iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
May 3, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #5,791 of 14,577
Makes sense what you say about a possible need to return. Re. contact, Hifigo's team are quick to respond to emails and friendly (although, tbh, I've not had a problem yet with a device that required a more "substantial" conversation with them). Advanced MP3 Players have good customer service (I bought several stuff off from them, incl. my DK-4001 iems which were faulty and they replaced them for me, and our whole transaction was very professional). Still, that price issue irks me enough to go beyond UK suppliers and suffer the delay. Re. shipping cost for return, Hifigo apparently split it 50-50 with the buyer (not ideal, but their pricing remains competitive even so), but they then ship your item back free of charge. Anyway, I guess there are pros and cons, but I just wanted to raise this issue (which I've seen in the UK with other manufacturers of electronics from overseas, not just IBasso).

I was under the impression that those with competitive pricing are not authorized dealers since they are not bounded by a contract with manufacture. But either way, double check with iBasso, they can tell you who is authorized seller. Paul even mentioned before they have a link on their site where to buy it http://ibasso.com/where-to-buy/

May 3, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #5,792 of 14,577
When did you order yours? I guess it could also depend on the colour ordered

@Sukotto85

I bought mine a week ago (black) and it was from their older lot (they had more coming 2 days later). So I surmise, most chances all ones for sale now are mk2.

Others have reported that the ones from Hifigo are mk2. I know their owner Yumu. If you want me to connect you to her directly, I can give you her email (it's the person with an unboxing dx300 video on Youtube). Pretty sure, she'll be able to tell you which version will be sent before you buy.

Best,

Adnan

Last edited:
May 3, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #5,793 of 14,577
I was under the impression that those with competitive pricing are not authorized dealers since they are not bounded by a contract with manufacture. But either way, double check with iBasso, they can tell you who is authorized seller. Paul even mentioned before they have a link on their site where to buy it http://ibasso.com/where-to-buy/

This is great advice. +1

May 3, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #5,794 of 14,577
@Sukotto85

I bought mine a week ago (black) and it was from their older lot (they had more coming 2 days later). So I surmise, most chances all ones for sale now are mk2.

Others have reported that the ones from Hifigo are mk2. I know their owner Yumu. If you want me to connect you to her directly, I can give you her email (it's the person with an unboxing dx$00 video on Youtube). Pretty sure, she'll be able to tell you which version will be sent before gou buy.

Best,

Adnan
I've already ordered mine from Amazon, supplied by AdvancedMP3players . Now I've realised I could've saved 10% from going direct to Advanced... 😅. Would you say it looks better in blue or black? I've gone for blue

May 3, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #5,795 of 14,577
I've already ordered mine from Amazon, supplied by AdvancedMP3players . Now I've realised I could've saved 10% from going direct to Advanced... 😅. Would you say it looks better in blue or black? I've gone for blue

Initially I wanted blue but it was out of stock. Then I realized, with the blue case on, it would combo nicely with the black. Initially I wanted the mk1 tbh. but after what Alex as in @twister6 said, guess I lucked out as I have the M8 too which sounds stellar with a warm signature. I don't want two of the same thing. Guess I lucked out. Haha.

May 3, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #5,796 of 14,577
May 3, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #5,798 of 14,577
Sure thing, they may not be, but so what? If it's a faulty unit, they still have a 1-year warranty (which is what, e.g., Cowon has, via Advanced MP3 Players). Obviously, they are not contractually bound by IBasso pricing, which is why they are competitive. People in this forum have given positive feedback (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/is-hifigo-com-legitimate.921074/page-2) and their Trustpilot reviews are fairly decent. It's a legit supplier (albeit not authorized for IBasso) and if they were to screw up by supplying faulty stuff and not providing customer service they won't be around for long. In any case, my DX300 (ordered during a time when it was OS with UK suppliers) works fine, minus the MTP problem, which I strongly suspect is a software compatibility problem for MangoOS, rather than faulty hardware.

