iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jun 4, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #13,081 of 14,577
Hello.

Attachments

• 20220604_130720.jpg
    20220604_130720.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Jun 4, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #13,082 of 14,577
What I love with AMP12EXN is that you don't need very high volume for bass impact and punchy sound, not the case with M17...
Details and clarity are awesome too with AMP12EXN. Thanks again to Steven and Withigir!!

Jun 4, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #13,084 of 14,577
I told you all that the dx312EXN is on a flagship level. Its not maybe 100% on the level of the best of the best like Cayin n8ii but even if its 90-95% there, how an amazing deal it is!
The 320 is almost there- only a couple min and it will be in my hands!
I know, but we are looking for the holy graal even if, somewhere, we know is already in our hands :wink:

Jun 4, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #13,086 of 14,577
And sorry again for my english, I don't use translators, just my knowledge learned a loooooong time ago (and partially forgotten) at school :sweat_smile: humm about fourty years ago ouch! :sob:
Your english is perfect, no worries:)
So now im listening the dx320 and its better than the 300. Just better dacs. But the dx300 is still amazing. The soundstage is very very close, the dx300 is warmer, so very musical. I bet, with the amp13, the dx300 is still a TOTL player so no needs for an upgrade imho.
For those who are looking for even more dynamics and clarity, the dx320 is the way to go.
The dx312EX/EXN, 313 are up on top anyways. Amazing series from IBasso.

Jun 4, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #13,087 of 14,577
Just wondering
Should you upgrade from a DX300 to a DX320 ?
Or spent $ 1,600.00 / $ 2,000.00 on a new pair of headphones or IEM ?
What's the best upgrade of both for you ... 🤔
Good question - I was thinking exactly this.

There's much (interesting) debate here about whether to get different amps, or a 320, or even another brand of DAP.

There is also some discussion of a relatively limited number of IEMs compared to what's available - even given what's available in different countries.

The question I ask myself is 'how much do I have to spend to get a noticeable improvement in sound quality'? This could be the DAP, or earphones of some type, a cable, an amp.... etc

Hearing the opinions of others is useful, but I'd have to be really persuaded by a broad consensus or authoritative sources to splash out what I consider to be a significant amount of money on something I hadn't tried. That's why I plan to go to Canjam in July to try to find out with my own ears.

I'd ask that if you're expressing views on the relative merits of gear it would be useful to know whether the views expressed are based on personal experience of the hardware, on reading what others say, or just speculation.

When I bought my Andromeda 2020 IEMs I went to a shop in London with the DAP and compared with Shure SE846 (which I had previously), Meze, Sennheiser 900, and maybe something else. So I was able to make a personal assessment - I know not everyone has that luxury available to them. So I can say I liked them most, on a short comparison. Whether I'd get the same result with a different amp or DAP I have no way of knowing, so I'm cautious about making absolutate statements of comparison.

Thanks for all the chat.

Jun 4, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #13,088 of 14,577
Good question - I was thinking exactly this.

There's much (interesting) debate here about whether to get different amps, or a 320, or even another brand of DAP.

There is also some discussion of a relatively limited number of IEMs compared to what's available - even given what's available in different countries.

The question I ask myself is 'how much do I have to spend to get a noticeable improvement in sound quality'? This could be the DAP, or earphones of some type, a cable, an amp.... etc

Hearing the opinions of others is useful, but I'd have to be really persuaded by a broad consensus or authoritative sources to splash out what I consider to be a significant amount of money on something I hadn't tried. That's why I plan to go to Canjam in July to try to find out with my own ears.

I'd ask that if you're expressing views on the relative merits of gear it would be useful to know whether the views expressed are based on personal experience of the hardware, on reading what others say, or just speculation.

When I bought my Andromeda 2020 IEMs I went to a shop in London with the DAP and compared with Shure SE846 (which I had previously), Meze, Sennheiser 900, and maybe something else. So I was able to make a personal assessment - I know not everyone has that luxury available to them. So I can say I liked them most, on a short comparison. Whether I'd get the same result with a different amp or DAP I have no way of knowing, so I'm cautious about making absolutate statements of comparison.

