iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Dec 3, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #9,091 of 14,593
Great response thx! I have the beyers xelento. They are bit warmer and almost perfect with amps 11.2/12 but can be peaky on highs at times due to the tesla driver (less peaky with the amp12 but still bright). I already played with tips and found that the spin fits solve the problem but have an impression that the stage becomes a bit narrower (still not narrow at all but not as expanded as with the stock mushroom-like tips). Maybe any recommendations for other tips, Xelastecs? I did a small trick with the spin fits to get wider stage- i extended their nozle with 2mm wide ring cut from another tips. And now is great but still it is an unprofessional solution (but somehoww works).
Or switch the cable. Cables can have a real advantage when your trying to fine tune your overall system. The right cable could take that edge off and possibly give you the timbre your looking for.

Dec 3, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #9,092 of 14,593
Or switch the cable. Cables can have a real advantage when your trying to fine tune your overall system. The right cable could take that edge off and possibly give you the timbre your looking for.
Yeah true but already have a copper cable which is considered as warm. Sure can look more for something higer class but didnt want to spend 200e on cable:) But thx!

Dec 3, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #9,093 of 14,593
Yeah true but already have a copper cable which is considered as warm. Sure can look more for something higer class but didnt want to spend 200e on cable:) But thx!
That's not always the case tbo, Moon Audio's Silver Dragon cables are silver cables but are known to have a warm hue to the sound, which is what I prefer. But I don't think I would recommend Silver Dragon cables for IEMs becuase they are too thick and stiff.

Dec 3, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #9,095 of 14,593
Great response thx! I have the beyers xelento. They are bit warmer and almost perfect with amps 11.2/12 but can be peaky on highs at times due to the tesla driver (less peaky with the amp12 but still bright). I already played with tips and found that the spin fits solve the problem but have an impression that the stage becomes a bit narrower (still not narrow at all but not as expanded as with the stock mushroom-like tips). Maybe any recommendations for other tips, Xelastecs? I did a small trick with the spin fits to get wider stage- i extended their nozle with 2mm wide ring cut from another tips. And now is great but still it is an unprofessional solution (but somehoww works).

Dec 3, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #9,096 of 14,593
I agree with DA Power. Which cable do you use with the Xelentos? The original cable that comes with it? I have now bought the IT 07. I also find it quite shrill in the midrange. Even after 50 hours of burn-in, I don't really like it. I have now ordered the Satin Audio Chimere II 8 Braids. It should sound very relaxed and pleasant in the entire frequency response. I will let you know if it works. Then there would be the AMP12W version. My package from Germany is on the way with all parts. Should come next week. I'm already excited to see what it will bring.

Dec 3, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #9,097 of 14,593
I agree with DA Power. Which cable do you use with the Xelentos? The original cable that comes with it? I have now bought the IT 07. I also find it quite shrill in the midrange. Even after 50 hours of burn-in, I don't really like it. I have now ordered the Satin Audio Chimere II 8 Braids. It should sound very relaxed and pleasant in the entire frequency response. I will let you know if it works. Then there would be the AMP12W version. My package from Germany is on the way with all parts. Should come next week. I'm already excited to see what it will bring.
I have the IT07. They are not shrill at all. I wonder what is going on with yours?

Dec 3, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #9,098 of 14,593
I have the IT07. They are not shrill at all. I wonder what is going on with yours?
I am very sensitive to medium tones and heights. I have no idea whether this is due to my comical ears ??? :o2smile::o2smile::o2smile:
In any case, it's a little better after the branding. So far there are only 2 IEMs / headphones that I am 100% happy with. Oriolus Isabealle and Focal Celestee. Straight out of the box and nothing significant to complain about. After the burn-in, just superb.

Dec 4, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #9,099 of 14,593
Waiting for your impressions!

Dec 4, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #9,100 of 14,593
Waiting for your impressions!
Yes, I'm also very curious. Also on the Satin Audio cable. It should pretty much smooth the sound and let the sound relax but not miss any details. And as an 8 strand for less than 200 euros. They are currently offering a 15% discount. Now only 163 euros really great. And I've already had great experiences with the Athena. So if you are still looking for cables, take a look at satinaudio.com

Dec 4, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #9,101 of 14,593
Everything is fine with the 07. So no problem with the IEM. Which AMP are you listening to? MKI ?? What cables and ear tips? Just tested the IT07 with the Hiby R 6 Pro SS. The extremely shrill upper midrange is gone. But still too hot for my taste. But that's definitely due to the cable. I tested briefly with adapters with PW M2 copper cable. Smooth but the sprayability in the heights is no longer there. I think the Chimaere II will fit well.

Dec 4, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #9,102 of 14,593
Came back to the amp11.2. Dont know what happened but all these peaks with xelentos disappeard. Maybe it burned in even more while i was listening with the beyers T5. Maybe my ears, dunno. All i know is that the sound is now what i was looking for so long. Warm, liquid like a syrup. It doesnt have the dynamics of the amp12 but is close enough. Tried the amp12 and just couldnt take the sound longer than 10 min- it was too bright, aggressive for me (but still fantastic technicalities). The staging, transients are so natural, wide, deep, just great!

Dec 4, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #9,103 of 14,593
I'm looking for people that have spent significant time listening to the DX220, DX300 in all amp modes and the SP2000, it's your opinion I'm looking for .

I am interested in buying a very low cost second hand SP2000 that I've come across in my area.
I've always been an absolute fan of the industrial design of the AK range but recently their models have been over shadowed by much better offerings from the competitors.

From my limited hands on with the SP2000 I came away feeling very positive and liking it, but the situation and circumstances were not ideal to draw a real conclusion. (Little time, too much background noise, Yada Yada yada.

Can someone willing give me some advice on the following
  • What does the SP2000 offer audio quality wise (if any) that you can't appreciate in dx220, dx300 or even dx240 now
  • Taking cost out of the equation, would an SP2000 bring an enjoyable side choice to an enthusiast who on most days enjoys listening most to either the DX 300 or Hugo2, With music spanning from electronic music to REAL techno house, classic rock, a dab of jazz and hiphop.
Would much appreciate some insights.

Dec 4, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #9,104 of 14,593
Came back to the amp11.2. Dont know what happened but all these peaks with xelentos disappeard. Maybe it burned in even more while i was listening with the beyers T5. Maybe my ears, dunno. All i know is that the sound is now what i was looking for so long. Warm, liquid like a syrup. It doesnt have the dynamics of the amp12 but is close enough. Tried the amp12 and just couldnt take the sound longer than 10 min- it was too bright, aggressive for me (but still fantastic technicalities). The staging, transients are so natural, wide, deep, just great!
I mean to remind myself that you do not specifically burn in but that you hear straight away. It may of course be that you have exceeded a magical number of hours listening to the T5. And after that you installed the AMP 12 again. The MK II was lying down and the capacitors were sitting. I personally burn AMP for 250-300 hours and let it rest for half a day in between. Another possibility would be to go to a professional ear cleaning so that you can hear the peaks in the sound image again! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::smile::scream:

Dec 4, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #9,105 of 14,593

I mean to remind myself that you do not specifically burn in but that you hear straight away. It may of course be that you have exceeded a magical number of hours listening to the T5. And after that you installed the AMP 12 again. The MK II was lying down and the capacitors were sitting. I personally burn AMP for 250-300 hours and let it rest for half a day in between. Another possibility would be to go to a professional ear cleaning so that you can hear the peaks in the sound image again! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::smile::scream:

The AMP11 MK2 does not have peaks at all. With zero hours or 100.000 hours :wink:

That's the only and absolute reason. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back