iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
May 3, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #5,808 of 14,577
How about do one? 😉. I can't even cancel the order on Amazon! To be fair I do want the blue, but is that worth an extra £110?

Why is that extra £110? Ibasso officially set both color as the same price. In the US, those who carry ibasso officially (Moon Audio, Bloom Audio and BnH) - all sell both colors for the same price.

May 3, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #5,809 of 14,577
Why is that extra £110? Ibasso officially set both color as the same price. In the US, those who carry ibasso officially (Moon Audio, Bloom Audio and BnH) - all sell both colors for the same price.

There was no price difference between the coulours. The difference was due to Advanced MP3's offering a 10% discount, whereas on Amazon there was no such discount through their store.

May 3, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #5,810 of 14,577
Can somebody tell me if the DX300 would be a significant upgrade in sound quality comparing to Qudelix 5K or FiiO BTR5 (balanced)?
I mainly use my smartphone with Tidal and stream to Qudelix via LDAC. Phones are IEMs 64audio U12ts.
I would only upgrade for the sound quality - i do not need any other features of the DX300 except PEQ.
Differences in sound would have to be resolution, timbre, soundstage - not only slight differences in frequency response as I can use EQ with Qudelix anyhow.
Anybody here who has BTR5/Qudelix and DX300 and can compare them soundwise?

May 3, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #5,812 of 14,577
Can somebody tell me if the DX300 would be a significant upgrade in sound quality comparing to Qudelix 5K or FiiO BTR5 (balanced)?
I mainly use my smartphone with Tidal and stream to Qudelix via LDAC. Phones are IEMs 64audio U12ts.
I would only upgrade for the sound quality - i do not need any other features of the DX300 except PEQ.
Differences in sound would have to be resolution, timbre, soundstage - not only slight differences in frequency response as I can use EQ with Qudelix anyhow.

Yes, the answer is yes but as with anything audio, the most ideal answer could have been given if you could get to try it out yourself somewhere.

May 3, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #5,814 of 14,577
Yes, the answer is yes but as with anything audio, the most ideal answer could have been given if you could get to try it out yourself somewhere.
I can find it out myself because in the EU we can order devices, try them out, send them back to the seller within 14 days and get a full refund. No risk for the buyer but the seller ends up with an open box gadget. I prefer to ask the community here before I take the next step.

May 3, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #5,815 of 14,577

I cannot comment on the quality of the DX300 as I’ve never listend to it. However I showed interest in the device and also had some questions, so maybe this might help you as you need PEQ (which I can understand, coming from the 5k with pretty much the best PEQ implementation in an audio device other than PC applications…).

The DX300 has no EQ/PEQ whatever for streaming music apps (Tidal, Spotify, Qobuz etc.). It only works for local files played through the stock player. I asked this question a few pages before and @twister6 agreed, unfortunately. Just to let you know…

I don’t know but maybe it Is possible to use Tidal through UAPP and use their EQ? But then it wouldn’t be possible to pre-download and you had to directly stream every track…

May 3, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #5,817 of 14,577
I cannot comment on the quality of the DX300 as I’ve never listend to it. However I showed interest in the device and also had some questions, so maybe this might help you as you need PEQ (which I can understand, coming from the 5k with pretty much the best PEQ implementation in an audio device other than PC applications…).

The DX300 has no EQ/PEQ whatever for streaming music apps (Tidal, Spotify, Qobuz etc.). It only works for local files played through the stock player. I asked this question a few pages before and @twister6 agreed, unfortunately. Just to let you know…

I don’t know but maybe it Is possible to use Tidal through UAPP and use their EQ? But then it wouldn’t be possible to pre-download and you had to directly stream every track…
Really? This would be a deal breaker for me. I need PEQ with Tidal and possibly Spotify in the future (Spotify HiFi is coming soon). Is this the same if DX300 is used as a bluetooth receiver?

I can EQ as long as bit perfect is off, so I just can’t EQ MQA.

UAPP compatibility is coming if Davy can get it to work. It’s neat the top of his queue.
You can EQ Tidal or other streaming services when bit perfect is off? I do not need that feature.

Last edited:
May 3, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #5,820 of 14,577
If a song isn't right, I don't EQ do make it try to be right. I never use EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back