Thanks for all the chat.
I fully agree with this. Testing before buying is absolutely the best way to go, sadly not everyone has the opportunity. Where I live, there are basically no audiophile stores. My best bet to try headphones or IEMs, are through a friend that makes reviews for Headphonics. I got my EST112 and the IT-07 with his help, had the time to sit down and listen before making a decision. While trusting others opinions I'm the matter generally works, most of the time you can see a general trend of opinions and such. It's always nicer to formulate your own based on your preferences. Wish I had a Canjam near me :frowning2:

As for the DX320, without even trying it, I am of the opinion that an upgrade is not necessary. While the sound may definitely get better, I would save my money and spend it in some nicer headphones or IEMs. The audio source is already amazing enough, it's better to focus your budget someplace else. If budget is not an issue then what the hell, go get it haha.

Jun 4, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #13,089 of 14,577
I fully agree with this. Testing before buying is absolutely the best way to go, sadly not everyone has the opportunity. Where I live, there are basically no audiophile stores. My best bet to try headphones or IEMs, are through a friend that makes reviews for Headphonics. I got my EST112 and the IT-07 with his help, had the time to sit down and listen before making a decision. While trusting others opinions I'm the matter generally works, most of the time you can see a general trend of opinions and such. It's always nicer to formulate your own based on your preferences. Wish I had a Canjam near me :frowning2:

As for the DX320, without even trying it, I am of the opinion that an upgrade is not necessary. While the sound may definitely get better, I would save my money and spend it in some nicer headphones or IEMs. The audio source is already amazing enough, it's better to focus your budget someplace else. If budget is not an issue then what the hell, go get it haha.
Im not sure with you. Dx 320 is a big step higher. Sorry only my thinking.

Jun 4, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #13,090 of 14,577
Im not sure with you. Dx 320 is a big step higher. Sorry only my thinking.
It might, but is it really a necessary upgrade? If you are looking for something more endgame, then probably yeah. But my logic is more along the fact that I should just enjoy the one I have plus save myself a few bucks. It wasn't until a few days ago that everyone thought the DX312EX to be basically a TOTL dap, now the DX320 is out but that doesn't make the previous iteration any less of an amazing device. Still hooked on the AMP13 btw haha, really enjoyable experience. It probably does even more magic on the DX320.

Jun 4, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #13,091 of 14,577
It's all personal taste. For example, I prefer AMP11.2 to AMP12, which is somewhat different from most people around here.
For quite a few of my head gear devices, I totally agree with you, so you have at least one in your corner... :)
It might, but is it really a necessary upgrade? If you are looking for something more endgame, then probably yeah. But my logic is more along the fact that I should just enjoy the one I have plus save myself a few bucks. It wasn't until a few days ago that everyone thought the DX312EX to be basically a TOTL dap, now the DX320 is out but that doesn't make the previous iteration any less of an amazing device. Still hooked on the AMP13 btw haha, really enjoyable experience. It probably does even more magic on the DX320.
Well said sir!

I don't believe the correct term for the DX320 is better anyhow IMO. As mentioned earlier, I believe that we have pretty much reached a plateau where if there IS room for improvement in sound quality, diminishing returns makes you need to be OCD (a bit) to feel the NEED to upgrade if you already have and enjoy your DX300. That leaves out those that just love getting new toys and such, and I am certainly not accusing anyone of having mental issues if they want to get the DX320 after owning the DX300... :)

Bottom line is that, while tempted with the DX320 (because it WOULD be a new toy to play with), I am more than happy with the DX300, and I have still not even had my amp12 card modded, nor heard amp13 yet... That ability to change the sound of this thing with the removal of two screws makes it new and refreshed any time I want. In my mind, what more could you want? Oh, and there is a little thing out there that can help you tweak the sound to the way you like it should it be JUST a tad off, and it doesn't cost $1500 to $2000 to get. It is called EQ... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

After all we are talking about buying new hardware to tweak the sound to our tastes, because if a DAP is neutral and the technicalities are all there (faithfully reproducing the sound), I really don't see how it can get better. At that point, you are either happy with the sound or not, and if you are not, then you are looking for coloring in the sound, in which case the EQ fills that bill (or even changing head gear also).

