iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
May 2, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #5,761 of 14,577
I tried the DX300, thanks to @DarginMahkum

Yup is a big DAP, the size of my monstruos 20,000mAh power bank but heavier.

screen is nice, big font, despite that i had to use magnifying glass due to bright sunny day and reduced brightness on DAP screen.

the teated amp card was v1.0 . The sound is good, and okish at same time. The boring cirrus logic sound was a rhing of the iPod, here is warm ans fun, but IMHO too laid back and smooth with some treble roll-off (i forgot to ask about the filters).

stage was average and separation good. I said to @DarginMahkum it reminded of my wm1a stock FW, but now i rhink more of Zx300.

the sound of MK1 amp wasnt for me, yet he rold me of a MK2 .

tested with my flac music and an IER-M7 quad BA (8x driver rotal).

But very fast operation huge cover aty display very nice (my covers are all 950x950).

May 2, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #5,762 of 14,577
I tried the DX300, thanks to @DarginMahkum

Yup is a big DAP, the size of my monstruos 20,000mAh power bank but heavier.

screen is nice, big font, despite that i had to use magnifying glass due to bright sunny day and reduced brightness on DAP screen.

the teated amp card was v1.0 . The sound is good, and okish at same time. The boring cirrus logic sound was a rhing of the iPod, here is warm ans fun, but IMHO too laid back and smooth with some treble roll-off (i forgot to ask about the filters).

stage was average and separation good. I said to @DarginMahkum it reminded of my wm1a stock FW, but now i rhink more of Zx300.

the sound of MK1 amp wasnt for me, yet he rold me of a MK2 .

tested with my flac music and an IER-M7 quad BA (8x driver rotal).

But very fast operation huge cover aty display very nice (my covers are all 950x950).
You are welcome! I normally use the 384 kHz upsampled files in NOS mode, and that makes quite a difference in the sound quality and stage, especially helps with the treble roll off. I forgot to mention it.

May 2, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #5,763 of 14,577
You are welcome! I normally use the 384 kHz upsampled files in NOS mode, and that makes quite a difference in the sound quality and stage, especially helps with the treble roll off. I forgot to mention it.
Yes and other big mistake lol, having had tested on Monday the DMP-Z1

May 2, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #5,764 of 14,577
Questions to DX300 owners -

- Will the device get warm or even hot during use?

- What does the LED on top of the screen reflect? Bitrate? What color-options are there?

- How does the volume knob perform? In my experience they tend to lag somehow (R8 & SE200). Meaning I have to turn _a lot_ to get significant volume changes…

- How is the streaming app functionality and performance? I guess you can just install the latest version of Tidal/Spotify/Apple Music etc. and are good? No problems with crashes?

- Problems with hissing? I am using Empire Ears IEMs.

- Anyone experienced the DX300 & SE200 - what do you think?

Thanks!

Last edited:
May 2, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #5,765 of 14,577
Questions to DX300 owners -

- Will the device get warm or even hot during use?

- What does the LED on top of the screen reflect? Bitrate? What color-options are there?

- How does the volume knob perform? In my experience they tend to lag somehow (R8 & SE200). Meaning I have to turn _a lot_ to get significant volume changes…

- How is the streaming app functionality and performance? I guess you can just install the latest version of Tidal/Spotify/Apple Music etc. and are good? No problems with crashes?

- Problems with hissing? I am using Empire Ears IEMs.

- Anyone experienced the DX300 & SE200 - what do you think?

Thanks!

1. No getting warm or hot for me and I even have lots of DSD files and use the balance output all the time

2. I use Mango OS to play nowadays so didnt care about colors. I believe it is based on bitrates. MQA color was orange.

3. Volume knob is fine, not exactly analog and I do not like the design. But nothing too repulsive for my day to day use.

4. Streaming works seamlessly and quite fast when I need to use these functions. I use spotify mostly. Watch youtube and netflix every now and then.

