Which makes : 4x 220uF 10V (HO) : EEUFC1A221S
                          2x 100uF 10V (LO) :  EEUFC1A101S  

Right ? 

13. cholero
    For Lineout I dont know
    image.jpg
    At maximum it is possible to take 2 -S and 2 non-S of the Panasonic FC for headphone out. I've just changed them now :)

14. CoiL
    I`m not sure if those larger ones are same sounding but since You run them parallel with shorter ones, shouldn`t affect sound much even if they are littlebit different.
    Don`t forget to share Your impressions! :wink:

15. cholero
    Sorry I'm not one of those who are able describe sound differences or maybe even hear them. That is why I'm very thankful for all the cap tests you've done. Now I just had to pick the best sonding one and I'm happy. The larger ones I've ordered wrong first but since they have slightly better specs I decided to take them.

First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last