So, really in my mind what makes a DAP TOTL flagship is really all about the technicalities, in which case the DX300 would be the best of the best (they had some firsts with a portable DAP, and the specs are outstanding; SNR, THD, etc...). It then comes down to how they tweaked the sound. Well, I can tell you they all sound different. Does that make them better? Only if your ears say so. Just my thoughts.. :)

Having said all of that, @RIGATIO is a pretty good salesman, though I would say far from non-biased in his thoughts (he is all in or not at all).... :sunglasses::v::thumbsup: I may have to give those darned pieces of crap he's been going on about for a while now a try.. :) Though, I still think my next one will be the Hook-X, and amp13 first. ⬇️:rabbit2::hole: again!

Jun 4, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #13,092 of 14,577
Your english is perfect, no worries:)
So now im listening the dx320 and its better than the 300. Just better dacs. But the dx300 is still amazing. The soundstage is very very close, the dx300 is warmer, so very musical. I bet, with the amp13, the dx300 is still a TOTL player so no needs for an upgrade imho.
For those who are looking for even more dynamics and clarity, the dx320 is the way to go.
The dx312EX/EXN, 313 are up on top anyways. Amazing series from IBasso.
And did you try with AMP12EXN?
More dynamics? I'm curious :)

Jun 4, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #13,093 of 14,577
@Paul - iBasso
I currently like to use dx312 4.4mm line out to bx2+
I’d like to purchase new amp13 but would still like the option of the line out mode. Would I still be able to use that since there’s two se ports (I’m assuming 1 in 1 out?) thanks and sorry if already mentioned in this thread, just thought it might be more beneficial posting here 🤷‍♂️

Jun 4, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #13,094 of 14,577
For quite a few of my head gear devices, I totally agree with you, so you have at least one in your corner... :)

Well said sir!

I don't believe the correct term for the DX320 is better anyhow IMO. As mentioned earlier, I believe that we have pretty much reached a plateau where if there IS room for improvement in sound quality, diminishing returns makes you need to be OCD (a bit) to feel the NEED to upgrade if you already have and enjoy your DX300. That leaves out those that just love getting new toys and such, and I am certainly not accusing anyone of having mental issues if they want to get the DX320 after owning the DX300... :)

Bottom line is that, while tempted with the DX320 (because it WOULD be a new toy to play with), I am more than happy with the DX300, and I have still not even had my amp12 card modded, nor heard amp13 yet... That ability to change the sound of this thing with the removal of two screws makes it new and refreshed any time I want. In my mind, what more could you want? Oh, and there is a little thing out there that can help you tweak the sound to the way you like it should it be JUST a tad off, and it doesn't cost $1500 to $2000 to get. It is called EQ... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

After all we are talking about buying new hardware to tweak the sound to our tastes, because if a DAP is neutral and the technicalities are all there (faithfully reproducing the sound), I really don't see how it can get better. At that point, you are either happy with the sound or not, and if you are not, then you are looking for coloring in the sound, in which case the EQ fills that bill (or even changing head gear also).

So, really in my mind what makes a DAP TOTL flagship is really all about the technicalities, in which case the DX300 would be the best of the best (they had some firsts with a portable DAP, and the specs are outstanding; SNR, THD, etc...). It then comes down to how they tweaked the sound. Well, I can tell you they all sound different. Does that make them better? Only if your ears say so. Just my thoughts.. :)

Having said all of that, @RIGATIO is a pretty good salesman, though I would say far from non-biased in his thoughts (he is all in or not at all).... :sunglasses::v::thumbsup: I may have to give those darned pieces of crap he's been going on about for a while now a try.. :) Though, I still think my next one will be the Hook-X, and amp13 first. ⬇️:rabbit2::hole: again!
The red line I see here is the N8II
But that one still has double NuTube and Balanced output
And as you say better ?
What's better ?
Same like the endless discussions about ESS vs AKM
Here it's now Cirrus vs Rohm
Isn't it all about personal sound preference ?
Next after the DAP it will be the cables and headphones and IEM used
The combination of those 3 will finally please your ears
Does it make sense to have an awesome DAP but finally the next 2 in line are restricting the total sound experience ?
Shouldn't all be up to level ?
Now that's just my thinking ?
What's your ideas since I gladly would love to hear other thoughts ... 🤔

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back