iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 26, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #5,701 of 14,577
Aux is not the same as Coax. The Coax beside being 75ohms, the cables itself have to be constructed specifically
No it's not, coax has 75ohm impedance. Here is what you need. Choose 3pole option https://penonaudio.com/3.5mm-coaxial-cable-for-chord-mojo-dap.html

That is a theoretical requirement, especially for long cables, that the high frequency digital signal can be safely transmitted over cable lengths of several meters. If you have a well shielded and/or a short RCA cable (or a 3.5mm terminated interconnect cable) it will work as good.

And iBasso cable itself is 2-pole, but 3-pole cable will work as well.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/...0-ohm-rca-coax-instead-of-75-ohm-spdif-cable/

"Assuming your S/PDIF cable has a velocity factor of .7 or higher, one wavelength at 6 MHz is at least 115 feet or 35 meters. If your S/PDIF cable is shorter than one-tenth of that, it is too short to function as a transmission line, so its characteristic impedance is irrelevant."

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #5,702 of 14,577
That is a theoretical requirement, especially for long cables, that the high frequency digital signal can be safely transmitted over cable lengths of several meters. If you have a well shielded and/or a short RCA cable (or a 3.5mm terminated interconnect cable) it will work as good.

And iBasso cable itself is 2-pole, but 3-pole cable will work as well.
Nope! I tried on my LKS004 DAC from Dx200 many years ago, the sound quality suffered, and then the PLL clocks just dropped by itself.

Anyways, if it float in your boat, then go for it :)

Apr 26, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #5,703 of 14,577
Nope! I tried on my LKS004 DAC from Dx200 many years ago, the sound quality suffered, and then the PLL clocks just dropped by itself.

Anyways, if it float in your boat, then go for it :)
How many meters was the cable? There is no way a 20cm interconnect to have a problem there.

Apr 26, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #5,705 of 14,577
It was merely 50cm. It worked, but as I said.
Then there must have been a strong interference from somewhere and probably the cable was not shieled. I never in my life bought a SPDIF/coax specific cable and encountered any kind of sound degradation or problems. I will give it another try with 192 kHz, though.

Apr 26, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #5,706 of 14,577
Then there must have been a strong interference from somewhere and probably the cable was not shieled. I never in my life bought a SPDIF/coax specific cable and encountered any kind of sound degradation or problems. I will give it another try with 192 kHz, though.
You should check it out with some DAC that has the ability to manually adjust the main clocks PLL. Shielded cables that isn’t Coaxial in constructions just made it even worse

Sound degradations isnt night and day, but it is there, once you compared it to a properly made Coax with good source and DaC

The thing is that these modern coax devices are using 3.5mm. So anyone can plug in a 3.5 to 3.5 and have it working. It it will not be at it best.

I then proceeded to make several Coax cables, and all I can tell you is that both the connectors and the cables constructions do interfere with the quality it is conducting. The 3.5mm isn’t a properly Coax connector (it just do the part), and not all RCA connectors are qualified to be Coax standard either. On top of that, the most important factor in the chain was the cables, period.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #5,708 of 14,577
Apr 26, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #5,709 of 14,577
300 + NOS filter 👍 looking forward to the new amp cards 🎉...

1E05F9C0-C701-428C-896C-211C78AD1A9E.jpeg

Apr 26, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #5,710 of 14,577
300 + NOS filter 👍 looking forward to the new amp cards 🎉...

.1E05F9C0-C701-428C-896C-211C78AD1A9E.jpeg
Just sharing a wonderful combo of DX300 with new module, Romi Amp, Double Helix cable, and HD820.
1619481742532.png

Apr 27, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #5,711 of 14,577
Is something broken with UAPP app integration, for some reason my UAPP is presenting with distortion and PowerAmp has started giving me better quality playback.

Apr 27, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #5,712 of 14,577
Maybe these are dumb questions but I'll ask anyway:

1. While using the burn in cable to do the initial burn in, do you guys keep the charger plugged in? Is this safe and healthy for the battery or should I just let it drain so that the battery gets more cycles?

2. How to tell if the amp11 is mk1 or mk2 by looking at it from the outside?

Thanks.

Apr 27, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #5,713 of 14,577
Maybe these are dumb questions but I'll ask anyway:

1. While using the burn in cable to do the initial burn in, do you guys keep the charger plugged in? Is this safe and healthy for the battery or should I just let it drain so that the battery gets more cycles?

2. How to tell if the amp11 is mk1 or mk2 by looking at it from the outside?

Thanks.
Hi
Ad1: To be safe, I just let it drain and charge a few times and then let it stay connected over night and burn in
Ad2: I had a sticker on the outside of the Ibasso box that told me it's MKII

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #5,715 of 14,577
I've got a long running issue maybe people can help with. As I understand it, Android has a native music library creator that reads the ID3 tags (in my case mp3 files) and many music player apps use this library. In my case it's as if there aren't any tags to my files - music player apps will tell me I have x number of tracks with unknown artist, unknown song title etc

I use Media Monkey to sync files from my media library to my DX300 - but I had the same issue with the DX220. I have to use a media player such as Neutron which creates its own library - but it still uses the ID3 tags, and it works.

When I use a tag editor on the device it can't read the existing tags and I've tried editing the tags on the PC and just copying them across in case it was MediaMonkey but the result is still the same. I'm stumped on this one. How does anyone else copy files across, and do you have similar issues?

thanks
Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back