iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
May 10, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #5,867 of 14,593
I don't have the two EQ options like the manual says. Mine only has the Parametric / fixed sliders one. Whats the go there?

Also. EQ in Mango doesn't effect Spotify playback.

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #5,868 of 14,593
I don't have the two EQ options like the manual says. Mine only has the Parametric / fixed sliders one. Whats the go there?

Also. EQ in Mango doesn't effect Spotify playback.
Mine has the parametric one and the pre-set’s, I’ll have a play with them when I get back from work and see if they work with Amazon HD 👍

May 11, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #5,869 of 14,593
Mine has the parametric one and the pre-set’s, I’ll have a play with them when I get back from work and see if they work with Amazon HD 👍
And the documentation says there should be a Graphical EQ beneath it. Which I don't have. Seems I only have the basic parametric one?

May 11, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #5,871 of 14,593
And the documentation says there should be a Graphical EQ beneath it. Which I don't have. Seems I only have the basic parametric one?
Just tried and yeah you're correct Mango EQ doesn't work while streaming data, doesn't bother me tbh as I don't EQ, I just use the NOS filter
and that sounds dope to me....however I do have two "EQ" options though....
tempImagemOenae.jpg

May 11, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #5,872 of 14,593
Any update on the UAPP support for DX300?

May 11, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #5,874 of 14,593
Just tried and yeah you're correct Mango EQ doesn't work while streaming data, doesn't bother me tbh as I don't EQ, I just use the NOS filter
and that sounds dope to me....however I do have two "EQ" options though....
tempImagemOenae.jpg
I've asked iBasso what's going on. I just have the fixed band one with the sliders....

May 11, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #5,875 of 14,593
I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical when I heard impressions of amp11 mk2 module. I do understand, mk2 changes were not intentional because iBasso had to update the design due to shortage of some components, but I thought the change would be subtle. Turned out to be more noticeable. Only have about an hour out of the box, so it could change, but so far I hear treble to have more air/sparkle which improves the perception of soundstage width and layering/separation of the sounds, literally more air between the layers of the sound. As a result, the sound is a little more revealing, more transparent, more reference (in analytical sense) vs the original amp11 being a little warmer due to smoother treble and a little more coloring of the mids. I will keep it on burn in for a few days and update my impressions if I hear a bigger change. But so far, I actually prefer amp11 mk2.

ibasso_amp11_mk2-01.jpgibasso_amp11_mk2-02.jpg
Having M8 I’d prefer MK2 but dunno if I’d wait AMP12…

May 12, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #5,877 of 14,593
iBasso have confirmed non of the Mango EQ works outside of the Mango app.

Spotify inbuilt EQ sucks big time.

UApp no luck yet.

Neutralizer doesn't work on DX300

Edit: UApp confirmed to me it won't work.

Time to try another App!

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #5,878 of 14,593
Really? This would be a deal breaker for me. I need PEQ with Tidal and possibly Spotify in the future (Spotify HiFi is coming soon). Is this the same if DX300 is used as a bluetooth receiver?

You can EQ Tidal or other streaming services when bit perfect is off? I do not need that feature.
I use the Roon eq and works like a charm on both local and streamed music

May 12, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #5,879 of 14,593
I use the Roon eq and works like a charm on both local and streamed music
Please explain this in more detail - not sure what you mean, or how you are connecting things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back