5. Dead silent. No hissing. Tested with campfire Andromeda (which I now sold).

6. No experience with SE200, but I promise to self to never buy any other AK product after my Kann Cube.

May 2, 2021 at 5:47 AM Post #5,766 of 14,577
6. No experience with SE200, but I promise to self to never buy any other AK product after my Kann Cube.
Care to elaborate a bit? Out of curiosity, cos I had Cube on my sights before settling on DX300. Heard sonic performance was awesome, with humongous power, but it was plagued with OS problems when it came to web apps.

Last edited:
May 2, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #5,767 of 14,577
Care to elaborate a bit? Out of curiosity, cos I had Cube on my sights before settling on DX300. Heard sonic performance was awesome, with humongous power, but it was plagued with OS problems when it came to web apps.

I know sound is subjective, but it is too sterile and boring for my taste (DX300 is the complete opposite). But that was not my main issue. The device is not very egornomical. OS is unstable and glitchy. My last straw was a dead pixel on my screen (so tiny that I did not realize it was there in the first place) so a bit of a bad personal impression with AK. I decided to steer clear thereafter. Now very happy with my DX300. Powerful, clean sound and very fast processor.

May 2, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #5,768 of 14,577

Also if you don't intend to drive fullsize cans, the Kann is not completely hiss free for IEMs.

May 2, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #5,769 of 14,577
1. No getting warm or hot for me and I even have lots of DSD files and use the balance output all the time

2. I use Mango OS to play nowadays so didnt care about colors. I believe it is based on bitrates. MQA color was orange.

3. Volume knob is fine, not exactly analog and I do not like the design. But nothing too repulsive for my day to day use.

4. Streaming works seamlessly and quite fast when I need to use these functions. I use spotify mostly. Watch youtube and netflix every now and then.

5. Dead silent. No hissing. Tested with campfire Andromeda (which I now sold).

Thank you very much. In fact I am contemplating selling my SE200 because of unacceptable customer / software support. Your answers help me.

One more question I forgot to ask - I see the DX300 has a pretty neat PEQ feature. Will the EQ work system-wide, meaning also in streaming apps other than the pre-installed players for local files?

May 2, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #5,770 of 14,577
Thank you very much. In fact I am contemplating selling my SE200 because of unacceptable customer / software support. Your answers help me.

One more question I forgot to ask - I see the DX300 has a pretty neat PEQ feature. Will the EQ work system-wide, meaning also in streaming apps other than the pre-installed players for local files?
Only Mango app in Android.

May 2, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #5,771 of 14,577
I know sound is subjective, but it is too sterile and boring for my taste (DX300 is the complete opposite). But that was not my main issue. The device is not very egornomical. OS is unstable and glitchy. My last straw was a dead pixel on my screen (so tiny that I did not realize it was there in the first place) so a bit of a bad personal impression with AK. I decided to steer clear thereafter. Now very happy with my DX300. Powerful, clean sound and very fast processor.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I've got DX300. It is still burning-in at approx. 200hrs, so I can't wait to listen to it. But I've got a few bizarre problems with MTP in MangoOS out of USB3.0 or higher, which I've highlighted above in the thread and Ibasso is investigating as we speak, so I'm waiting for a conclusion to this, before I dive in. However, your reply confirms what I've already heard about the Cube. DX300 OSs are indeed fast, screen is superb. I was looking a long time now to get into smartphone territory, forced, so to speak, by the direction of travel around me. Despite being into tech, I've never found smartphones my thing. I liked laptops for work/study and tablets for portable viewing and dislike regular texting/phoning. Yet, none of these offered sound quality comparable to a DAP/DAC. So DX300, because of its glitch-free and speedy OS and web performance, came as an answer for a smartphone/DAP hybrid (using data dongle on the go) that answers pretty much my need to be contactable during travel while enjoying hi-res sound.

May 2, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #5,773 of 14,577
Thank you @twister6 - I know it’s a little bit like apples to oranges. Still, how would you compare the DX300 to the A&K SE200? Which one would you prefer and why?

Thanks!

Sorry, never heard SE200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back