iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 15, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #9,886 of 14,577
Yes that is correct. I would check the file size. It should be larger than most.
Hmmm Mango is also reporting this file as a MQA... Guess I'll need to aquire a real MQA file to test further without pulling my hair out.

Jan 15, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #9,887 of 14,577
I have UAPP, Neutron, and the Hiby app. I prefer the UAPP interface to all of them. The Hiby app sounds better than everything I’ve tried. So, to each his own I guess.
DX240 and not DX300 but this intrigued me since I'm familiar with Hiby player. Installed and my results were interesting. In Andriod with normal functions, I liked Hiby player. Once I turned the antennas off, Mango and Hiby still sound different but there wasn't a strong preference. I prefer the solidity and dynamic of Mango overall (once the added glare of the antennas was removed) though Hiby is kinder to many recordings and I don't see a right or wrong choice here. I didn't listen that long but I could see Hiby doing well with multi mic'd classical recordings that could often use the help or bright recording of which there are many etc.

For me, Mango OS was an easy winner.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #9,888 of 14,577
Has anyone else had issue with Mango player (android) not finding all your songs (where Neutron and UAPP does) since the latest FW update? It will only find 15k of 21k. I will test this in Mango OS and see if it is similar.

Jan 15, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #9,889 of 14,577
The DX300 might be my next dap! One thing that bugs me though, is the three-dot circular icon which is on the bottom right corner of the album artwork. Can it be hidden? It really triggers my OCD when I see it in photos...

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    535.6 KB · Views: 0
Jan 15, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #9,890 of 14,577
The DX300 might be my next dap! One thing that bugs me though, is the three-dot circular icon which is on the bottom right corner of the album artwork. Can it be hidden? It really triggers my OCD when I see it in photos...
It can't be hidden, it shows the current playlist. You don't see it with Mango os or you can use another player like Neutron or Uapp

Jan 15, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #9,892 of 14,577
It can't be hidden, it shows the current playlist. You don't see it with Mango os or you can use another player like Neutron or Uapp
Yeah and I see no reason why to use Mango/Android when we have full Mango anyhow. That would be like having a Ferrari, and a Corvette with a Ferrari sticker on it. Of course your gonna drive the Ferrari! 😂😎

Jan 15, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #9,894 of 14,577
That's so unfortunate. All that screen estate available and they choose to put it in the middle of the cover art.
UAPP does the same thing with a "HiRes" sticker on the cover art when the file is over a certain rate, though you CAN turn that off.

Jan 15, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #9,898 of 14,577
Uapp is good too for parametric eq 👍
This is true but I believe another purchase is required to use it.

I chose to use uapp for bit perfect streaming via Tidal. For me to use eq would negate that purpose. Using eq cancels bit perfect no matter the player in use. That is my personal reason not to use EQ. The second reason I personally do not like EQ is because it's nearly impossible to find an EQ curve that suits all music. I end up chasing a dragons tail and find myself EQing from song to song. I'd rather allow the monitors and tuning take that load. But of course, that's just me.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #9,899 of 14,577
Okay guys, chill, Uapp seems nice :D . Is the parametric EQ worth? I definitely need to use it.
IMHO PEQ in UAPP is very good. You have to purchase the Toneboosters module which (IIRC) gives you PEQ, EQ, and Morphit module....

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back