iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 21, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #10,066 of 14,593
Having owned the MEST MKII, I was genuinely disappointed by its performance - whether or not it synergized well with amp12.

Listened to them for about a week and eventually ended up returning. Idk if mine needed burn-in or not (I'm still on the fence to the practicality and legitimacy of burn-in. Someone please convince me lol) but from memory, it had a digital-esque timbre and a relatively narrow soundstage width (stellar imaging though!!). I also found the upper registers to come off a bit harsh/bright, which is quite the opposite of how it's graph indicates.

Maybe mine needed burn-in/more play time? Had given them adequate amount of opportunities listening to it throughout the week, but I can't help but feel it was a primarily hype driven.
Well, at least I'm not the only one who thinks about the sound of Mest MKII or feels it that way. And it's definitely not due to burn-in. Mine have more than 200 hours. In my experience, the sound should change a bit after a few days. It's not the fault of the Amp 12 either. With the Amp 12 W it's a bit better. It seems that we the users don't synergize with the mest.

Jan 21, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #10,067 of 14,593
My favorite IEM or headphones are usually the ones that inspire me right out of the box. With standard cables and maybe just need a bit of fine tuning by trying different cables. But unfortunately there aren't that many of them. Keep me crazy but the Hifimann RE 800 with a fixed standard cable is one of those. Wonderful natural attunement. Heard it a good 5 years ago and was immediately fascinated by the sound. I didn't buy it because it cost $600 back then. Now Hifimann is doing a warehouse sale. Only costs 149 bucks. :k701smile::ksc75smile:

Jan 22, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #10,069 of 14,593
The most wonderful headphones that turned out to be in synergy with the dx300 are the headphones of the Russian master snowy88 A7 (custom)
Screenshot_20220122-092718_Telegram.jpg

Jan 22, 2022 at 1:33 AM Post #10,070 of 14,593
Anyone care to summarize sound differences between amps 11.1 & 11.2, or direct me to a previous post that nicely fits the bill? Obliged
So I've never heard of the MKII. But I don't like the MK 1 at all. And right from the start. Was thinking about selling the DX 300 again. Then came the MKII due to delivery bottlenecks. At that time I had already toyed with the idea of ordering the MKII. But there was a rumor that Amp 12 was coming. So I waited. My personal recommendation Buy Amp 12 and send it straight to Whitigir and upgrade to 12W and depending on availability to EX if you have a particularly high gear. And assuming you live in the USA.

Jan 22, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #10,075 of 14,593
I'm sure that's absolutely normal. That's so it doesn't change volume and blow out your ears from a quick movement in a pocket etc. Volume doesn't change until the screen is lit. DX240 is the same way. Seems like there's a lot of looking for faults in normal function of late in this thread.
If enabled in options (on by default), it does indeed change volume with the screen off. That's why it has a hardware volume knob, so you don't have to turn the screen on to control playback.
DX240 with the same control FW does not change volume with the first click with the screen on. 1st click, the volume control appears. 2nd click, volume change, subsequent clicks change as long as the control is visible. Needs that added click if the control display disappears. When V control is enabled with screen off. Every click changes volume when the screen is off but when the screen is on, it still takes the extra click to activate the V display 1st.

I suspect it should be the same with the DX300.
It is not the same on the DX300. Every click changes the volume. :)
And guys if you want to save money on your next orders then don't buy from Hifi Go but in Vietnam. I've already said it to Rigatio, but the dear boy doesn't listen to me. Check out the xuan vu audio website. IT 07 for 590 US or Oriollus Isabellae for 395 USD. All brands from Asia are a lot cheaper. I buy everything from in this store.They ship internationally. It is the largest audio store in Vietnam. With many branches in Hanoi Saigon and other cities. Here is the website, unfortunately only in Vietnamese. Google Translate to your language. https://tainghe.com.vn/

You can contact Sophie, that's the boss, via Whats App.+84 969900589

Order her a nice greeting from Carsten from Nha Trang and ask for the best price. You will get!!
WOW! With prices like that I might be worried about clones/fakes. But yeah, damn good prices. Good find!

The it07 are burning in now, will listen to them more on the evening. OOTB i wasnt impressed with them as with the Kineras 1.0. Sure the detail and staging were great but they are quite bright and piercing at times even with the amp12. The kinneras imperial will come tomorrow or on Monday. More impressions to come.
LOL Told ya' so! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Seriously though, they WILL calm down. Or maybe you are way more sensitive in that region that even me (and I'm really sensitive to that region).

My favorite IEM or headphones are usually the ones that inspire me right out of the box. With standard cables and maybe just need a bit of fine tuning by trying different cables. But unfortunately there aren't that many of them. Keep me crazy but the Hifimann RE 800 with a fixed standard cable is one of those. Wonderful natural attunement. Heard it a good 5 years ago and was immediately fascinated by the sound. I didn't buy it because it cost $600 back then. Now Hifimann is doing a warehouse sale. Only costs 149 bucks. :k701smile::ksc75smile:
For me that type of headphone was the Hifiman HE400S (not the HE400, HE400i, or HE400SE). They were $300 back then, and they are still in my daily rotation.

Jan 22, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #10,076 of 14,593
The most wonderful headphones that turned out to be in synergy with the dx300 are the headphones of the Russian master snowy88 A7 (custom)
Секта свидетелей Сергея и сюда добралась (Шутка). Желаю ему творческих успехов.
А Вам быть чуть приличней в своих комментариях не позорьте себя и соотечественников. Не нужно уподобляться и вестись на дегенеративные комментарий стариков на любом языке.

END of offtop
This week I get Elan iem from IMR acoustics. Single dynamic driver (10mm) and bone conductor. Wow never thought that one small dynamic driver could provide this kind of sound resolution, textures, separations and space. BC adds a subtile layer on Low Highs of some kind of reverberations, increasing a bit sound space and scene imagination.
Really enjoyable iems. There are no any other unites on the official web site, but if you'll find out some good used unites just take them, they won't be disappointed...

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #10,078 of 14,593
I am building a headphone set up and I am thinking about using my dx300 as my source with Holo Spring 3 dac. Can you use the dx300 usb like that as just a pure source?

Jan 22, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #10,080 of 14,593
Anyone else notice the slightest of a whisper sound when wifi is enabled? I only notice it on high gain but it's there.

IMG_20220122_095434.jpg

Sweet pea and me listening to pink Floyd live on this cold morning. 😎
Try a different channel on the wifi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back