iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 14, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #9,841 of 14,593
Does anyone of you have the Hifiman RE 2000 Silver? I got the R 800 Silver 6 days ago. I'm really excited about the sound tuning. Totally natural, great timbre, warm mids and very good micro details. Bass could be more. And the RE 2000 is said to be even better in all respects. It is very interesting because the price has been reduced from 1500 to 800 bucks.

Jan 14, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #9,842 of 14,593
Does anyone of you have the Hifiman RE 2000 Silver? I got the R 800 Silver 6 days ago. I'm really excited about the sound tuning. Totally natural, great timbre, warm mids and very good micro details. Bass could be more. And the RE 2000 is said to be even better in all respects. It is very interesting because the price has been reduced from 1500 to 800 bucks.
I don't but with that reduction, I might soon.. LOL

Jan 14, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #9,844 of 14,593
Thats not a problem, i very appreciate every help. The it07 have very good opinions everywhere and what speaks for them in this case is the fact that they were made by the same company as the player so i can expect only the best synergy possible.
I just got to thinking, maybe you would enjoy a fantastic pair of earbuds?! The Moondrop Chanconne are some TOTL earbuds (and I can vouch for them honestly). Other than needing some quantity of bass EQed in (for anything other than classical), they have the some of best tuning I have ever heard (I wish I could find a pair of IEMs and headphones tuned like them).

Or maybe the Yincrow RW2000 might suite you better?! They are a bit more neutral compared to the Chaconne, and have more bass quantity, but are also very detailed and revealing. Both have some of the best soundstage, and imaging out there to go with it. The RW3000 just came out and is supposed to improve on the 2000, but I can't vouch for that, not having heard them myself. The 2000 I also own, and can say they are my number 2 behind the Chaconne.

There are a ton of others out there ranging from dollars to hundreds of dollars, but I have only heard the likes of:
  • Moondrop Chaconne
  • Yincrow RW2000
  • Rose Technics Maria II
  • Smabat ST10S (150 Ohm)
  • Smabat M2S Pro
  • Dunu Alpha 1
They all pair really well with the DX300, but some (like the Rose Maria II) have a really high pinna gain, making them too hot for my sensitive ears in that area.

Anyhow if you aren't into earbuds, disregard this whole post as my ramblings. :) And thank @Whitigir for getting me back into this :rabbit2: :hole: of earbuds. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Jan 14, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #9,845 of 14,593
I just got to thinking, maybe you would enjoy a fantastic pair of earbuds?! The Moondrop Chanconne are some TOTL earbuds (and I can vouch for them honestly). Other than needing some quantity of bass EQed in (for anything other than classical), they have the some of best tuning I have ever heard (I wish I could find a pair of IEMs and headphones tuned like them).

Or maybe the Yincrow RW2000 might suite you better?! They are a bit more neutral compared to the Chaconne, and have more bass quantity, but are also very detailed and revealing. Both have some of the best soundstage, and imaging out there to go with it. The RW3000 just came out and is supposed to improve on the 2000, but I can't vouch for that, not having heard them myself. The 2000 I also own, and can say they are my number 2 behind the Chaconne.

There are a ton of others out there ranging from dollars to hundreds of dollars, but I have only heard the likes of:
  • Moondrop Chaconne
  • Yincrow RW2000
  • Rose Technics Maria II
  • Smabat ST10S (150 Ohm)
  • Smabat M2S Pro
  • Dunu Alpha 1
They all pair really well with the DX300, but some (like the Rose Maria II) have a really high pinna gain, making them too hot for my sensitive ears in that area.

Anyhow if you aren't into earbuds, disregard this whole post as my ramblings. :) And thank @Whitigir for getting me back into this :rabbit2: :hole: of earbuds. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Thank you very very much! I was thinking about buds for some time but i like the isolation aspect of iems, which makes them so appealing to me. I think i just like iem sound, have big problem with enjoying even very high end open back headphones. There some magic and immerse missing in those constructions. But thanks again!!

Jan 14, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #9,846 of 14,593
Thank you very very much! I was thinking about buds for some time but i like the isolation aspect of iems, which makes them so appealing to me. I think i just like iem sound, have big problem with enjoying even very high end open back headphones. There some magic and immerse missing in those constructions. But thanks again!!
No problem at all. Get what ya' like. If it doesn't satisfy your tastes, there is no reason for that product to exist for you.... is what I always think about. :upside_down:

I actually like all 3 because they are all so different. Buds are actually really different from open back headphones, as much as IEMs are different from open back headphones. This keeps me having all 3 in my rotation. I can totally understand where you are coming from though. Hope you get your end game with these new purchases... Yeah like that will happen even if they really are! :smiling_imp:

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #9,849 of 14,593
Jan 14, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #9,851 of 14,593
Giving Neutron a shot on the dx312. Ill report back soon on my thoughts compared to UAPP.
It sounds better. (And I love UAPP, but it is easy to admit).

Jan 14, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #9,852 of 14,593
It sounds better. (And I love UAPP, but it is easy to admit).
Neutron does sound better, smoother, with less harsh especially at higher volume levels. However in my experience it's minimal. Still, we are in this hobby to squeeze every last drop of performance so I think it right to admit the fact.

But, and there is a big but for me, I prefer the UI of UAPP moreso over the minimal amount of sound quality performance that Neutron has over UAPP.

So for those that don't mind the UI of Neutron then it's a no brainer. But for me UAPP is still superior for my personal preferences.

Jan 14, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #9,853 of 14,593
Neutron does sound better, smoother, with less harsh especially at higher volume levels. However in my experience it's minimal. Still, we are in this hobby to squeeze every last drop of performance so I think it right to admit the fact.

But, and there is a big but for me, I prefer the UI of UAPP moreso over the minimal amount of sound quality performance that Neutron has over UAPP.

So for those that don't mind the UI of Neutron then it's a no brainer. But for me UAPP is still superior for my personal preferences.
Once I have more function from UAPP, I'll try and compare Neutron. 'Smoother' sometimes means friendlier and can give the impression of more low level info when it's actually just a bit softer overall which can help certain kit.

Jan 14, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #9,854 of 14,593

I have UAPP, Neutron, and the Hiby app. I prefer the UAPP interface to all of them. The Hiby app sounds better than everything I’ve tried. So, to each his own I guess.

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #9,855 of 14,593

I agree 100%. I love the UAPP ui. But the sound...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back