May 3, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #5,800 of 14,577
Sure thing, they may not be, but so what? If it's a faulty unit, they still have a 1-year warranty (which is what, e.g., Cowon has, via Advanced MP3 Players). Obviously, they are not contractually bound by IBasso pricing, which is why they are competitive. People in this forum have given positive feedback (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/is-hifigo-com-legitimate.921074/page-2) and their Trustpilot reviews are fairly decent. It's a legit supplier (albeit not authorized for IBasso) and if they were to screw up by supplying faulty stuff and not providing customer service they won't be around for long. In any case, my DX300 (ordered during a time when it was OS with UK suppliers) works fine, minus the MTP problem, which I strongly suspect is a software compatibility problem for MangoOS, rather than faulty hardware.

Not saying they are not trustworthy, Hifigo is a well known and respected retailer. But since a discussion about warranty came up, I remember how a few manufacturers, including iBasso, mentioned these repairs will be handled differently since customer has to return it back to a seller who has to return it back to 3rd party where they got it from. It is just a general comment to raise awareness since manufacturers post about it on their social media all the time, and they keep track of S/Ns and distributors. When you buy $25 iem, it might not matter, but when you invest over $1k into audio player, always a good idea to check with a seller and manufacturer how warranty will be handled. For example, some audio products sold on DROP are not directly from manufacturers, but rather a 3rd party, and the actual manufacturer will not even honor the warranty.

May 3, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #5,801 of 14,577
Not saying they are not trustworthy, Hifigo is a well known and respected retailer. But since a discussion about warranty came up, I remember how a few manufacturers, including iBasso, mentioned these repairs will be handled differently since customer has to return it back to a seller who has to return it back to 3rd party where they got it from. It is just a general comment to raise awareness since manufacturers post about it on their social media all the time, and they keep track of S/Ns and distributors. When you buy $25 iem, it might not matter, but when you invest over $1k into audio player, always a good idea to check with a seller and manufacturer how warranty will be handled. For example, some audio products sold on DROP are not directly from manufacturers, but rather a 3rd party, and the actual manufacturer will not even honor the warranty.
Sure, I understand that buying from an authorized source minimizes risk and hassle. On the other hand, it is hard for me to imagine established, albeit non-authorized, sellers like Hifigo would purchase off some dodgy third party that might be knowingly getting faulty products (e.g. batches that didn't clear QC) just for the sake of pricing advantages. My point is (and it is notwithstanding the validity of your point) that established sellers like Hifigo have a rep to protect too. So, before I made my own purchase, I made sure to read Hifigo's terms and conditions and to check (as far as possible) their street cred around. Still, it is good to raise such points as you and I do and let people decide having all the facts. For me, a price differential of £150 was significant, meaning that money could go towards other accessories, but I acknowledge that others may both have different spending power and levels of risk aversion.

May 3, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #5,802 of 14,577
Hifi go told me they were an authorized seller, then I double checked with ibasso who said they were not. Made me uncomfortable to deal with hifigo, but it also could have been the language barrier. Anyways - I agree with the comments above. For something that is new to market, a little finicky for some, and a significant investment - I prefer the peace of mind from an authorized retailer. Was worth a small premium and delay in receipt - at least for me. $200 item and I wouldn’t care, $1.2k … I care.

May 3, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #5,803 of 14,577
I've already ordered mine from Amazon, supplied by AdvancedMP3players . Now I've realised I could've saved 10% from going direct to Advanced.
Yep AMP3 😉👍

iBasso.jpg

May 3, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #5,805 of 14,577
Authorized sellers offer you their expertise, service and are normally in the same country that you have made your purchase. Unauthorized sellers (authorized are on our webpage at www.ibasso.com) may have their own warranty but many things on current daps, no matter who manufactures it, will require if needed for repair, to be sent to the manufacturer. If from an authorized seller you can work with them for warranty or directly with us but if from an unauthorized seller, you will have to go through the unauthorized seller. This is our agreement with our authorized sellers and is understandable, since it is their business and investment in product, service, and people.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back